Sign in to follow this  
Electric Mayhem

Do you think they will reinstate the draft if we go to war aginst Iran?

We're already stretched thin. And I would HAVE to think that recruitment in the Armed Forces is WAY down now that we are actually sending kids out to fight rather than the cold wars of the recent past.

Unless the US played a very minor role in the assault (yeah... like that that would happen), I just don't see how we would have the manpower to keep troops all over the world playing World Police, and support two fronts in the Middle East, as well as effectively protect our own borders.

We may need some more pilots, but thats about it. :ninja:

We're already stretched thin. And I would HAVE to think that recruitment in the Armed Forces is WAY down now that we are actually sending kids out to fight rather than the cold wars of the recent past.

Unless the US played a very minor role in the assault (yeah... like that that would happen), I just don't see how we would have the manpower to keep troops all over the world playing World Police, and support two fronts in the Middle East, as well as effectively protect our own borders.

actually, they have met thier recruiting goals the last few months.

How? Re-ups? Recalling those that have done their tours and were out? Reservists?

Perhaps, but look at the bright side. You can meet a hot military chick, fall in love, and fock it up. :thumbsup:

Empty the prisons, put the convicts on planes to Iran, parachute them in each with guns and hand grenades. Let them have at it. We can reassess afterwards whether we need to do anything else. My guess is that we would not have to do anything else.

Perhaps, but look at the bright side. You can meet a hot military chick, fall in love, and fock it up. :thumbsup:

too old

knees way to focked up

(can we say focked?) <_<

How? Re-ups? Recalling those that have done their tours and were out? Reservists?

Nope, the old fashion way. They lowered their goal to match the existing number.

Stop loss. Those that were supposed to get out they've kept in and counted them as enlistments :thumbsup:

I'm only guessing, I don't really know.  But it sounded good

Nope, the old fashion way. They lowered their goal to match the existing number.

:thumbsup: How can I like GG so much yet hate KD so much??

actually, i have no idea and dfont care, they were just mentioning ti on talk radio anout how even the armed forces were (allegedly) suprised that they have had a good run of meeting recruiting goals.

also, yer prolly right

FTA. I've had that same recurring nightmare that I'm back in that sh*thole organization for a long time.

They can take as many 18 y/os as they need but avoid the prior service, we did our time and we have good jobs and families now.

Of course, I would get that "F*CK YOU" tatoo on the outside of my right hand if I went back in and have the biggest attitude problem ever and telling officers to "go f*ck themsleves" might be fun.

if I was drafted I'd probably return a week later with a dishonorable discharge after abusing prisoners.

Yea, that might work.

Although, I'm not so sure that they just let you go home after doing that.

Empty the prisons, put the convicts on planes to Iran, parachute them in each with guns and hand grenades. Let them have at it. We can reassess afterwards whether we need to do anything else. My guess is that we would not have to do anything else.

Great post :thumbsup:

I've heard that too, but I'm curious how the National Guard has fared. I had a number of friends join out of high school (luckily long enough ago that none are still in), always assuming they would never leave the country. With so many guardsmen being sent overseas, I wonder how their recruiting has fared the last few years...