Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

NFL Draft Weekend Train Wreck: Buffalo Bills

I work with nothing but Bills fans, I cannot wait to rip on them come Monday morning, this is too funny.

:rolleyes: :mad:

I just signed back on to see the Bills traded up to get back into the first round. For who? A no name DT?

What did they give Chicago? WHAT THE FOCK IS GOING ON HERE?!@#!@!

DT John McCargo NC State

From ESPN:

"Some picks are more difficult to explain than others. It's true that defensive tackle is one of the Bills' needs, but taking McCargo here is one of the biggest reaches we've seen in years."

:banana:

I just signed back on to see the Bills traded up to get back into the first round. For who? A no name DT?

It's called Marv Levy.

Any team who puts an 80+ year old man in charge of their team deserves what they get.

I couldn't imagine being a fan of a team who could fock up a draft this badly.

DT John McCargo NC State

From ESPN:

"Some picks are more difficult to explain than others. It's true that defensive tackle is one of the Bills' needs, but taking McCargo here is one of the biggest reaches we've seen in years."

:cheers:

They gave up their 2nd and 3rd round picks :banana:

THAT'S IT! I'M A CARDS FAN!@@##

:cheers: :banana: :first:

the trade itself is good. they got they moved up a lot of picks and only lost one draft pick (which they got from travis henry). the problem is the guy they took

Maybe they're stealing the plot from Major League in an attempt to move to LA. ahhh?

:cheers:

That is focking brutal.

They easily, easily could have had him in the second round.

I found this on Rotoworld:

Bills traded up with the Bears to the No. 26 spot to draft NC State DT John McCargo.

Marv Levy has lost his mind. We can respect Buffalo picking against the grain, but they gave up picks to move up 12 spots for a player that wasn't supposed to go in the first 50 picks. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=NFL

Modrak is crazy too, crazy like a fox! :(

Can Fumbleweed edit the title to this thread to include "train wreck"?

Thanks in advance.

I just listened to the Bills second presser and Joe Herring (the guy who scouted John McCargo) is laughing like a madman!...lol...hi-larious

Kiper may not have projected McCargo being drafted until the third round, but CBSsportsline has his going at the end of the first round.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9401007/2

Everyone is all over the Bills today. I just heard Butch Davis was criticizing the Bills draft. Yeah, Butch Davis... :thumbsdown: At times, I wish I had a memory like that...lol

Well, Detroit just took a SS with their second round pick, so maybe the Bills were right about them eyeing Whitner.

Well, Detroit just took a SS with their second round pick, so maybe the Bills were right about them eyeing Whitner.

Could be. Doesn't make it a wise choice though.

I think the plan for the Bills is to draft all defense this year, and next year go all offense. Keep it simple. You know?

Can Fumbleweed edit the title to this thread to include "train wreck"?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Fumbleweed. :first:

In retrospect, this is all the Titans front office fault. If thy had listened to Norm Chow, they would have picked Lienhart. This would have left the Raiders estatic with the opportunity to get a player they really liked in Young. This would have dropped Huff to the Bills. Instead, we get the Bills pissing thier pants cause the guy they wanted isn't there and make a panic pick. Not to take anything away from the safety they did take, although going by value.... :rolleyes:

I feel better now :P

Ashton Youboty - nice pick. If you play DB for Ohio State, there is a better than 50% chance you will be drafted by the Bills. The average age of our scouts is 73 so they don't like to travel too far away from their homes and risk missing an early bird dinner.

Ashton Youboty - nice pick. If you play DB for Ohio State, there is a better than 50% chance you will be drafted by the Bills.

lol.... dont know if this was a need or what but i guess it wasnt as bad as the first 2

finally a good pick :thumbsup:

DT John McCargo NC State

From ESPN:

:wall:

His name is actually McCargill.....like one of the grain elevators......incredibly slow and has no value.

Oh, maybe he will be Erik Flowers Jr. The poor bastards at twobillsdrive.com are really going after the Jim Marv Levy Jones kool-aid today.

They did get somebody named Yo Booty from Ohio State. Guess Ralphie cut back on scouting to just Ohio State this past season.

:o

THAT'S IT! I'M A CARDS FAN!@@##

:wall: :wall:

We coulda had Leinart and Justice.

:mad: :ultimatemadface.com.org: :mad:

Could be. Doesn't make it a wise choice though.

I think the plan for the Bills is to draft all defense this year, and next year go all offense. Keep it simple. You know?

and the third year, all special-teams.

