Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

NE geeks

I actually got ours done by Home Depot. They install Simonton windows (double pain, argon filled, tilt-in). Cost was roughly $450 per window, which was cheaper than NewPro and the like, and HD has a double-life time warrenty. Which means if you sell the house the warrenty transfers. Plus this warrently not only covers any part of the window (possibly not the glass, depending on which model you choose) but also the installation. So 10 years down the road if you think the window was installed a little crooked, HD will fix it free. No questions asked.

I replaced all of my old wooden windows with a vinyl window about 7 years ago. The windows were about $125-$150 each. Replacing them took about 20 - 30 minutes per window...4 screws each.

My tip - don't overpay for the best glass technology when most of your drafts and heat loss does not travel through the glass. Proper insulation around the window does a lot more for efficiency than the panes.

You could just do what the rednecks around here do. Put plywood over it. And keep it there. Forever.

I actually got ours done by Home Depot. They install Simonton windows (double pain, argon filled, tilt-in). Cost was roughly $450 per window, which was cheaper than NewPro and the like, and HD has a double-life time warrenty. Which means if you sell the house the warrenty transfers. Plus this warrently not only covers any part of the window (possibly not the glass, depending on which model you choose) but also the installation. So 10 years down the road if you think the window was installed a little crooked, HD will fix it free. No questions asked.

warrenty, warrently, 2 strikes, wanna try again? <_<

I'm surprised you're not claiming that windows are luxury rather than a necessity. :o

forget the windows, is a house is a necessity? <_<

millions of proud bums would not agree.