Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

Europe, Russia and China will either help out or just stand aside

Thank you for pointing out what a dumbass idea it is to think about attacking Iran.

I'm not saying I agree with that course of action, just that it seems more and more likely based on what is currently happening.

Pakistan isn't hunting down shiite. Moush won't go into Waziristan, for fear of upsetting the warlords there. And they certainly won't let the US in.
In its annual report on worldwide terrorism, the department singled out Iran as the most active state sponsor of terrorism, saying that its Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Ministry of Intelligence and Security directly have been involved in the planning and support of terrorist acts.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/.../ap2707043.html

GHAZNI, AFGHANISTAN - A self-described chef for Osama bin Laden, who has been captured by tribesmen here, says that his boss - after leaving Afghanistan for Pakistan - has since traveled into Iran.

In three separate interviews here in Ghazni, Haji Mohamad Akram, a waif of a man suffering from the results of regular torture sessions by his captors, provided detailed accounts of the battle at Tora Bora, of Mr. bin Laden's movements in November and December last year - and of his favorite dishes.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0206/p01s02-wosc.html

CBS/AP) U.S., European and Arab intelligence agencies believe an elite security force controlled by Iran's hard-line clerics is protecting key al Qaeda figures who are directing operations from inside Iran, a newspaper reports.

And a son of Osama bin Laden is believed to be a leader of that al Qaeda Iranian branch, says The Washington Post.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/14/...ain577914.shtml

So what are we going to do? We are going to have to give them SOMETHING to get them to stop what they are doing. That is appeasement. You are failing to see that this whole thing is blackmail.

Freer trade, assistance with energy programs (coupled with on-site verifiability), and constant engagement. The alternative is what we have now--a disengaged diplomatic policy that leaves Iran's leaders free to mouth off without private consequence.

patience, my friend. when it comes, it will be amazing!

Is that the same line that you used to get edjr to come home with you?

Hmmm. Seems that the United States government did it in less than 5 years with absolutely no computers or previous experience.

Exactly why Europe is so worried. Israel will be the first to get it, then a country in eastern Europe.....

What do you do about the oil crisis?

Talk nice with the middle east and hope for the best while drilling for oil in every single wilderness.

Talk nice with the middle east and hope for the best while drilling for oil in every single wilderness.

;) sign me up

This wasn't about Iran being a state sponsor of terrorism; it was about your claim that Bin Laden and the core al-Qaeda leaders went to Iran. You've offered no indication whatsoever to substantiate that. Oh wait, his CHEF went to Iran. Surely when you plan a move to another country to hide in, you send an advance chef to scout out the good restaurants.

As for "intelligence": fool me twice, shame on me. Reports of "intel" no longer have much credibility.

Freer trade, assistance with energy programs (coupled with on-site verifiability), and constant engagement. The alternative is what we have now--a disengaged diplomatic policy that leaves Iran's leaders free to mouth off without private consequence.

Sure does sound like appeasement to me. How bout throwing in part of France and Belgium.

Is that the same line that you used to get edjr to come home with you?

i'm hot. i don't need no stinkin' lines! ;)

What do you do about the oil crisis?

You call in all of your favors with the Saudis, help them take over OPEC, and come with such over whelming force (going with too few troops was a major mistake Bush made in Iraq and we are STILL paying for it) that the conflict is over within a year. With all of the armies of Europe behind us, it could be done....

Again, I'm not saying I'm 100% on board with this kind of policy but it sure looks like it is going to go down this way.....

Huh, so I guess we won't be hearing any of that "Osama has been neutralized and is huddling in a cave somewhere..." stupidity anymore. :thumbsup:

when did I ever say that? I said he's not in Afghanistan since the argument was that we didn't have enough troops there. and if he was, he's hiding in a cave some where, go look it up

I also said that Al Qaeda wasn't as effective. Maybe that's what you are confusing.

How bout throwing in part of France and Belgium.

i like French wines and Belgian beers, and the Islamofascists don't like alcohol, soooo.... No.

they go on and on, there is plenty of evidence out there that Iran IS now working with Al Qaeda. They think they can whip us.

I have no doubt that elements within Iran are associating with al-Qaeda. But we've already seen the failure of going after states instead of terrorists. Let's not make that same mistake again.

they go on and on, there is plenty of evidence out there that Iran IS now working with Al Qaeda. They think they can whip us.

