Sign in to follow this  
T-Bird1

Cheatsheet Compiler 2006

2 quick questions....

1 - can you tell us when it will be out

2 - any appetizers as to any new features to look out for :thumbsdown:

2 quick questions....

1 - can you tell us when it will be out

2 - any appetizers as to any new features to look out for ;)

i too am interested

I will be purchasing this handy tool for the 3rd consecutive year. It is my favorite organizational resource, and will help me greatly to cut down on paper at the WCOFF. I love the features, customization and ease of use that this product offers - for the small fee it's a steal.

Whether people want to use FFT's rankings or not, it's a terrific product for the depth charts, tiers and updatable player rankings alone.

I don't want to have anything more than a clipboard when I'm drafting in Vegas, and on that clipboard I want no more than 4 pages. I intend on updating the compiler the night before the draft, going to Kinkos to print it out and enjoying a nice, relaxing, stress free experience.

Now that I've used it for the last 2 years, I couldn't imagine drafting without it. It's that good. Thanks Mike, and please be sure to let us know what's new in the 2006 compiler. I'm totally looking forward to it.

:cry:

Sorry T-Bird. You started this post on the 2nd. I've got to condition myself to come back in here more and see what is going on (if anything).

The plan is that the Compiler and Draft Buddy will be ready when the first cut of the projections are ready, which is about one month away.

I do have a list of new features I'd like to add but I don't want to make any promises until I've fully implemented and tested them to make sure they work out the way I expect them to.

There are a lot of small things that fall in the "nifty and cool" category (I think so anyway). The major thing is a lot of backend stuff that will hopefully make the Compiler and Buddy run faster, but I get the feeling that isn't going to excite you guys too much.

We're getting close to the point of no return to be able to consider and add new features for '06. What would you guys like to see added or changed? (Again, no promises ;) )

And this goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway... thanks to all 3 of you for your continued support :doublethumbsup:

Scott - you'd better win WCOFF and I want a big testimonial after the fact. No pressure B)

Thanks Mike, quite understand that you prefer not to spill the beans in case stuff doesn't happen.... under promise and over deliver etc. !!

Will be buying again regardless, just wanted some tips on stuff to look out for !!!

Mike

I used the system last year for the first time. The Compiler allowed me to be more relaxed by not shuffling paper and manually crossing out players as the draft progressed. I was one step ahead of the managers in my division by drafting quality players with the easy to use charts.

I'm not sure if the draft had anything to do with my 11-2 record and second place Super Bowl finish (the other guy was 12-1) but I felt the compiler was trick. I won the division by three games. We are changing our format to an auction this year so I will put blind faith in the system to guide me though to a division win.

Looking forward to the new 2006 compiler.

Rolling Thunder

Wanted to take a minute to chime in how how well your compiler works. Although my year end results weren't what I desired, I was amazed at not only how it helped me during the draft (particularly if you're using a laptop and doing the draft buddy along with it) but also how I felt I was step ahead of the other managers because I could see what their needs were and was even making predictions about their next pick (which I was right on about 70% of the time). Keep up the excellent work guys.

I will be buying again this year....although I have finished 5th the past 2 seasons...I have been #1 in overall scoring and won my fair share of money weeks and more than doubling my investment....

I would like to see the compilier/buddy make recommendations based on team needs, not just my team but all teams....that way I can block players easier from others...Also cant remember if this was in last years or not but a continuos draft recap of positions taken as the draft progresses....does that make sense...also easier method of importing projections as I have yet to been able to do it...LOL...

I will purchase no matter what.....so I am ready

also easier method of importing projections as I have yet to been able to do it...LOL...

I will purchase no matter what.....so I am ready

Agreed, importing projections is a pain. If this could be made easier that would be great. Maybe some built-in functions to automatically import.

Sorry T-Bird. You started this post on the 2nd. I've got to condition myself to come back in here more and see what is going on (if anything).

The plan is that the Compiler and Draft Buddy will be ready when the first cut of the projections are ready, which is about one month away.

I do have a list of new features I'd like to add but I don't want to make any promises until I've fully implemented and tested them to make sure they work out the way I expect them to.

There are a lot of small things that fall in the "nifty and cool" category (I think so anyway). The major thing is a lot of backend stuff that will hopefully make the Compiler and Buddy run faster, but I get the feeling that isn't going to excite you guys too much.

We're getting close to the point of no return to be able to consider and add new features for '06. What would you guys like to see added or changed? (Again, no promises :lol: )

And this goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway... thanks to all 3 of you for your continued support :(

Scott - you'd better win WCOFF and I want a big testimonial after the fact. No pressure :lol:

Mike... I Did the compiler for 3 leagues last year and won 2 of them. One was my 12 team 2 man keeper league and the other was a "gamedayritual" league in ithe sites inauguaral season (which btw is AWESOME)... Just curious if the compiler crew is looking into how GDR runs their leagues and is making adjustments??? Some of the small things they do i couldnt plug in to your AWESOME SYSTEM!!! If not... Oh well its great as it is! let me know-Thanx ~Jason

I have used the compiler and draft buddy for the last few years and have consistently been impressed. (I've had good results at the end of the seasons as well.)

I would agree that importing projections is the biggest area for improvement. In past years, it requires a lot of manual work to get projections in from other sites--I ended up building extra tabs with the projections in the original format and then creating formulas to get data from those tabs.

