Sign in to follow this  
HTH

My dog just ate his own poop.

yay for recycling!

It's true. I thought he had a dead bird. Then I thought it was a rotting stick. When I realized it was poop I said NO! He then proceeded to bite down on it followed by a swallow.

:o

Crazy dog.

:thumbsup: :mad:

Do you ever let him lick your face?

Yeah. Not anymore! No wonder his breathe smelled.

:doh:

One of my cats puked yesterday. While I was getting a paper towel to clean it up, the other one started eating it. :rolleyes:

You may have just found the idea to end world hunger!

I'm buying mucho stock in breath freshener products

Do you ever let him lick your face?

I can never understand how people can let dogs lick their faces, when they have been licking everywhere else on their bodies their entire life.

Disgusting.

I can never understand how people can let dogs lick their faces, when they have been licking everywhere else on their bodies their entire life.

Disgusting.

And drinking out of the toilet. Remember all those nasty booze and chicken wings sh|ts you've had in that toilet? The dog was drinking the water later.

And drinking out of the toilet. Remember all those nasty booze and chicken wings sh|ts you've had in that toilet? The dog was drinking the water later.

The toilet is one of the most germ-free places in the home.

Assuming it's cleaned regularly? And while they may be less contaminated than your average keyboard, there ain't no way I'm drinking out of the toilet. Or eating off my keyboard.

Assuming it's cleaned regularly? And while they may be less contaminated than your average keyboard, there ain't no way I'm drinking out of the toilet. Or eating off my keyboard.

It doesn't take much cleaning.

It's the cold that does it. Walls, kitchen counters, and any number of other places are much more hospitable places for germs.

You poop germs into a toilet, nearly all of them get flushed. The ones that stay behind don't survive long.

Molly thinks Charlie is actually a food factory. Everytime he takes a dump, she is sitting there waiting to gobble it up.

It doesn't take much cleaning.

It's the cold that does it. Walls, kitchen counters, and any number of other places are much more hospitable places for germs.

You poop germs into a toilet, nearly all of them get flushed. The ones that stay behind don't survive long.

Then why do toilet handles and kitchen counters harbor tons of germs. It's not the cold so much as a moist environment. Sorry, you can't convince me it's okay to drink outa the toilet, or that it's okay for a dog to lick my face after drinking out of one.

Then why do toilet handles and kitchen counters harbor tons of germs.

Toilet handles, no. Smooth, nonporous, cold.

Kitchen counters are a much better place for germs. No real conductive cooling from the water pipes going on there.

My dog does the same thing. He once belched in my face after a "meal" and I swear I almost passed out from the smell.

Here's a solution, though: sprinkle Accent on his dog food. It's a seasoning that comes in a red and white package. According to his vet, the Accent gives his sh!t an unpleasant taste (as if sh!t doesn't already have an unpleasant taste; go figure). Give it a try, though. That should slow his appetite for the boo-boo.

Toilet handles, no. Smooth, nonporous, cold.

Better re-read about where germs can be

Men's rooms, too. "Usually the dirtiest handles in public restrooms are urinal flush handles," he said. rink

Here's a solution, though: sprinkle Accent on his dog food. It's a seasoning that comes in a red and white package. According to his vet, the Accent gives his sh!t an unpleasant taste (as if sh!t doesn't already have an unpleasant taste; go figure). Give it a try, though. That should slow his appetite for the boo-boo.

Why wouldn't this make his food unpleasant :thumbsup:

Better re-read about where germs can be

I thought we were talking about toilet flush handles.

I thought we were talking about toilet flush handles.

We were. You said they are smooth, non-porous and cold so they harbor no germs. Quite the opposite.

We were. You said they are smooth, non-porous and cold so they harbor no germs. Quite the opposite.

Link to where I said they 'harbor no germs'.

When talking about toilet flush handles, I said they are smooth and non-porous.

A 747 is also smooth and non-porous. I didn't mean to make a blanket statement about all smooth, non-porous objects. We were discussing toilet flush handles.

Urinal flush handles are different because:

Urinals are normally only located in places where many people use them, e.g. restaurants, bars, etc. Few people have a urinal in the home.

As such, urinals get used with extreme frequency with little time in between flushes.

Recall my original statement:

Disgusting.

It's been said that dogs have less germs in their mouths than humans do.

Link to where I said they 'harbor no germs'.

When talking about toilet flush handles, I said they are smooth and non-porous.

A 747 is also smooth and non-porous. I didn't mean to make a blanket statement about all smooth, non-porous objects. We were discussing toilet flush handles.

People also don't wipe their ass and then touch a 747. Smooth non-porous and cold surfaces can harbor germs just like anywhere else. Maybe not as much, but still germs enough to make you sick sometimes.

People also don't wipe their ass and then touch a 747.

Thank you for that little nugget of wisdom, but you're only giving edjr ideas. :banana:

Thank you for that little nugget of wisdom, but you're only giving edjr ideas. :banana:

*shudder*

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=1213870

If you want to give your pooch a kiss, it may be safer than kissing another human.

Becker says many of the bacteria in the mouth of a dog are species specific, so it won't harm its owner.

"So a staph or a strep for a human is not transmissible to a dog, if you were to kiss it, and vice versa," said Becker.

Bottom line — you're more likely to get a serious illness from kissing a person than kissing a dog.

From a vet who didn't really do any study, more like his schooled opinion. I'd like someone to do a study right after the dogs eat their own poop, and see how clean it is then.

But since dogs do transmit some germs, Becker has some advice: "Keep the vaccines current. Good external parasite control, good internal parasite control. You're going to be good to go."

I wonder how many people actually keep up with that?

From a vet who didn't really do any study, more like his schooled opinion. I'd like someone to do a study right after the dogs eat their own poop, and see how clean it is then.

I wonder how many people actually keep up with that?

We get a note from the vet whenever one of our animules is due for a shot. <_<

The flea and tick stuff we skimp on a little, just using it seasonally.

We get a note from the vet whenever one of our animules is due for a shot. :cry:

The flea and tick stuff we skimp on a little, just using it seasonally.

My dog is up to date on everything, every year. :thumbsdown:

It's called Coprophalgia and lots of dogs do it. There's a lot of possible reasons,

• A female dog may eat her puppy's feces to help conceal their presence, hiding them from predators and other threats.
    A puppy imitating his mother may pick up the habit.
    The dog may be trying to get the owner's attention.
    She may be imitating the owner after observing them pick up feces.
    She may be suffering from stress and/or anxiety.
    Recent changes in her daily routines that effect her diet.
    She may be suffering from a B-Vitamin deficiency.
    She may be suffering from disorders of the pancreas or intestine.

My vet thinks it's most likely a vitamin deficiency, or that the dog is just really gross.

This stuff, Deter Coprophalgia Treatment works great. It's inexpensive, my dog ate it like it was a treat, and apparently it makes their shiot taste worse than shiot!

My dog has never done this nor would I allow him to! :lol:

My dog has never done this nor would I allow him to! :(

He just eats human poop, then? :lol:

And to the haters that said he wouldn't eat his poopy

He's laughing in yo face haha dats funny

:ninja:

He's got da recipe brah

Now he's back in da kitchen!

;)

He threw that thing back like it was an oyster.

I weep for my dog.

It's hard to look at him the same way now.

:(

That's not an an oyster dummy!!!

A doggy poop oyster?

Now he just ate his reflective name tag. Prolly cause he want's to be able to find his dog poop in the dark so he can eat it.

:unsure:

And to the haters that said he wouldn't eat his poopy

He's laughing in yo face haha dats funny

:ninja:

He's got da recipe brah

Now he's back in da kitchen!

;)

He threw that thing back like it was an oyster.

I weep for my dog.

It's hard to look at him the same way now.

:(

That's not an an oyster dummy!!!

A doggy poop oyster?

Now he just ate his reflective name tag. Prolly cause he want's to be able to find his dog poop in the dark so he can eat it.

Drink much?

Sounds like your dog has some real issues (see above). Get him to the vet pronto.

Drink much?

Sounds like your dog has some real issues (see above). Get him to the vet pronto.

The dog or me?

He makes me want to drink.

alsocheckoutwww.terrellowens.com