Sign in to follow this  
mulletia

global warming documentary

it doesn't exist.

That's not true: It's listed in my TV Guide.

People within 30 miles of the coast should be very concerned.....the flooding and storms are going to just get worse to the point where many parts of FLA, Cali, etc... are going to be inhabitable and it is going to happen in our life time.

People within 30 miles of the coast should be very concerned.....the flooding and storms are going to just get worse to the point where many parts of FLA, Cali, etc... are going to be inhabitable and it is going to happen in our life time.

Inhabitable?! Why would God let this happen?! :blink:

Inhabitable?! Why would God let this happen?! :blink:
FOR THE LOVE OF.... NOOOOOOOOOO!

FOR THE LOVE OF.... NOOOOOOOOOO!

It's all fun and games until somebodies house is floating in the Atlantic ocean! At the current rate of melting in Greenland and the polar ice caps, this sh!t could hit the fan a lot sooner then people think.....imagine New Orleans but instead of one city, 1/3 of the state of FLA!

It's all fun and games until somebodies house is floating in the Atlantic ocean! At the current rate of melting in Greenland and the polar ice caps, this sh!t could hit the fan a lot sooner then people think.....imagine New Orleans but instead of one city, 1/3 of the state of FLA!

That does it I'm moving :argue:

it doesn't exist.

Are you saying that because you've looked at the evidence and don't agree with it, or because it is a more conservative approach to claim that it isn't actually happening?

There is overwhelming evidence that it is occuring and a vast majority of scientists think it is happening. I would urge you to look at all of the reports and try to come to an unbiased conclusion. I cannot see how you can think it doesn't exist if you do that.

This should not be a conservative/liberal issue. I cannot understand why conservatives would not jump on this issue with the same fervor as a liberal. I have even heard Michael Savage, about as far right as one can be, say that the enviroment should be a conservative issue. His reasoning was that conservatives were more likely to be the ones to hunt or fish or camp (whether that is true or not is another discussion).

I tend to agree with Bill Maher and think it should be a liberal AND conservative issue because we're talking about our planet - you know, the only place in the universe we can live!

Are you saying that because you've looked at the evidence and don't agree with it, or because it is a more conservative approach to claim that it isn't actually happening?

There is overwhelming evidence that it is occuring and a vast majority of scientists think it is happening. I would urge you to look at all of the reports and try to come to an unbiased conclusion. I cannot see how you can think it doesn't exist if you do that.

This should not be a conservative/liberal issue. I cannot understand why conservatives would not jump on this issue with the same fervor as a liberal. I have even heard Michael Savage, about as far right as one can be, say that the enviroment should be a conservative issue. His reasoning was that conservatives were more likely to be the ones to hunt or fish or camp (whether that is true or not is another discussion).

I tend to agree with Bill Maher and think it should be a liberal AND conservative issue because we're talking about our planet - you know, the only place in the universe we can live!

Even if you think it is happening,we humans can do nothing about it.We don't have that kind of power.The part alot of conservatives disagree with is that somehow the US and George Bush is making it happen. :o

Even if you think it is happening,we humans can do nothing about it.We don't have that kind of power.The part alot of conservatives disagree with is that somehow the US and George Bush is making it happen. :first:

So, scientifically speaking, you think that the level of pollution that humans produce have and will do nothing to change the climate of the world?

Even if that were true - and I don't agree with you - isn't it worth cleaning up our act a bit in order to maintain cleaner breathing water, water, etc... (unless LA has always had smog like that...)? I'm not talking about placing blame in the past, but at least plan for the future. The ostrich approach is not a good one here.

:first: who cares :wacko: who cares :lol:

You have got to be the biggest dumbsh!t to ever grace a keyboard... :lol:

ROFLMAO

im with you man. have you ever seen the documentary 'the day after tomorrow'?

one word brother, yikes.

Even if you think it is happening,we humans can do nothing about it.We don't have that kind of power.The part alot of conservatives disagree with is that somehow the US and George Bush is making it happen. :first:

Despite the heated rhetoric that is so easy on a message board, I don't think that most rational people blame Bush et al for making it happen - instead, they (and I) wonder why there is such a vociferous denial by this Administration that it could even be happening ("we need more reports!" "1 out of 100 scientists don't believe this is happening!"). And thus, they do basically nothing to potentially help alleviate the problem, were it to exist.

And I don't believe that we humans can do nothing about it. We could, for instance (and I know I'm being facetious here, in a sense), ban automobiles. But there are things that we can do that might, just might at least slightly affect any potential global warming.

Call me hard-hearted, but my basic feeling on global warming is this: it's better safe than sorry. Too focking bad if we change policy to try and alleviate/slow global warming, and it affects negatively some businesses, and some people, for a few years. The economy, and society, will always adjust.

There is no guarantee that the Earth will be able to.

