Sign in to follow this  
Ilov80s

Barry Bonds Under Federal Investigation

Looks like the media is really running with this story. I'm a huge baseball fan but I really have no interest until a judge or jury declares him guilty and actual punishment is handed down. That's when I'll actually start paying attention.

Looks like the media is really running with this story. I'm a huge baseball fan but I really have no interest until a judge or jury declares him guilty and actual punishment is handed down. That's when I'll actually start paying attention.

Amen! The league is off of steroids so now home runs are leaving the park more than they ever did. I'm not a Bonds fan but I hate the way that people with absolutely NO knowledge of any Bonds related material assume he used steroids. The media is pi$$ed off that Bonds won't talk to them so they villify him. It makes me want him to succeed even more!

Amen! The league is off of steroids so now home runs are leaving the park more than they ever did. I'm not a Bonds fan but I hate the way that people with absolutely NO knowledge of any Bonds related material assume he used steroids. The media is pi$$ed off that Bonds won't talk to them so they villify him. It makes me want him to succeed even more!

This is a joke, right? :thumbsup:

I mean, seriously, there's not enough kool-aid in the world that you could drink, is there?? :cheers:

This is a joke, right? :doublethumbsup:

I mean, seriously, there's not enough kool-aid in the world that you could drink, is there?? :clap:

Well, I still have this memory of America when someone had to be PROVEN guilty; not ASSUMED. Why does anyone give a sh!t about Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron anyways? Why are they held above Barry as if to say "How dare Barry challenge the record?" For one thing, Babe doesn't hold ANY homerun record, so I'm not sure why there is a countdown on ESPN regarding "2nd place". Besides, Charles Manson will go to the electric chair before Barry ever sees a jail cell.

Well, I still have this memory of America when someone had to be PROVEN guilty; not ASSUMED.

sure, IN A COURT OF LAW.

also in America we are free to think what we want. hth

Why Bonds and Not Raffy?

1. Becuase raffy isn't challenging the HR record

2. Because Bonds is a jerk which makes people wana see him fry even more

3. There is 10x more evidence against Bonds that he was doing steriods at the time he testified he wasn't. I don't think you can prove Raffy was therefore, no purgery.

Bonds might deserve this more than any other man alive.... :thumbsup:

The SI article a couple weeks ago was awesome. A doctor from Harvard published a mathematical formula that determines steroid use based on lean muscle mass (height, weight, body fat, age) and Bonds is apparently off the charts.

Raffy is the wrong color, much like McGwire.

Raffy is hispanic...you think our country has come that far?

funny how Giambi spilling his guts 2 years ago about his extensive roid

use was the smart way to go. of course telling the truth to a grand jury

when there is a mountain of evidence against you if you lied is always

the smart way to go.

I wasn't aware of the huge hated towards spanish people back in the 40's that has spilled over into 2006.

You gotta let it slide, the "i am being attacked because I am black" mantra needs to come into each thread eventually....just smirk at it and roll on... :thumbsup:

If someone hates Grant Hill, they're racist.

If someone hates Bonds, they're human.

1. Becuase raffy isn't challenging the HR record

2. Because Bonds is a jerk which makes people wana see him fry even more

3. There is 10x more evidence against Bonds that he was doing steriods at the time he testified he wasn't. I don't think you can prove Raffy was therefore, no purgery.

fact is raffy flunked a drug test, bonds didnt. they should be investgating raffy harder then bonds in my book.

the other thing i dont get is that bonds admitted to using steriods, under the veil that he didnt know it was steriod. lame excuse? of course, but he admitted use. so what more do they want?

the fact is the media has a hard-on for this guy, and is itching to see his demise. i hope they find nothing and leave this guy alone. if anything, they should be investigating who the hell leaked sealed court documents to the media.

he's on my fantasy bball team :crossfingers:

fact is raffy flunked a drug test, bonds didnt. they should be investgating raffy harder then bonds in my book.

If I remember right, they considered purgury against Raffy, but the evidence wasn't there. The drug test he failed was AFTER his "I never used steriods, period!" statement to Congress. Not that anyone believes he started using after his testimony, but how do you prove it? They must feel they have enough on Bonds to prove he lied.

the other thing i dont get is that bonds admitted to using steriods, under the veil that he didnt know it was steriod. lame excuse? of course, but he admitted use. so what more do they want?

the fact is the media has a hard-on for this guy, and is itching to see his demise. i hope they find nothing and leave this guy alone. if anything, they should be investigating who the hell leaked sealed court documents to the media.

he's on my fantasy bball team :crossfingers:

Your last sentence, about owning him in fantasy baseball, is the only thing that saved you from years and years of public humiliation.

I thought for a moment there that you liked the guy.

Barry is a cheater and I hope a bus falls on his head. He cheated the game and then tried to deny it. When that did not work he went back to his old standby,racism .

You're last sentence, about owning him in fantasy baseball, is the only thing that saved you from years and years of public humiliation.

I thought for a moment there that you liked the guy.

i dont like the guy, but i dont hate him either. but i do think its kinda unfair how much flak he gets for using 'roids when soooooo many other player are/were obviously using them too, and no one complains about them.

i'm just one of those people who believe the majority (yes, majority) of players a few years back were on the juice, but it only seems like bonds gets heat for it

Bonds gets heat for it because of 2 reasons.

1. He lied about it and continues to lie about it like we are dumb and won't know better.

2. He is about to break the holy record of most home runs and he cheated to do it.

Barry is a cheater and I hope a bus falls on his head. He cheated the game and then tried to deny it. When that did not work he went back to his old standby,racism .

You think Barry Bonds cheated?!?!? YOU RACIST! :unsure:

Bonds gets heat for it because of 2 reasons.

1. He lied about it and continues to lie about it like we are dumb and won't know better.

2. He is about to break the holy record of most home runs and he cheated to do it.

have a question. if the pitcher he hits a HR off of uses roids, is it a wash?

:lol: :ninja:

no

no

NOT at all. You ever hear the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right. Theres your answer. Besides roids won't make you know how to throw a splitter or a sinker in the right situation. Roids will however make a ball that would have been a long flyball reach the seats.

NOT at all. You ever hear the saying 2 wrongs don't make a right. Theres your answer. Besides roids won't make you know how to throw a splitter or a sinker in the right situation. Roids will however make a ball that would have been a long flyball reach the seats.

so roids doesnt make you know how to throw a splitter or sinker, yet it helps your hand/eye coordination and helps you make contact with the ball when these pitchers throw a splitter or sinker? :ninja:

Steroids can make a pitcher who throws 88 throw 92, which a good hitter can adjust to.

It also makes a 305 foot shot become a 345 foot shot, which fences cannot adjust to.

so roids doesnt make you know how to throw a splitter or sinker, yet it helps your hand/eye coordination and helps you make contact with the ball when these pitchers throw a splitter or sinker? :cheers:

No you have to have the hand eye coordination to hit the ball. barry was born for baseball and has all the skills to play well. What I am saying is that if you give a good player roids he becomes great. You give a great player with baseball in his blood roids and he becomes the monster that is barry bonds.