Sign in to follow this  
bob_probert_2000

First 18 hole round of the year

Shot 44, 42 for a 86 on a 132 slope course where they used to play the Nike Tour.

Only one major mishit, the rest was just distance and accuracy lapses.

My friend who I called to go with shot a 2 under 69. :blink:

You idiot. You need to get your money's worth out of it. I, on the other hand, shoot around a 57 on 9 mind you, allowing more shots per dollar.

Picture perfect today in Pennsylvania, shot a 92.........I really really hate fast greens(and can't play them at all :clap:

BTW, i got a deal on a Maxfli A10 driver and used it today for the first time, excellent club.

Picture perfect today in Pennsylvania, shot a 92.........I really really hate fast greens(and can't play them at all :thumbsdown:

BTW, i got a deal on a Maxfli A10 driver and used it today for the first time, excellent club.

serioulsy????? how can you hate fast greens?? they are so true, instead of 85% of the crap ass green that most people play on. I have played a lot of golf on fast greens from working on some of teh better golf courses and it is so much better then playing on slower greens. I can say I'll usually have 4-5 less putts per 18 at least on faster green

Nike event huh - either Yankee or Heatherwood? I played 9 at Four Bridges last night. It was nice to get out.

Picture perfect today in Pennsylvania, shot a 92

What did you get on the second nine? :rolleyes:

My putting has been awful in the 4 rounds I have played so far.

Give me 30 feet...and Im fine. I will nestle it up there nice for a tap in.

Give me 10-15 feet...and Im running it 5 feet past every time.

Give me 4 or 5 feet and I am just buring the edges of the cup.

Shooting decent rounds...but could be so much better if I could putt.

Nike event huh - either Yankee or Heatherwood? I played 9 at Four Bridges last night. It was nice to get out.

Heatherwood, which is my home course where I keep handicap.

I liked Four Bridges when I played it, though it was a bit immature back when I played there. I have a friend that is hooking me up with some free rounds at Macatiwa?(sp?)

I liked Four Bridges when I played it, though it was a bit immature back when I played there. I have a friend that is hooking me up with some free rounds at Macatiwa?(sp?)

What is your handicap? Curious about how the golfers are on the bored....

Just played 18 today, five of my shots were of professional caliber, the other 90 were :huh:

Played last Friday near DC in a scramble.

:unsure: Drained a 25 foot EAGLE putt!! :mad:

[1st time swinging a club since 10/05. Felt good.]

I've heard good things about Makatewa. My brother-in-law is a member there. Old course - no water. Tight fairways and small greens. I'm playing Stonelick Hills on Saturday.

It just doesn't get much better than casual/fun golf in the afternoon chasing the sun down.

We had 6 in our group (and were pushing a 3-some), the radios blasting, cigars a puffin and the beer was flowing. Went off at 5:30 and got 14 holes in - also cleared $40. :thumbsup:

What is your handicap? Curious about how the golfers are on the bored....

6.6 - but that is a little exaggerated by the 74 i shot in a tournament. Probably average an 82.