Sign in to follow this  
hardboy23

In the market for a new hdtv television.

I am looking to get a new television for a house we will move into in June. I want a tv 50" or up but want to get the absolute best deal possible. I also would probably have to finance one with buying the new house and no side cash, so I will be looking at a Best Buy or Circuit City to buy.

My question for you geeks is, when is the best time to buy? Every week they have a different promotion, sales, or specials, but do any of you have experience with buying around Memorial day, or Father's Day? I am thinking Father's day may have the best deals, but am not sure.

Any suggestions would be great. My budget would be $2000 or less, so if you have a TV you recommend, let me know. Thanks!

Fathers day might not be a bad option, or trying memorial day weekend too. Tv's get cheaper and cheaper all the time, as they come out with bigger and better tv's.

Hell my TV when I got it about 2 1/2 years ago was $1,600, can probably get it for 1,100 now

Prices are dropping regularly in the big-TV biz, especially as plasma and other new technologies become cheaper to produce.

If you want a 50"+ and can only spend $2K, you will be limited to DLP rear-projection screens. If you can handle the cabinet space, they are really great TVs. You will be happy.