Even if you think it is happening,we humans can do nothing about it.We don't have that kind of power.The part alot of conservatives disagree with is that somehow the US and George Bush is making it happen. :thumbsdown:

you are a retard to think that there is nothing we can do to lower the amount of emissions that we produce. using biodiesel as opposed to regular diesel lowers emissions by 78%, as well as granting the big rig driver an extra mile to mile and a half, which on a vehicle that gets 6-7 miles a gallon is pretty impressive.

there are so many different ways to reverse the trend. The problem is that those in power and this is why they are blamed, are not willing to explore other options, like solar energy, Or use ethanol, which 90% of the cars in brazil run on, the ethanol is derived from sugarcane. a renewable source of energy that removes our dependence on the whims of opec. ethanol added to gas is another way to lower the emissions in cars.

to say we can't do anything about it is ridiculous

does it make you bed wetting libs feel better about yourselves that you "worry" about global warming? cuz you can worry 24/7 and it ain't going to make a bit of difference...buy some nice shades and enjoy the heat, you miserable focks. :thumbsup:

does it make you bed wetting libs feel better about yourselves that you "worry" about global warming? cuz you can worry 24/7 and it ain't going to make a bit of difference...buy some nice shades and enjoy the heat, you miserable focks. :rolleyes:

I'm not a Lib, but I just don't get this mentality at all. We know that our planet is getting focked up, but let's just ignore it. Yaaaaaayyyyyy! That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. How can you, with any type of intelligence, admit their is a problem and the suggest doing nothing.

It seriously boggles my mind.

I'm not a Lib, but I just don't get this mentality at all. We know that our planet is getting focked up, but let's just ignore it. Yaaaaaayyyyyy! That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. How can you, with any type of intelligence, admit their is a problem and the suggest doing nothing.

:rolleyes:

Dunno, maybe the FACT that the Earth has gone through natural heating and cooling trends for millions of years may explain what is going on now.

Or maybe the FACT that many of the "experts" that claim man is causing global warming are the same "experts" who claimed in the early '70's that the next Ice Age was coming. :rolleyes:

does it make you bed wetting libs feel better about yourselves that you "worry" about global warming? cuz you can worry 24/7 and it ain't going to make a bit of difference...buy some nice shades and enjoy the heat, you miserable focks.

Yep :rolleyes: You listen to them whine and biotch about it, but what do they really know about it?

(global warming) They know what a leftist media tells them. Sure, go ahead and spout off all you want, link some articles or two from scientists who are paid for their research based on what the payee wants them to come up with,(yes, I know, it works both ways)

and comment about how the world is comming to an end unless we stop whatever it is that we are doing to fock up our planet...

I don't know, and you "chicken littles" don't know what the fock is really going on.

Hey, save the enviroment..I'm all for that...

Hey, lets try and reduce pollutants any way we can...Sure, why not?

Hey, lets blame everything on the current administration..Standard Lib views :D

All I know is that a fish and game warden gave me a ticket tonight for lack of a current fishing liscense and old registration on my boat...

The dude was so cool...He could of totally focked me over and taken my gear.

My liscense was bought this year, but the registration on my boat is expired.

Pissed off, but he was doing his job, and was very cool about it...

Rant over...

:wacko: who cares :lol: who cares ;)

So, SUX2BME and Reclinor Pilot - your assertion is that the science that claims global warming is happening is false? I mean, if it were shown that it exists, it would make logical sense to try to do something about it, right?

But of course, I could try to link something about the environment, but naturally it would be research done by someone with a "left-wing*" agenda?

So, even if on some wacky chance you are right and there is no global warming in the pure sense of the word, don't you think it makes sense to try to be more environmentally responsible to reduce things like pollution and smog? Or is that some nutty left-wing idea too?

Whatever, it's just the planet....

*I still maintain that this debate shouldn't be about cons vs. libs. But why are so many cons. against even entertaining the idea that global warming is happening? It's like, some democrat mentioned global warming and so naturally some republican had to try to tell him he's wrong. I don't see the reason that so many cons. would come out and condemn it vs. the amount of libs. that condemn it (virtually none).

what are you doing about the problem, besides <_< :sleep: :cry: ? i'm all for a clean planet but i'm just not going to stop driving my SUV because some lib hippie treehugger says i need drive an overpriced, underpowered hybrid. i also don't think ringing my hands and worrying all the time will accomplish shiat. what are YOU doing besides bitching?

Isn't 'bitching' a form of protest? I think 'bitching' is undervalued. You'll see a lot more 'bitching' when Hillary is President

what are you doing about the problem, besides :huh: :lol: :lol: ? i also don't think ringing my hands and worrying all the time will accomplish shiat. what are YOU doing besides bitching?

