Sign in to follow this  
Baby Jesus

Nuggets are going to the conference finals

:cheers:

I'm pretty sure that players from eliminated teams get a couple comp tickets, so there is a fair chance that they'll be in attendance.

I'm pretty sure that players from eliminated teams get a couple comp tickets, so there is a fair chance that they'll be in attendance.

Denver is looking to get Memphis in the first round. Denver has beaten Memphis 17 straight times at home.

Get past the first round and probably looking at Phoenix. Ordinarily, I'd say no way. But with no Stoudemire, Denver is a better team.

I'm not saying the Nuggets won't get spanked in the finals by the Spurs, but making it there for the first time since the mid 80's will be nice.

Is there a McDonalds in San Antonio's arena? I'm pretty sure those will be the only nuggets in attendance. ZING.

Is there a McDonalds in San Antonio's arena? I'm pretty sure those will be the only nuggets in attendance. ZING.

the only dunking the Nuggets are going to do in the conference finals is int o the sweet and sour sauce

baaaaaaraaahhhhhh

:lol:

the only dunking the Nuggets are going to do in the conference finals is int o the sweet and sour sauce

baaaaaaraaahhhhhh

Denver is looking to get Memphis in the first round. Denver has beaten Memphis 17 straight times at home.

Get past the first round and probably looking at Phoenix. Ordinarily, I'd say no way. But with no Stoudemire, Denver is a better team.

I'm not saying the Nuggets won't get spanked in the finals by the Spurs, but making it there for the first time since the mid 80's will be nice.

In the NBA post season, as in most playoffs, solid defensive teams tend to win games. Memphis is #1 in ppg allowed, at 88.7. Denver is among the leagues worst, at 100.1.

On the other end of the court, Memphis' offense runs through a 7 footer who initiates much of his scoring inside 18 feet. While he has improved at taking the ball to the basket, Denver's top offensive player (Anthony) is still too often content to settle for jump shots.

Home win streaks often go by the wayside in the post season. Opposing teams aren't playing the second game of a back-to-back, they haven't traveled from a remote location the night before, etc.

Denver is just the type of NBA team that gets upset in the playoffs, and the matchup with Memphis is not a good one for them.

:thumbsdown:

:clap:

baaaaaaraaahhhhhh

In the NBA post season, as in most playoffs, solid defensive teams tend to win games. Memphis is #1 in ppg allowed, at 88.7. Denver is among the leagues worst, at 100.1.

On the other end of the court, Memphis' offense runs through a 7 footer who initiates much of his scoring inside 18 feet. While he has improved at taking the ball to the basket, Denver's top offensive player (Anthony) is still too often content to settle for jump shots.

Damn, dude. I respect your opinion about basketball (college and pro) more than anyone here, prolly. You're at least up there with fatroll and TBoy.

But I don't think you've watched too much of Denver this year if you think that Melo "settles" for jumpshots. Artest said he's the hardest player to cover in the game. Popovich (two weeks ago) labeled him "unstoppable". There's a statistic being thrown around that Jordan hit 11 game-winners in his career and Melo is already at eight (lies, damn lies).

I love Gasol. He's probably the most underrated player in the NBA. But I'd take Melo over him any day of the week and take Denver's roster/coach over Memphis, too. Even if Memphis gets home court.

Denver is also getting in "playoff" mode. You know that tough, half court teams fit that mold. Camby and KMart beat the crap out of Golden State a couple nights ago. Didn't beat them. Beat the crap out of them. Dunleavy was on the floor most of the game.

Of course, Golden State isn't Memphis. Apparently, Fratello is praying for the Nuggets and the Clippers are tanking games to get Denver.

We'll see what happens.

Denver is going to be a tough out for anybody in the West who draws them - that includes SA or Dallas.

Damn, dude. I respect your opinion about basketball (college and pro) more than anyone here, prolly. You're at least up there with fatroll and TBoy.

But I don't think you've watched too much of Denver this year if you think that Melo "settles" for jumpshots. Artest said he's the hardest player to cover in the game. Popovich (two weeks ago) labeled him "unstoppable". There's a statistic being thrown around that Jordan hit 11 game-winners in his career and Melo is already at eight (lies, damn lies).

I love Gasol. He's probably the most underrated player in the NBA. But I'd take Melo over him any day of the week and take Denver's roster/coach over Memphis, too. Even if Memphis gets home court.

Denver is also getting in "playoff" mode. You know that tough, half court teams fit that mold. Camby and KMart beat the crap out of Golden State a couple nights ago. Didn't beat them. Beat the crap out of them. Dunleavy was on the floor most of the game.

Of course, Golden State isn't Memphis. Apparently, Fratello is praying for the Nuggets and the Clippers are tanking games to get Denver.

We'll see what happens.

Yep, Melo has been doing damn well whatever he wants lately, as long as there aren't three guys on him. He'll take anyone to the basket and drop his jumper over anyone as well. He's been on fire and he has carried this injury riddled team on his back. I'm glad I got my playoff tickets! :thumbsdown:

Baby Jesus - don't suppose you've seen any matchups this year between Denver and Phoenix? To suggest the Nuggets can beat Phoenix 4 times even without Amare is predicting a major upset.

Baby Jesus - don't suppose you've seen any matchups this year between Denver and Phoenix? To suggest the Nuggets can beat Phoenix 4 times even without Amare is predicting a major upset.

Agreed. Denver's style allows Phoenix to play their game. Those games were some of the best of the season.

Disclaimer: I'm a Suns homer.

Western Conference Championship Winner:

SAN ANTONIO 8 to 11 Odds

DALLAS 4 to 1 Odds

PHOENIX 15 to 4 Odds

DENVER 18 to 1 Odds

SACRAMENTO 25 to 1 Odds

MEMPHIS 40 to 1 Odds

LA CLIPPERS 45 to 1 Odds

LA LAKERS 55 to 1 Odds

UTAH 200 to 1 Odds

NEW ORLEANS 300 to 1 Odds

Western Conference Championship Winner:

SAN ANTONIO 8 to 11 Odds

DALLAS 4 to 1 Odds

PHOENIX 15 to 4 Odds

DENVER 18 to 1 Odds

SACRAMENTO 25 to 1 Odds

MEMPHIS 40 to 1 Odds

LA CLIPPERS 45 to 1 Odds

LA LAKERS 55 to 1 Odds

UTAH 200 to 1 Odds

NEW ORLEANS 300 to 1 Odds

I got 9 to 2 on Phoenix when I was in Vegas last week. Also a 6 to 5 bet on Detroit for my inlaws as a gift for watching our rugrats.

I got 9 to 2 on Phoenix when I was in Vegas last week. Also a 6 to 5 bet on Detroit for my inlaws as a gift for watching our rugrats.

I need a better gambling website. They screw me on the odds. :ninja: