Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Taking PC too far

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/5503266

Tiger Woods has apologized for comments made during a television interview Sunday at the Masters that some found offensive.

When questioned about his less-than-stellar putting on the final day of the Masters, Woods said "I putted atrociously today. Once I got on the greens, I was a spaz."

The word is not often considered offensive in the United States, but in the United Kingdom, "spaz" is considered a derogatory term aimed at persons afflicted with spastic paralysis, which is a form of cerebral palsy.

A statement on Woods' website by his agent, Mark Steinberg, read "Tiger meant nothing derogatory to any person or persons and apologizes for any offense caused."

The British disabilities organization Scope, formerly known as The Spastics Society, responded to Woods' comments: "Once again, Tiger Woods demonstrates that we are two nations divided by a common language. Although in the U.S. the term 'spaz' may not be as offensive as it is here in the UK, many disabled people here will have taken exception to his likening a golf stroke to that of 'a spaz.' Scope is confident that Tiger Woods would be devastated to learn that something he said could offend his fans, disabled or non-disabled."

Woods took 33 putts in the final round at Augusta, finishing the round with a 2-under-par 70. He finished tied for third overall, behind winner Phil Mickelson.

Thats a little too far. Reminds me of when I was in the Army and I attended the Equal Opportunity school, they said that you can no longer use the term "white out" for describing "correctional fluid"...

Thats a little too far. Reminds me of when I was in the Army and I attended the Equal Opportunity school, they said that you can no longer use the term "white out" for describing "correctional fluid"...

But it's, ya know... white and all. :wall:

those spastic bloody blokes need to stfu! personally, I think it would've been hilarious for tiger to say something like "I putted like a handicapped person".

Maybe Randy Johnson should apolgize to the UK also since his name pretty much means

HORNY D!CK

:shocking:

personally, I think it would've been hilarious for tiger to say something like "I putted like a handicapped person".

It would have been even better if Tiger had said something like "I putted so bad Buick should give me a tart cart to drive around in."

Tiger Woods has apologized for comments made during a television interview Sunday at the Masters that some found offensive.

When questioned about his less-than-stellar putting on the final day of the Masters, Woods said "I putted atrociously today. Once I got on the greens, I was acting like a retard."

The word is not often considered offensive in the United States, but in the United Kingdom, "retard" is considered a derogatory term aimed at persons afflicted with spastic paralysis, which is a form of cerebral palsy

I doubt many British citizens really got upset about it. Probably just a few British reporters who were trying to make a story out of nothing.

those spastic bloody blokes need to stfu! personally, I think it would've been hilarious for tiger to say something like "I putted like a handicapped person".

That would be funny!

those spastic bloody blokes need to stfu! personally, I think it would've been hilarious for tiger to say something like "Gai dutted dike ga andidap berson".

fixored

Yes, I am aware that I am going to Hell.