Sign in to follow this  
TAS

Franchise

Looking for a business to start up and was wondering if anyone had some insight or suggestions for such a thing? Obviously would like it to be profitable, but mostly just to have something "the family" can work together for.

Looking for a business to start up and was wondering if anyone had some insight or suggestions for such a thing? Obviously would like it to be profitable, but mostly just to have something "the family" can work together for.

Incest counselor? :doh:

You want a franchise, or you want to start up your own business?

Either. Would prefer a franchise because of the turn-key effect, but open to suggestions. Ideas??

Gonna need some direction here... restaurant chain? Service industry (house cleaning/dry cleaning/landscaping/gutter cleaning)? Professional? Consumer goods?

You are a real class act with your stupid dancing banana! :thumbsdown:

:banana: thank you :banana: xman :banana: thank you :banana:

Either. Would prefer a franchise because of the turn-key effect, but open to suggestions. Ideas??

Depends where you live I suppose, but go to a bigger city and look where all the people are. Krispy Kreme, if they franchise is always a hit. Cold Stone opened up here a few years back and there is always people lined out the door in the summer. Q-doba is always packed where I live. I have always loved Noodles & Co. and wanted to open one up. Like I said, drive around and see where the people are lined out the door at.

How about the Kansas City Royals?

:lol: Seriously though, stay away from food service/restaurants unless you can get the liquor licence to go with it. About 70% of all restaurants with out liquor licences fail. Fast food is safer but who wants to run a McDonalds?

:thumbsdown: thank you :banana: xman :banana: thank you :banana:

FFtoday doesn't have an "ignore" option like yahoo but I think I'll just do it myself! Have fun banana boy! :banana:

:banana: Seriously though, stay away from food service/restaurants unless you can get the liquor licence to go with it. About 70% of all restaurants with out liquor licences fail. Fast food is safer but who wants to run a McDonalds?

FFtoday doesn't have an "ignore" option like yahoo but I think I'll just do it myself! Have fun banana boy!

:thumbsdown: keep :banana: it :banana: real :banana:

don't drink the kool-aid

Gonna need some direction here... restaurant chain? Service industry (house cleaning/dry cleaning/landscaping/gutter cleaning)? Professional? Consumer goods?

Start up costs would be the 1st factor, after that the type of work wouldn't really matter. Although restaurant chain has the least appeal to me. I live in Hawaii, just fishing for ideas, maybe someone on the board has had success trying something.....

Video rental store!

Just kidding.

You know what makes an assload of money, apparently? Disaster clean-up teams. By "disaster" I mean anything from Katrina to motel rooms where people had babies in the tub. Ever wonder what people do when they pluck kids or pets from houses are just unbelievably nasty? They call in one of these specialty cleaning teams. And they make a FORTUNE. Why not? Who else would want to do that nasty sh!t?

Another good idea is the "My Lackey" franchise, which is probably only useful in big urban areas with rich people. The customer basically pays $35 an hour or so, and for that the person does whatever it is they need--go get lunch, pick up the kids, feed the dogs, buy diapers, whatever.

Video rental store!

Just kidding.

You know what makes an assload of money, apparently? Disaster clean-up teams. By "disaster" I mean anything from Katrina to motel rooms where people had babies in the tub. Ever wonder what people do when they pluck kids or pets from houses are just unbelievably nasty? They call in one of these specialty cleaning teams. And they make a FORTUNE. Why not? Who else would want to do that nasty sh!t?

Another good idea is the "My Lackey" franchise, which is probably only useful in big urban areas with rich people. The customer basically pays $35 an hour or so, and for that the person does whatever it is they need--go get lunch, pick up the kids, feed the dogs, buy diapers, whatever.

Kinda like a gopher...not a bad idea. I suppose just the advertising/gas costs would be the overhead. I would probably have to get a few trucks or vans depending on the volume of work. Low nut to crack every mont too. Perhaps......

Baskin Robbins seems like a gold mine from what friends have told me..

What do you like to do?

Besides the obvious, babes and booze, sports has always been something I would like to be more involved in. Not sure how sports card shops do financiallly, would have to research.

They have opened like 4-5 Cold Stones down here already. I had a childhood friend of mine whose parents owned one and they seemed to do prety well! Something to consider though.

My favorite is the parakeet peach flavor...mmmmmmmmmmm

My favorite is the parakeet peach flavor...mmmmmmmmmmm

Mine is sucramento blues. :(

Besides the obvious, babes and booze, sports has always been something I would like to be more involved in.

Hooters.

:(

What do I win?

Phoenix Suns fan suicide counselor. :lol:

Together with one for Sucramento, he has 2 clients already! :(

Besides the obvious, babes and booze, sports has always been something I would like to be more involved in. Not sure how sports card shops do financiallly, would have to research.

They have opened like 4-5 Cold Stones down here already. I had a childhood friend of mine whose parents owned one and they seemed to do prety well! Something to consider though.

Skip the card store thing. NFW.

Ask Baskins Robbins for some info on the financial performance on an average location.

Together with one for Sucramento, he has 2 clients already! :banana:

:thumbsdown: you wish, foghorn leghorn..

Skip the card store thing. NFW.

Ask Baskins Robbins for some info on the financial performance on an average location.

I'll check into that.

Together with one for Sucramento, he has 2 clients already! :thumbsdown:

After Wade and Payton beat the snot out of each other, maybe 3...

ADULT VIDEO STORE!!!!!

:thumbsdown:

Nice one. But try opening an Adult Book Store without mob connections. If you can actually get the place open it will be burned down in no time.

After Wade and Payton beat the snot out of each other, maybe 3...

:thumbsdown:

I don't suppose a coffee/tea house would sell in HI? Sell it iced as well, stick a little ice cream section in it and it may work? :thumbsdown:

Another good one seems to be Hallmark. I have a cousin down in S. Cali that has a shop, and she does well.

You'll need employees... how's the illegal immigrant population there?

Don'tdishitoutwords

Don't di sh1t out words? :thumbsdown:

:banana:

I don't suppose a coffee/tea house would sell in HI? Sell it iced as well, stick a little ice cream section in it and it may work? :thumbsdown:

Another good one seems to be Hallmark. I have a cousin down in S. Cali that has a shop, and she does well.

There is a friggin' Starbucks at every corner, as well as its sister store Jamba juice. Maybe they could always use one more????? I like the ice cream addition though, not a bad idea.

Kinda like a gopher...not a bad idea. I suppose just the advertising/gas costs would be the overhead. I would probably have to get a few trucks or vans depending on the volume of work. Low nut to crack every mont too. Perhaps......

Are you nuts? Does Dominoes have their own fleet of trucks?

Heck no. Buy a bunch of those light-up things you can attach to a car door, require your employees to have wheels and insurance, and you're on your way.

There is a friggin' Starbucks at every corner, as well as its sister store Jamba juice. Maybe they could always use one more????? I like the ice cream addition though, not a bad idea.

I think if you are competing with real franchises, you should go with a franchise. I've seen so many ma and pa set ups here go belly up because some big name around the corner is reeling in the customers who they know from the name is 'good.'

How about a 'Play It Again Sports' franchise?

Used [and some new] sports gear.

They are/were cheap to get into and the ones I saw/financed did OK, nothing great but OK.

BTW, as far as Baskin Robbins goes.... the money is made in the cakes, not in the ice cream sales.