Sign in to follow this  
zen

I am OFFICIALLY not a fan of the Buffalo Bills anymore

Who focked up more, Houston or Buffalo?

Both pathetic if you ask me. :doublethumbsup:

Buffalo. At least Mario was drafted NEAR where he was expected.

This OSU clown? A no name SAFETY at #8?

FOCK THIS TEAM!@!!

Seems like every year we talk about Buffalo reaching for a pick. They could have traded down and got Whitner and accumulated more picks.

Did Marv Levy forget to eat his Snickers?

I agree with being able to move down, But he should be a solid saftey for us. Vincent is getting old. We need a saftey a fast cover type guy. Bowen and Wire as starters this year? NO WAY.

We'll grab a DT in the 2nd or 3rd

and Also addresss the O-line, Depth at CB as well as some more DT in this draft.

That pick was practically a commercial for Alzheimer's prevention. <_<

:P

:bench:

What I can't wrap my mind around is why we choose him over Lienhart. Sure Lienhart wouldn't be able to help much thisyear, not that the Bills weren't gonna have a winning record this season anyways. But when you have a chance to have a franchise quaterback, how do you pass it up? <_< Someone please explain the logic of drafting Donte Whitner so that this sinking feeling in my stomach goes away :bench:

Whitner (sp?) had been projected as a Top 20-25 pick, so this was definitely a reach in the first round.

Ha. M. Levy doing his best work from the start. :lol: :wub: If you are going to waste picks... should have picked M. Lienart. He was #1 rated player on 20 NFL team's draft boards... :(

Bills should have traded down with the Broncos and let them get Leinart/Cutler while they would still get Whitner at 15

Bad bad bad decision

I am OFFICIALLY not a fan of the Buffalo Bills anymore

zen sells out again.

ESPN radio just said that Denver offered Buffalo its 2nd round pick to drop from #8 to #15. Their guy would've been there and they would've picked up a 2nd rounder.

:thumbsdown:

Philly, what the fock are you talking about?

Whitner was a shocking pick, but he will improve the defense and be a starter at SS this year.

ESPN radio just said that Denver offered Buffalo its 2nd round pick to drop from #8 to #15. Their guy would've been there and they would've picked up a 2nd rounder.

:thumbsdown:

They were going to make the trade but Ralph Wilson told Levy that he didn't have enough money to sign another 2nd rounder. :D

These types of threads pop up every year.

I think it was Portis26 who had a complete meltdown last year over Washington's draft. You got a ways to go to reach that level. Good luck. :thumbsdown:

These types of threads pop up every year.

I think it was Portis26 who had a complete meltdown last year over Washington's draft. You got a ways to go to reach that level. Good luck. :doublethumbsup:

Bleh, that's different. Washington was going to be competitive. They were making good moves and bad moves, but we all knew they would at least be competitive.

The Bills?

They've been a clusterfock for years. When they fired Tom Donahoe I thought THANK GOD. When they hired the old Bills legend to right the ship, I thought THANK GOD. Then Wilson and Levy have actually made Tom Donahoe LOOK GOOD. It's a travesty. These jackasses haven't a focking clue what they're doing. So after suffering for years of failed hopes, now it seems they're committed to Bengaldom for a decade.

Also, I'm not really going to become a Cards fan. It's frustration.

i wonder if they were counting on taking huff at this pick and when he wasn't there.....they panicked and took the next safety on their list. just a theory. sounds like they should have traded down. i wonder how much money they would have saved on the same player at 15 instead of 8? i'm sure they could afford another 2nd rounder. or trade for a pick next year or something. then again, there is no guarantee that he would have been there at 15.

Lemon juice into the wound.

While I think Whitner will become a quality starter, McCargo has bust written all over him.

the eagles took our draft

broderick bunkley and winston justice

i'm sure our two new waterboys will enjoy their 1st rd money

Lemon juice into the wound.

While I think Whitner will become a quality starter, McCargo has bust written all over him.

I don't think so. The guy is an academic all-american and he is driven. From an interview on the 25th:

AWS: Do you have some goals for when you put on that NFL jersey?

JM: The first season my goal is to just get out there and play, and help my team in whatever way I can. But hopefully I can get out there and take someone’s spot. I want to start and if I start I want to play in a Pro Bowl. I just want to have a great year and have many more to come.

http://johnmccargo.com/ssp/news?news_id=29

He was projected to be a first round pick by some "experts"

JM: The first season my goal is to just get out there and play, and help my team in whatever way I can. But hopefully I can get out there and take someone’s spot. I want to start and if I start I want to play in a Pro Bowl. I just want to have a great year and have many more to come.

Well this certainly proves that he can read the same cue card as the other 200+ draft picks.

:thumbsup:

:) :wacko:

Well this certainly proves that he can read the same cue card as the other 200+ draft picks.

:( :pointstosky:

Be optimistic! Nothing has been proven yet, and I think these players look good on paper.

Be optimistic! Nothing has been proven yet, and I think these players look good on paper.

yeah but Detroit's offense has looked good on paper for years.....

they have a lot of holes to fill and in the first day they go out and reach twice in the first round and have their last pick at 70th overall when they really have to hit something to come out with a passing grade

who'd have thunk they'd be longing for the days of Rob Johnson and Drew Bledsoe so quickly :banana:

:first:

I can't believe they could have stayed put in the 2nd and got Justice.

they could have stayed put and gotten McCargo if they really wanted him....

they could have even traded down twice and gotten both of these guys

:unsure:

#8 - Ngata or Bunkley

#42 - Justice

#70 - Yo Booty

#73 - Somebody else not named Whitler, Whitman's Sampler, Werther's Original

I don't think so. The guy is an academic all-american and he is driven. From an interview on the 25th:

AWS: Do you have some goals for when you put on that NFL jersey?

http://johnmccargo.com/ssp/news?news_id=29

He was projected to be a first round pick by some "experts"

he has his own website :first:

:P

:lol:

Maybe none of you Bills "fans" care about this right now, but I heard that the Bills took Whitner because they were afraid of Detroit picking him since Huff had been picked by Oakland.

Now, Millen said he had no plans to take Whitner (once Huff was gone), and preferred Ernie, but this is Millen we are talking about.

So, there was a reason Marv decided to pull the trigger on Whitner. Now I am not saying this was the right thing to do (I think they should have traded down to Denver, got their 2nd and then taken whoever was left out of Whitner & Brunkley), but I guess they were afraid of losing out who they had targetted

As an Eagles fan, I would like to thank the Bills.....their mistake allowed Bunkley to drop to 14 so that the Eagles didin't have to move up to get him and they used the picks they saved to move up for Justice in round two......

Nice work Bills.....

The Bills messed up, no matter how good these players turn out.

Half of the job of a GM/drafting team, is to pay attention to other team's needs and where guys are going to get drafted.

If you are smart, you can often still get the players you want at lower draft spots, while adding an extra pick or two.

Buffalo's draft was a classic example of not paying enough attention to where players were valued at around the league.

> The Bills reached for Whitner. Plain and simple. And if they had dropped down to #15 and somehow missed out on him (unlikely), we have enough holes on our team to warrant a pick of someone else. If he was the only player that Buffalo thought was worth having, then:

1. their scouts suck

2. they should have traded down

> By passing up their biggest need (DT) with the first pick, the Bills than panicked when the only ones worth starting began dwindling away. They had to trade up and reach again. Pathetic.

Plain and simple, if the Bills had done their homework, they should have picked Bunkley with #8.

Then, if they had him valued so high, they should have traded up and grabbed Whitner with their second first round pick.

At worst, like someone else said, they could have had Bunkley and Justice.

As a Bills fan, I want to

:pointstosky:

you lost all credibility when you welched on your bet, so this really means nothing :banana:

:doublethumbsup:

Sad.