:unsure:

I'm not at all upset with the whitner pick, he will prove his worth as he is one hell of a good player and was slated to go 12-15 and still climbing up draft boards

mccargo, ummmmmyeahheadscratcher

youboty-great great pick

now lets ad ko simpson, and ray edwards and get this draft over

I'm not at all upset with the whitner pick, he will prove his worth as he is one hell of a good player and was slated to go 12-15 and still climbing up draft boards

mccargo, ummmmmyeahheadscratcher

youboty-great great pick

now lets ad ko simpson, and ray edwards and get this draft over

Good call on Ko Simpson!

that report ran in detroit and was laughed at: the lions had their eye on sims the whole time--even over huff, according to the rumors.

the bills focked up.

that report ran in detroit and was laughed at: the lions had their eye on sims the whole time--even over huff, according to the rumors.

the bills focked up.

Desperate men do desperate things. The Bills needed a SS and got the guy they wanted. Did they optimize their value? no. Moving on.

before we get all goofy

lets realize what the bills got, a guy who ran a 4.37 at the combine, broad jumped 11 feet and had a 40 inch vertical. He is the only safety who had a sub 4.4 40, 40 inch vertical, and 11 foot broad jump.

he is a better tackler than huff, and is just as much of a ball hawk.

he was also teh top rated defensive back in the country coming out of high school. Don't get caught up in the number of the pick, whitner is a player

before we get all goofy

lets realize what the bills got, a guy who ran a 4.37 at the combine, broad jumped 11 feet and had a 40 inch vertical. He is the only safety who had a sub 4.4 40, 40 inch vertical, and 11 foot broad jump.

he is a better tackler than huff, and is just as much of a ball hawk.

he was also teh top rated defensive back in the country coming out of high school. Don't get caught up in the number of the pick, whitner is a player

It's funny how a guy can be pretty much relegated to the background when you play on the same defense as Hawk and Carpenter. I remember when he signed out of high school, everyone thought he was all world. Then he has a steady, productive career at OSU but is outshined by the LBs. Then once the combine hits, everyone remembers that he's all world.

It's funny how a guy can be pretty much relegated to the background when you play on the same defense as Hawk and Carpenter. I remember when he signed out of high school, everyone thought he was all world. Then he has a steady, productive career at OSU but is outshined by the LBs. Then once the combine hits, everyone remembers that he's all world.

I think that's one of the things that makes the pick seem worse than it is, tressel builds his defense to funnel tackles to schlegel, hawk and carpenter. With those linebackers its rare for a safety to get a chance to make tackles. As a buckeye fan, I like the pick and I think whitner is going to show within the next two years that he was worthy of that spot.

mccargo is the pick that leaves me somewhat confused

I have to say this: after their head scratching first round, the Bills are restoring my faith. Those last two picks are great value picks - both could easily become starters within a year and seem perfect to grow into the Jauron Cover-2.

I can't believe I just used Jauron's name in a positive sentence. :paperbag:

I have to say this: after their head scratching first round, the Bills are restoring my faith. Those last two picks are great value picks - both could easily become starters within a year and seem perfect to grow into the Jauron Cover-2.

I can't believe I just used Jauron's name in a positive sentence. :paperbag:

go look at the video of jason allen I posted and realize that doesn't happen to donte whitner

you need to relax buddy, and remember that november and december in buffalo makes matt leinart useless, to play heere you can't have his arm

my only problem with the bill's draft is that they haven't taken an o-lineman yet. i could give 2 shits about where the 'experts' think our picks should have been taken. we got a bunch of young, fast, skilled d-backs. we also picked a dt that. apparently was the best on the bills' board at the time at a critical need position.

remember, mike williams was thought to be a good pick at the time, and look how that turned out for us.

my only problem with the bill's draft is that they haven't taken an o-lineman yet. i could give 2 shits about where the 'experts' think our picks should have been taken. we got a bunch of young, fast, skilled d-backs. we also picked a dt that. apparently was the best on the bills' board at the time at a critical need position.

remember, mike williams was thought to be a good pick at the time, and look how that turned out for us.

maybe john scott here?, or jessie mahelona?

or kyle williams, big motor guy, should be a decent rotation tackle

it seems that character is a common theme among the bills draft picks, character and a willingness to work

Kyle Williams - i really like what the Bills are doing.

maybe john scott here?, or jessie mahelona?

or kyle williams, big motor guy, should be a decent rotation tackle

it seems that character is a common theme among the bills draft picks, character and a willingness to work

did you just call another one?

Kyle Williams - i really like what the Bills are doing.

did you just call another one?

No, I added it after the pick

but I think people are overlooking what the bilsl are trying to do here, there is a common theme among each and everyone of these picks is that theya re high character, hard working guys, who may not be the most talented, though simpson, youboty, and whitner have really good talent, they will do what it takes to become better

john scott

oops, fred matua

or brad butler

so far so good

In a stunning move that seems to go against their draft strategy, The Bills take an offensive player. And even more dramatic, they broke with tradition to actually address their terrible O line.

:mad:

i wasn't very happy with how the first round went, but at least they impressed me with their other picks

the bills had a very good solid draft

it was clear in every player they took that they wanted high effort high character guys

they got 4 "athletes" with their first 4 picks, all are coachale and every one will contribute