Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Bad Beat

I limped in on the button with 8-9 suited.

Flop came Q-J-10 (J-10 are suited but not my suit). 1st guy bets small, two callers, I go all in (I don't want to let a drawing hand in.

I get called by a guy with A-10. Ace on the turn, 10 on the river. :banana:

The call it the @ss end for a reason

Why would you push all in without the best hand?

I didn't believe anyone had AK. I did have the best hand.

Had an experience kind of like that but different the other night. First hand of a SNG. 89 clubs in SB. Several limpers and I call the 1/2 blind. Flop is 10Jx with 2 clubs. So I have flush draw and open ended str8 draw. Bet half pot and 3 guys call. Turn is 7 red. Go all in and all three call. River is a blank and I knock 3 guys out on the first hand. Man that was sweet. Sorry for you bad beat BTW.

The original post could be written in an entirely foreign language, and I might understand it better.

Better luck next time.

Naomi,

A bad beat is when you have a statistical advantage in a hand but lose it anyways, and typically we're talking about a large statistical advantage. In this case Redtodd had made a straight and the other guy had only a pair of 10's. Redtodd was a large favorite in the hand but he saw possibilities where someone might call a small bet so he bet all his money (all in). The other fellow called and was about a 9-1 underdog. Unfortunately for Redtodd the other guy caught the cards he needed to beat the odds, hence the "bad beat".

The original post could be written in an entirely foreign language, and I might understand it better.

Better luck next time.

Naomi,

A bad beat is when you have a statistical advantage in a hand but lose it anyways, and typically we're talking about a large statistical advantage. In this case Redtodd had made a straight and the other guy had only a pair of 10's. Redtodd was a large favorite in the hand but he saw possibilities where someone might call a small bet so he bet all his money (all in). The other fellow called and was about a 9-1 underdog. Unfortunately for Redtodd the other guy caught the cards he needed to beat the odds, hence the "bad beat".

Thanks for the translation...wasn't expecting that. That might come in handy if I finally get around to playing online though :ninja:

poker threads are so 2005

I deposited 50 big ones this morning after about a three week "break". :ninja:

:first: Just won the first sit and go I played since coming back from the 3 week "break". Was only a 2.00 buy in, but still. :banana:

I limped in on the button with 8-9 suited.

Flop came Q-J-10 (J-10 are suited but not my suit). 1st guy bets small, two callers, I go all in (I don't want to let a drawing hand in.

I get called by a guy with A-10. Ace on the turn, 10 on the river. :banana:

So your straight lost to a pair of 10s????

What kind of "special" poker do they play up there in northern Wisconsin? :first:

Without reading. Let me guess. You had the best hand until the river and you got beat. Wow. Too bad..... :yawn:

So your straight lost to a pair of 10s????

What kind of "special" poker do they play up there in northern Wisconsin? ;)

Full House

Hey Todd, any luck at Titan?

That is a tough beat, had one similar a ways back only I flopped 3 Qs and the other guy went runner runner AA to win with AQ.

That is a tough beat, had one similar a ways back only I flopped 3 Qs and the other guy went runner runner AA to win with AQ.

I am still not sure what I think of it. I have been mostly just doing the low money SNG's and low limit short table games. The low limit 6 person tables are easy money (though, not much to gain).

The low entry SNG's are EXTREMELY loose.

I seem to get more tough beats than on Poker Room.

I seem to get more tough beats than on Poker Room.

Man that must really be a tough site to stomach.

got that other link?

Poker has come a long way since the days of Wild Bill Hickok. If only the rest of the geeks that watch poker on TV would go the way of Wild Bill...