You know, that's a good point. On a personal level, not as much as I could be. But every person has a small amount of "political capital", and if a lot more people stopping taking the approach of "eh, nothing we can do" to "hey, something should be done about this" then we might be able to change the direction of our government to do more to help out with this.

You might be confusing legitimate discussion with :cry: :cry: ...

i'm all for a clean planet but i'm just not going to stop driving my SUV because some lib hippie treehugger says i need drive an overpriced, underpowered hybrid.

This brings up a good point. The typical American consumer isn't going to buy a hybrid, or do other environmentally positive actions unless it makes sense economically to them. That's understandable - it's how Americans operate. So maybe an emphasis should be placed on making alternative fuel more cost efficient?

Also, nobody has still told me why this is a "liberal" issue.

So, SUX2BME and Reclinor Pilot - your assertion is that the science that claims global warming is happening is false? I mean, if it were shown that it exists, it would make logical sense to try to do something about it, right?

But of course, I could try to link something about the environment, but naturally it would be research done by someone with a "left-wing*" agenda?

So, even if on some wacky chance you are right and there is no global warming in the pure sense of the word, don't you think it makes sense to try to be more environmentally responsible to reduce things like pollution and smog? Or is that some nutty left-wing idea too?

Whatever, it's just the planet....

*I still maintain that this debate shouldn't be about cons vs. libs. But why are so many cons. against even entertaining the idea that global warming is happening? It's like, some democrat mentioned global warming and so naturally some republican had to try to tell him he's wrong. I don't see the reason that so many cons. would come out and condemn it vs. the amount of libs. that condemn it (virtually none).

I dont think most conservatives dispute the claim that the temperautre of the earth is rising. The questions are to what degree and how much are we to blame for it.

I dont think most conservatives dispute the claim that the temperautre of the earth is rising. The questions are to what degree and how much are we to blame for it.

Fair enough. At least in that regard it's being looked at and considered instead of just ignored.

does it make you bed wetting libs feel better about yourselves that you "worry" about global warming? cuz you can worry 24/7 and it ain't going to make a bit of difference...buy some nice shades and enjoy the heat, you miserable focks. :(

Maybe we care about our Kids future and their kids and so forth. We can make the world a better place to live for them if we slow down pollution. I don't really know if we can reduce global warming but I do know that if we reduce emmissions then it will have other positive effects on the environment. Cities like Los Angeles (still a very polluted atmosphere) have improved air quality dramatically with stricter regulations. It is a fact that we can improve the air quality.

I can't see why getting rid of pollution angers conservatives so much.

Who cares about California anyways.

More often than not, when people say there's nothing I can do, what they really mean is there's nothing I am willing to do.

If Cal. and FLA are going to be under water in our lifetime, why do people keep moving there?

If NY is going to be underwater, why did we just break ground on a new skyscraper?

I'm all for cleaner air, but to say that we're causing some kind of global catstrophe IMO is outrageous.

You can't extort money by saying "Everything is just fine." (See: Y2K problem)

I just want to know how many of you "the sky is falling" environmentalists have a car and use heat and electricity in your house. If you do you're part of the problem and should STFU. If you live in a cave and wear animal skins for clothing I apologize. Thank you.

More often than not, when people say there's nothing I can do, what they really mean is there's nothing I am willing to do.

the problem with bringing this up is that republicans, and this si why bush is blamed, along with his lack of desire to invest in findin alternative fuels, have turned this into a political issue and there are too few republicans who are taking a step back and instead of looking at the credentials of those who profess that global warming exists, professors at yale, princeton, and harvard, as well as scripps, they find a scientist who says what they want to hear and choose to believe that instead claiming that those other guys are just puzzy liberals with a hippie agenda. it's stupid, no different than those who beleive in creationism. The thing that really stries me about this thread is that the usual mouthpieces of the republicans rp, jg, et al argue that it doesn't exist, in the face of overwhelming evidence. Then you have the people who dont want to beleive it because if they do then that means that they are somehow to blame.

the problem with bringing this up is that republicans, and this si why bush is blamed, along with his lack of desire to invest in findin alternative fuels, have turned this into a political issue and there are too few republicans who are taking a step back and instead of looking at the credentials of those who profess that global warming exists, professors at yale, princeton, and harvard, as well as scripps, they find a scientist who says what they want to hear and choose to believe that instead claiming that those other guys are just puzzy liberals with a hippie agenda. it's stupid, no different than those who beleive in creationism. The thing that really stries me about this thread is that the usual mouthpieces of the republicans rp, jg, et al argue that it doesn't exist, in the face of overwhelming evidence. Then you have the people who dont want to beleive it because if they do then that means that they are somehow to blame.

LOL. Does one thread on this bored ever NOT turn political. I mean, they've been saying this about global warming for a lot longer than Bush has been in office. WTF did Clinton do about it? The same thing Bush is doing now maybe????