One challenge that may be comparitively easy to overcome is associated with players with inconsistent names from one site to another. The "R" symbol by rookies throws things off, and players like Cadillac Williams show up differently from one site to another. Allowing for multiple names to map to the same player would be a bonus. This would also help with team abbreviations (e.g. AZ = ARZ) and full team names (for D/ST).

Thanks!

Thanks for the kudos guys.

For those having trouble importing projections, I need to know, did you use Projection Pal last year? I'm not sure its going to get much more automated than that, which I thought was pretty good actually. Miles better than the years prior to that.

The biggest issue is the format different websites use for publishing their projections, which is obviously something I/we can't control. I will look at Projection Pal again to see if improvements can be made there. I'm still elbow deep in Compiler/Buddy programming.

For those having trouble importing projections, I need to know, did you use Projection Pal last year? I'm not sure its going to get much more automated than that, which I thought was pretty good actually. Miles better than the years prior to that.

The biggest issue is the format different websites use for publishing their projections, which is obviously something I/we can't control. I will look at Projection Pal again to see if improvements can be made there. I'm still elbow deep in Compiler/Buddy programming.

I tried importing projections before projection pal, then I tried projection pal when it was released...I think I was just so frustrated that I gave up on it and just quit with it...I will of course try it again this year.....Oh and why cant you contact every other fantasy football website and tell them too setup there projections just like yours....I dont think thats too much to ask....ROFLMAO....are there certain sites that are similar and easier to use....I have 3 or 4 that I frequent but they are each different of course...

Oh and why cant you contact every other fantasy football website and tell them too setup there projections just like yours....I dont think thats too much to ask....ROFLMAO....

Those bastards just won't listen to reason! :thumbsup:

:cry:

I used Projection Pal last year and thought it was a big improvement. I was even starting to wish for being able to import more stat sources as base for projections.

Mike... I Did the compiler for 3 leagues last year and won 2 of them. One was my 12 team 2 man keeper league and the other was a "gamedayritual" league in ithe sites inauguaral season (which btw is AWESOME)... Just curious if the compiler crew is looking into how GDR runs their leagues and is making adjustments??? Some of the small things they do i couldnt plug in to your AWESOME SYSTEM!!! If not... Oh well its great as it is! let me know-Thanx ~Jason

Ya know, this sounds somewhat familiar. I used Compiler, Buddy, & Pal last year for the 3 leagues I was in. I managed to make it to the championship game in all three leagues coming out on top in 2 of them. One of them was even the FFT GameDay Ritual league against the likes of Mike and Wildman. I was lucky enough to get into the league with them to begin with and then was surprised that I could squeek out a win in the championship game. :banana:

Beefing up the auction area would be quite helpful. While it is already the best system that I have used (22nd year of fantasy football for our league), improvements would be nice.

The dollar values of each player were not realistic when it got to kickers and some of the second and third tier players.

All in all, I have used the compiler for the last two years and won my league with it last year...Count me as one who will buy again and again....

chuck

...was surprised that I could squeek out a win in the championship game. :banana:

You weren't the only one who was surprised :mad: :cry:

;)

Do we have a tentative date for the release yet? Getting anxious! :huh:

Yes, we have a tentative date :D

I'll tell you as soon as its not tentative any more.

Beefing up the auction area would be quite helpful. While it is already the best system that I have used (22nd year of fantasy football for our league), improvements would be nice.

The dollar values of each player were not realistic when it got to kickers and some of the second and third tier players.

All in all, I have used the compiler for the last two years and won my league with it last year...Count me as one who will buy again and again....

chuck

Were the kickers and later round players overvalued or undervalued in your league Chuck? The problem I face is I seem to get different answers depending who I talk to. The auction results are really influenced by the characters and personalities that make up a league.

Thank you for your last comment :thumbsup:

Ya know, this sounds somewhat familiar. I used Compiler, Buddy, & Pal last year for the 3 leagues I was in. I managed to make it to the championship game in all three leagues coming out on top in 2 of them. One of them was even the FFT GameDay Ritual league against the likes of Mike and Wildman. I was lucky enough to get into the league with them to begin with and then was surprised that I could squeek out a win in the championship game. <_<

LOL... good stuff!!! The Compiler/buddy system is awesome... Keep up the great work!!! ~jason

chuck

Very overvalued......I have the actual auction prices for each player chosen in an excel spreadsheet that I can send you if you are interested. It also includes the compiler's projected values as a comparison.

Sorry I am late to respond, Mike. I tried Projection Pal last year but did not give it too much effort when I couldn't get it to work right away. I can't remember what was included with Projection Pal, but perhaps it would be useful to provide a default configuration for a public site (other than FFToday) that everyone can access as an example.

If projection pal will allow a site's projections to be re-imported (after projections have been updated) easily, that would be excellent, as I usually import multiple times.

Yes, we have a tentative date :wub:

I'll tell you as soon as its not tentative any more.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas - Go on Mike give us a clue, 7 days, 14 days ?? :doublethumbsup:

I was just getting ready to start checking out FFToday again.

Well, my team didn't work out last year, but that was more due to bad luck with injuries, which no one can predict. Both my RBs went down, so I was scrambling all year at the position. I lost McNabb, Hines Ward missed games with injuries. Oh well.

I felt like I had a good team due to the Compiler. I plan to use it again.