Sign in to follow this  
SmartassBoiler

DVD Players - HD Upconversion

I'm looking to buy a new DVD player, and I noticed that the players with the HD upconversion are about twice as expensive. For any of you that have it...is it worth it?

I'm looking to buy a new DVD player, and I noticed that the players with the HD upconversion are about twice as expensive. For any of you that have it...is it worth it?

I thought about it but are there any DVD's out there in HD yet?

I thought about it but are there any DVD's out there in HD yet?

THat's what I was wondering. Obviously going forward there will be, but I think progressive scan is probably good enough.

THat's what I was wondering. Obviously going forward there will be, but I think progressive scan is probably good enough.

I would have to agree. By the time DVD's in HD are commonplace, the new (Toshiba?) HD player would be outdated. I would guess that the industry is still trying to ween the public off of Video at this point. Then I would guess converting the public to widescreen format, then HD...until the bandwidth of cable and phone lines is expanded, there is a limit to what HD can be transmitted, therefore advertisers don't push it, blah, blah, blah...

In other words, money steers the industry!