:thumbsup: dumbasses. we'll show 'em!

Just like there was plenty of evidence that Iraq had WMD's?

You call in all of your favors with the Saudis, help them take over OPEC, and come with such over whelming force (going with too few troops was a major mistake Bush made in Iraq and we are STILL paying for it) that the conflict is over within a year. With all of the armies of Europe behind us, it could be done....

Again, I'm not saying I'm 100% on board with this kind of policy but it sure looks like it is going to go down this way.....

:thumbsup: the key is making this a MULTIlateral affair. And no, Poland and Bulgaria alone are not enough. Although Polack chicks are focking smoking hot.

Just like there was plenty of evidence that Iraq had WMD's?

Yeah, but we, like, can't show it to you right now. It's classified.

Am I the only one who finds the biblical implications of all this to be kind of unsettling?

definitely not. i'm very unsettled.

I have no doubt that elements within Iran are associating with al-Qaeda. But we've already seen the failure of going after states instead of terrorists. Let's not make that same mistake again.

What about a terrorist state? We haven't done that one before.

I think you may be slightly under estimating the advantage of already having a lot of resources in the area. Economies of Scale. True we need some troop assistance, but I think more countries will be on board for this. It seems the Iranians are making it easy for us either that or they are being smart about knowing the French, Germans, and other EU countries outside of UK are a bunch of punks.

I'm out, i have to get some work done.

You don't think discussing a nuclear strike on Iran is a totally out-there idea?

Nuclear strikes? Yes, that seems a bit extreme.

I'm with you - diplomacy first. If that fails, then force. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I think it will. What other choice will we have? Sit back and watch Isreal get anhilated?

What about a terrorist state? We haven't done that one before.

I think you may be slightly under estimating the advantage of already having a lot of resources in the area. Economies of Scale. True we need some troop assistance, but I think more countries will be on board for this. It seems the Iranians are making it easy for us either that or they are being smart about knowing the French, Germans, and other EU countries outside of UK are a bunch of punks.

I'm out, i have to get some work done.

dude, don't leave! you were generating some serious pwnage there.

when did I ever say that? I said he's not in Afghanistan since the argument was that we didn't have enough troops there. and if he was, he's hiding in a cave some where, go look it up

I'll pass thanks.

dude, don't leave! you were generating some serious pwnage there.

yes, I had to backtrack mightily when I found out bin Laden's chef had moved to Tehran.

Yeah, but we, like, can't show it to you right now. It's classified.

:banana: :thumbsup:

Am I the only one who finds the biblical implications of all this to be kind of unsettling?

Bible, Smible.....Christains and Muslims have been fighting it out for 1000s of years....none of the conflicts were ever truely about religion though. Religion is just a ploy used by the leaders to give average men, with nothing to really gain, a reason to kill and die for them. Back during the crusades, the countries of Europe were trying to expand their empires, now the US and Europe are trying to take over the last major source of natural resourses not yet under their control......God has NOTHING to do with it!

I have a solution.

Fock em all. Pull out of every country other than the Americas. No more aid. No more anything. Isreal - you are on your own. Taiwan - see ya. Fully pull out of it all.

Now, take that money and do two things with it - arms and spy satellites. If France gets bombed, so what. Just let the guys know that they can have anything they want. The US will not do a thing about it. Just don't think they can come over here and start anything.

he's hiding in a cave some where

He's as free as you and I.

I have a solution.

Fock em all. Pull out of every country other than the Americas. No more aid. No more anything. Isreal - you are on your own. Taiwan - see ya. Fully pull out of it all.

Now, take that money and do two things with it - arms and spy satellites. If France gets bombed, so what. Just let the guys know that they can have anything they want. The US will not do a thing about it. Just don't think they can come over here and start anything.

That sort of isolationist thinking has backfired many times. We need other countries for supplies and trade.

I have a solution.

:banana:

I have a solution.

It's not quite that simple. Look at our trade deficit. We have allowed foreign nations to buy our gov't bonds, invest in our economy, purchase huge chunks of real estate here in the US. Not to mention that we have borrowed TRILLIONS of dollars from the likes of China and the Saudis. We are all inter connected now, regardless if we like it our not. Doing what you suggest would DESTROY THE AMERICAN ECONOMY.