Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

2 words to the Buffalo Sabres fans

Tim Connolly

I saw the highlight.

Wow, was he laid out.

Yup.

And I actually like the Sabres and Connolly, they play with a ton of passion. But it's pretty ironic that they showed the Umberger hit a bunch of times on the big screen to excite the Buffalo faithful, and now one of their best players gets nailed.

He has a history of concussions and I'd be shocked if he plays this year, or ever.

Bad karma Buffalo

still wish that one of the hits had been to forsberg :thumbsup:

they showed the umberger hit once at the hsbc arena

karma....yes. everyone is looking to take out a player if possible (and clean)

but laughing about it...dont think so.

2-0

enjoy your golf season philly fans.

they showed the umberger hit once at the hsbc arena

karma....yes. everyone is looking to take out a player if possible (and clean)

but laughing about it...dont think so.

2-0

enjoy your golf season philly fans.

Bullsh!t

They played that hit a bunch of times while they scraped Umberger of the ice.

And the crowd went wild.

Then there were a couple of asstools that made jokes about it here.

And either the Flyers are golfing, or unsuccessfully looking for Buffalo's name on the cup.

enjoy watching good teams play

I am.

Carolina/NJ

kate smith just called from the grave...

she says it isnt 1975 anymore...quit playing her record everytime you think the team needs a boost...its killing the legacy of the song...

kate smith just called from the grave...

she says it isnt 1975 anymore...quit playing her record everytime you think the team needs a boost...its killing the legacy of the song...

:banana:

Maybe they should get Rocky to sing it.

:banana:

Maybe they should get Rocky to sing it.

when my stepdad was in the Navy, he went to many Flyers games in their heyday..and he still has the Flyers Stanley Cup record..as well as some special flyers/kate smith album...he gave them to me..i wish i could get them on a CD..

im not sure where im going with this..just admitting that i own Flyers stuff..

the thougth of losing connoly is scary, but I'll take a 2-0 lead coming home with 2 to play here

Miller stole this game

Yup.

And I actually like the Sabres and Connolly, they play with a ton of passion. But it's pretty ironic that they showed the Umberger hit a bunch of times on the big screen to excite the Buffalo faithful, and now one of their best players gets nailed.

He has a history of concussions and I'd be shocked if he plays this year, or ever.

Bad karma Buffalo

I wish people would stop bitching about that replay being shown a "bunch" of times. I was there. It was shown once after Umberger was helped off the ice and once more during the intermission because they simulcast MSG's TV feed into the arena scoreboard.

But as for the hit tonight, perfectly clean. Connolly had his head down and cut through the middle. I have no idea what he was thinking.

it seemed as if early on, guys were getting used to the rules and the calls that were made..

then they all got into a track meet mode..nothing worse than high flying action and guys turning instead of delivering that big time check...

now that the playoffs are here...with the guys streaking more due to no red..it seems as if the big boys are lining them up now...

i love it and dont wish injury on anyone..

glad to see that saku koivu had successful eye surgery..dont be a tough guy, saku, come back with the full cage...

Are there any Ottawa fans here?

:wacko:

Didn't think so.

:cheers:

they booed their boys down 2-1 late..with their guys on the rush...way to fire up the troops!!!

man I'm actually starting to believe that they can win the whole thing this year, I don't want to jinx them but if they get by ottawa, which is still a big if, they are halfway there. They play with passion and heart and dont' ever seem to give up

man I'm actually starting to believe that they can win the whole thing this year, I don't want to jinx them but if they get by ottawa, which is still a big if, they are halfway there. They play with passion and heart and dont' ever seem to give up

just talk about it less and you won't jinx them.

:first: