Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Cops gets his due....

I doubt that the a-holes posting in this thread really mean what they are saying about cops. At least I hope they don't.

Some thoughts

- Most cops are not bad people.

- Most cops were not nerds picked on in HS. I know about 20 guys on the job and I think all of them played sports

- Cops (where I am at least) make a very good living. Most are making $90k+, with very good pensions, and can retire after putting in 20 years.

- This would have clearly justified the use of lethal force by the officer

- Anyone who would hit a law enforcement officer would not hesitate to hit his wife, his mother, his kids, or any random person down the street. Those people have no redeeming value to society.

For those who really think that cops are scum, I would suggest that you get some professional help because you are messed up.

Oh, and 40

People don't don't like cops typically are either people who are usually getting in trouble for doing illegal stuff. Or they are still holding a grudge for them breaking up the kickass party back in high school and the cop wasn't very nice to them when they told them to get out of the woods and go home.

Those mean old cops!!

I doubt that the a-holes posting in this thread really mean what they are saying about cops. At least I hope they don't.

Some thoughts

- Most cops are not bad people.

- Most cops were not nerds picked on in HS. I know about 20 guys on the job and I think all of them played sports

- Cops (where I am at least) make a very good living. Most are making $90k+, with very good pensions, and can retire after putting in 20 years.

- This would have clearly justified the use of lethal force by the officer

- Anyone who would hit a law enforcement officer would not hesitate to hit his wife, his mother, his kids, or any random person down the street. Those people have no redeeming value to society.

For those who really think that cops are scum, I would suggest that you get some professional help because you are messed up.

Oh, and 40

In my opinion, well stated. :unsure: Every profession has bad and good people. As far as the pay, I make about 40K/year. I am not complaining about it. Those officers you are talking about live and work in a different economic environment and a different work environment. I probably would not touch their job with a 10 foot pole because it takes a different way of life than what I want. They deal with more felony arrests in one week than I do in a whole year. RLLD is a tool for putting a :ninja: along with that video. Nothing new in my book. ;)

In my opinion, well stated. :thumbsup: Every profession has bad and good people. As far as the pay, I make about 40K/year. I am not complaining about it. Those officers you are talking about live and work in a different economic environment and a different work environment. I probably would not touch their job with a 10 foot pole because it takes a different way of life than what I want. They deal with more felony arrests in one week than I do in a whole year.

Nope. This is Massachusetts - the only state in the US that requires police officers for traffic details for all road work (phone, electrical, construction, etc.). Those guys make $50+/hour for those details in addition to their regular salaries for jobs that flag men making minimum wage do everywhere else.

These guys work in towns that have 10-20k people and the biggest problems they have are misdemeanors. I have another friend in Seattle (King County) who has a completely different situation in that he deals with felonies that involve automatic weapons and the like. That is not what I am talking about with the locals.

Where did you get this goofy sh!t from? Most cops were picked on nerds in high school? :thumbsup: I'd say maybe 5-10%. The rest of us were captains on the football/wrestling team. Most of us are jocks with no sports left to play. Oh sure there's a handful that are barney fief types and a handful of the other extream el mucho blobo... but the majority of us are the athletic type. Maybe 20 years ago it was different. If you think it's different now... go try to become a cop and look at your competition. Most would fock you up I'd bet.

First off, I never meant it to be disrespectful. And maybe it's because I'm from a small town. 20 years ago was when the cops were cool in my town. Everyone respected them. Now, it's a bunch of focking dweebs that were complete dorks back in high school.

And again, not to be disrespectful, but I'm betting the cop academy (or whatever it is) is a focking joke compared to pulling 9 years in the military in every armpit this world has to offer.

First off, I never meant it to be disrespectful. And maybe it's because I'm from a small town. 20 years ago was when the cops were cool in my town. Everyone respected them. Now, it's a bunch of focking dweebs that were complete dorks back in high school.

And again, not to be disrespectful, but I'm betting the cop academy (or whatever it is) is a focking joke compared to pulling 9 years in the military in every armpit this world has to offer.

So your blanket statement that most cops were dorks who were picked on in highschool is supported by the handful of the cops you observe in your little town? :unsure: Maybe somewhat of an over generalization? :banana:

The police academy was a joke.. I'm not saying it wasn't. That has nothing to do with the caliber of people in law enforcement. I went through boot in Ft. Benning, sand hill and I'd say that was about 1000x harder.

We were talking about what kind of people cops are. There are A LOT of vets in law enforcement. Though, no disrespect to you, being a vet doesn't mean your hard either. I know personal aquaintences who were in the gulf who are the dorks you speak of.

That being said, there's a high percentage of cops who are now in law enforcement who are ex-jocks, ex-army, ex-marines... the dorkstore you claim it to be doesn't exist, except in maybe tiny little towns where there is no competition for a job. But then if you look at the employees in all the services in a situation like that you'll see the best of whoever applied as well.

The police academy was a joke.. I'm not saying it wasn't.

Well, of course it is. Steve Gutenburg proved that.

would just like to say that i like cops. almost every cop i have ever ran into has been very cool, almost too cool, and have let me get away with a few things.

honestly, i yhave learned if you are absolutely respectful, calm, and polite to a cop, they treat you the same back.

i cant stand wannabe hardasses who say they hate cops. we'll see how much you really hate them when the time comes where you really need them

Where did you get this goofy sh!t from? Most cops were picked on nerds in high school? :shocking: I'd say maybe 5-10%. The rest of us were captains on the football/wrestling team. Most of us are jocks with no sports left to play. Oh sure there's a handful that are barney fief types and a handful of the other extream el mucho blobo... but the majority of us are the athletic type. Maybe 20 years ago it was different. If you think it's different now... go try to become a cop and look at your competition. Most would fock you up I'd bet.

Lots of adrenaline junkies and ex-military types getting into the force over the last 20 years.

Post of the day.... remind me if we ever meet at a geek meeting I owe you a :first: .

We'll punch him in the mouth together! :shocking:

Hey, we need the brutes, they intimidate, and they do it well. Nevertheless, the football/wrestling guys were all a bunch of morons at my school, so it doesn't surprise me that so many people hate cops. To be fair, one of my friends is a good guy and he just got his first job on the force. I don't think he will be causing any problems. I think it would fun be work as a cop for a while, but I'm fairly sure I would be sick and tired of all the crap after a few years. So, I salute the individuals that can put up with all the crap society throws on them, I sure as hell wouldn't want to put up with it. :shocking: