Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Gamer recommendations

Anybody have recommendations for decent offline/single player PC games

that have come out in the last couple years?

have played:

most EA sports games(madden, nba, tiger woods...)

GTA san andreas/Vice

NFS most wanted

galactic civilizations II

call of duty/CoD 2

fifa 06

rise of nations

age of empires II

and a few others. how about racing or flight combat games?

Anybody have recommendations for decent offline/single player PC games

that have come out in the last couple years?

have played:

most EA sports games(madden, nba, tiger woods...)

GTA san andreas/Vice

NFS most wanted

galactic civilizations II

call of duty/CoD 2

fifa 06

rise of nations

age of empires II

and a few others. how about racing or flight combat games?

Just started playing Oblivion. It is getting rave reviews

I'd like to buy a good empire buidling type game. Sounds like you've played a bunch of them. Any recomendations?

Have you ever played the Civilization series? My friend loves them. He just got Civ III and says it's amazing.

I've never really been into RTS games, I like dungeon crawlers more. Still have to pick up Neverwinter Nights...

Have you ever played the Civilization series? My friend loves them. He just got Civ III and says it's amazing.

I've never really been into RTS games, I like dungeon crawlers more. Still have to pick up Neverwinter Nights...

I've heard of Civilization, but haven't played it. I think I'll keep an eye out for a used version.

RTS = real time simulation?

Somebody recomended God of War to me once and so I bought it.... ugh. I hate games where you just walk around and butcher stuff ALL THE TIME. No thinking. Just push the fight button over and over.

I've heard of Civilization, but haven't played it. I think I'll keep an eye out for a used version.

RTS = real time simulation?

Somebody recomended God of War to me once and so I bought it.... ugh. I hate games where you just walk around and butcher stuff ALL THE TIME. No thinking. Just push the fight button over and over.

Real Time Strategy

also, I may have been the one who recommended God of War. Sorry If you didn't like it, but I (and most) thought it was a GREAT game. There WAS some puzzle solving (Tomb Raider style).

If you like the RTS games, any of the Civilization games, any of the Age of... games (empires, mythology, etc).

I recommend you turn off the PS2 and get some fresh air, Poindexter.

Far Cry :thumbsdown: :cry: :thumbsup:

This is a First Person Shooter (i.e. like Doom)

and it's the best first person shooter I've ever played.

Yeah. Maybe go to a bar and read a book.

Your fondness for air is well documented, MDC.

There's no need to belabor the point.

I may have been the one who recommended God of War. Sorry If you didn't like it, but I (and most) thought it was a GREAT game. There WAS some puzzle solving (Tomb Raider style).

I didn't get far enough to solve any puzzles. I gotta admit though, the graphics were pretty damn impressive.

All of the "wizardry" series..Best RPG's I have ever played..

Playing Dragon Quest 8 on the ps2 right now..Pretty cool :bandana:

has anyone played F.E.A.R. yet?

a guy I work with was just talking about this game today. He's gonna' let me borrow it.

He said it's a horror style 1st person shooter and it scared the shiat outta' him while he was playing.

a guy I work with was just talking about this game today. He's gonna' let me borrow it.

He said it's a horror style 1st person shooter and it scared the shiat outta' him while he was playing.

When you die in the game, you die in real life.

He was OK in The Notebook, and that movie about old men going into space.

You did ask for James Garner recommendations, right?

the most lended game ever :pointstosky:

3 great PC games already mentioned in the thread...

FEAR - One of the best first person shooters available. The graphics and storyline are excellent and the gameplay is superb. I got bored at a certain point, but then I find all single player FPS boring after awhile. It depends on what you like to play.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - I just got this RPG a couple weeks ago and haven't stopped playing it since. I won't stop with Oblivion for a long time to come due to the tremendous replay possibilities and all the mods that are already available for it. Highly recommended.

Civilization IV - Brilliant update for the series. I like this much better than the Age of Empires/Myth/etc RTS games because it's turn-based. With the Age of games, you're always rushed to the point where you can't really enjoy 'building' your civ (unless you crank the difficulty down and then it gets boring). With Civ, the challenge is always present and you can play at your own pace. Very complicated and the learning curve can be high to those that aren't familiar with the series, but there aren't many games better than this one on the market.

gamespot

not surprised that many of the endorsed games are on the top list.

I've never been much a fan of the Civilization series turn-based games, they

do ok for a while but I get tired of them quickly. galactic civilizations II is the

same way. I eventually took over the galaxy I set up and figured it's just gonna

be the same old thing on different scales. neat game but longterm-> :pointstosky:

Far Cry

This is a First Person Shooter (i.e. like Doom)

and it's the best first person shooter I've ever played.

:pointstosky: <_<

I went out and bought a new (killer) graphics card for this game - and it was worth it (and you NEED a good card).

:wub: :pointstosky:

I played F.E.A.R., it rocked. I dont like FPS as a rule so I dont play many of them, but it was very good. Its not "scary", but they do a great job of setting the horrorish/creepy mood throughout the game and story.

I am wokring through Oblivion right now and its awesome. ALso Civ 4 rules and Star Wars Empire at Wat and LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 1 & 2 are good RTS games.