Sign in to follow this  
brinett9

Ann Murray's New Album

My attempt at the zero-view thread. :lol:

denied

I wanted to nail her back in the day.

Forget the medicine - a spoonful of what makes Mary Poppins go down?

Don't under estimate the impact and contributions Anne Murray has made to Popular music. Not only was she the Canadian female music pioneer who helped pave the way for Alanis Morissette, Céline Dion, Sarah McLachlan, Diana Krall, Shania Twain and k.d. lang, (yes... that may not have necessarily been a GOOD thing); she's the most successful female crossover artist in history. By that I mean her music appeals to Country, Popular, Christian, Children's, Adult Contemporary, Easy Listening and even Gay music fans alike. She was the first Canadian female to hit #1 on the Billboard singles chart and has sold over 54 million albums during her career, including 25 Gold records in the US alone. I defy people to name a wedding reception song they've heard more often than Can I Have This Dance. Murray has also enjoyed phenomenal media exposure; even during the era that pre-dates MTV, cable and satellite television. She's an excellent golfer, author, music publisher, charity spokesperson, philanthropist, entrepreneur and has a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

For the record, Anne Murray is not a lesbian and hipper than alot of people realize: She wasn't offended being called a "b!tch" in the South Park song Blame Canada, Bruce Springsteen and Jerry Seinfeld have opened for her concerts, Elvis was a fan, John Lennon considered her rendition of The Beatles You Won't See Me the best cover version of any song they recorded, Alice Cooper's manager once represented her and during the late '60's/early '70's; plenty of red-blooded American men would've done her in a heartbeat. Granted she hasn't made alot of noise on the charts over the past 20 years; but Anne is still the most beloved and renowned female Canadian music artist in history.

Don't under estimate the impact and contributions Ann Murray has made to Popular music. Not only was she the Canadian female music pioneer who helped pave the way for Alanis Morissette, Céline Dion, Sarah McLachlan, Diana Krall, Shania Twain and k.d. lang, (yes... that may not have necessarily been a GOOD thing); she's the most successful female crossover artist in history. By that I mean her music appeals to Country, Popular, Christian, Children's, Adult Contemporary, Easy Listening and even Gay music fans alike. She was the first Canadian female to hit #1 on the Billboard singles chart and has sold over 54 million albums during her career, including 25 Gold records in the US alone. I defy people to name a wedding reception song they've heard more often than Can I Have This Dance. Murray has also enjoyed phenomenal media exposure; even during the era that pre-dates MTV, cable and satellite television. She's an excellent golfer, author, music publisher, charity spokesperson, philanthropist, entrepreneur and has a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

For the record, Ann Murray is not a lesbian and hipper than alot of people realize: She wasn't offended being called a "b!tch" in the South Park song Blame Canada, Bruce Springsteen and Jerry Seinfeld have opened for her concerts, Elvis was a fan, John Lennon considered her rendition of The Beatles You Won't See Me the best cover version of any song they recorded, Alice Cooper's manager once represented her and during the late '60's/early '70's; plenty of red-blooded American men would've done her in a heartbeat. Granted she hasn't made alot of noise on the charts over the past 20 years; but Anne is still the most beloved and renowned female Canadian music artist in history.

This posts makes me a little uncomfortable. :doh:

This post makes me a little uncomfortable.

My parents are big fans; I had the majority of my earlier response saved from an e-mail I sent to my Dad last Christmas.

My parents are big fans; I had the majority of my earlier response saved from an e-mail I sent to my Dad last Christmas.

Just so you know, "Snowbird" was in regular rotation on my dad's phonograph. :mad:

ANNE MURRAY..... not ANN!!!!

(Fricken Yanks)