Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Today's NBA - What rules should they start enforcing?

With the NBA having turned into a joke in term of rules, which one would you like to see called to return it to the game it was intended to be?

Traveling

Palming

Moving picks

Hanging on the rim

O foul when big guy just goes to hoop while knocking over everything in the way [shaq]

All of them... play it just like the college game. I would even recommend changing the game time down to 40 mins. Cut the season to 50 games, and get through the playoffs.

considering that 1 of the nbas BEST plays of the playoffs was a play were lebron drove near the lane...

picked up his dribble and hopped with 2 feet..and then took a step to lay it in, they will NEVER enforce the rules...

the nba fan is one that cant keep up with a fast hockey game like hockey..they need it slowed down..not too many rules..no need to confuse them....fans dont want calls though..the nba doesnt take it seriously so why should we?...no need to discuss any rule changes.

i think the 3 second call was eliminated a decade ago...

and any sport where a guy can jump in the air and start to land out of bounds..but can call time out in the air and have it count...cant be taken seriously..

I'd like to see them enforce it not being played.

HTH

:thumbsdown: Agreed. The NBA can go to hell. NCAA is where the good basketball is at.

the nba fan is one that cant keep up with a fast hockey game like hockey..they need it slowed down..not too many rules..no need to confuse them....fans dont want calls though..the nba doesnt take it seriously so why should we?...no need to discuss any rule changes.

a fast hockey game like hockey? :thumbsdown:

also hockey sucks on t.v. about as much as anything can suck.

I think they should pull the officials and remove the rules like in the computer game "Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball". That would be grand entertainment.

also hockey sucks

Fixed

considering that 1 of the nbas BEST plays of the playoffs was a play were lebron drove near the lane...

picked up his dribble and hopped with 2 feet..and then took a step to lay it in, they will NEVER enforce the rules...

That was a great example of the joke the NBA is.

also hockey sucks on t.v. about as much as anything can suck.

Yeah. Gee, watching 36746 timeouts in the last two minutes of a basketball game and another 38 fouls is just so damn exciting.

Hockey is great to watch on TV, if you understand it. Most people don't know whats going on, can't follow the play and dismiss it as "boring". How anyone could have watched any of the Ottawa-Buffalo games and called it boring is beyond me.

That was a great example of the joke the NBA is.

but nba fans like cdub think that THIS is makes the sport so great..so unpredictable..they may call it one time but not the next...

i enjoy college and hs hoops..people think im a hoops hater, im not...

but theres no reason to waste time watching the nba....

i shouldve proofread the hockey line.. :thumbsup:

Yeah. Gee, watching 36746 timeouts in the last two minutes of a basketball game and another 38 fouls is just so damn exciting.

Hockey is great to watch on TV, if you understand it. Most people don't know whats going on, can't follow the play and dismiss it as "boring". How anyone could have watched any of the Ottawa-Buffalo games and called it boring is beyond me.

if its ever hard to watch, its the awful camera work..but a game on CBC is gold..

the sabres games have been fantastic..the last 30 seconds of game 2 of the devils game was better than a full nba game...

nba fans call the gomez tying goal luck..they just dont understand that a player actually attempted to do what he did and pulled it off..hitting a small puck shot hard..and deflecting it with the stick...

is there anything better than THIS scene in the nba?..played too often....

game is boring for 47 minutes..no D being played, except by det and SA...just when it STARTS to get good..this scene takes place...

time out...

guys come back and oh no..they are playing a zone..we are so screwed..what do we do? uh...time out again...

yeah, back to back timeouts.. :blink: fan...tastic...

I wouldn't mind seeing the season shorted and the playoffs too.

As far as the rules go? I don't think they really need to enforce too much more (I think the ref's do as good of a job as can be expected with a lot of the traveling/charging type calls- in the moment it's hard to judge if both feet came off the ground or not, of a guys feet were planted etc.). If they enforced more I think they'd have to bring in more refs.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing certain things being called less. For instance: charging vs. blocking has become TOTALLY subjective. Everyone enjoyed berating the officials for the charging call that LeBron drew, but there were times the calls went against him there too. There is no way a ref can watch the guy's shoulders, arms, feet and the ball all the same time so he ends up just calling what he assumes happened and half the time he's wrong. If there was a way to call it less without the game getting TOO rough, that's what I'd do.

Hanging on the rim

This should be allowed provided that the player who is hanging on the rim is also simultaneously eating a banana.

No comments on the palming yet huh?

They basically carry it like a bag of groceries between dribbles. Sad.

Everyone pimping the NCAA must have missed the tourney this year; travelling is getting to be almost as bad there.

You guys bitching about basketball owe it to yourselves to see the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs play. The NBA, for whatever reason likes to promote it's megastars.

Especailly now that the Spurs and Mavs are in a playoff series together, you'll see some pure basketball played at it's best.

You guys bitching about basketball owe it to yourselves to see the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs play. The NBA, for whatever reason likes to promote it's megastars.

Especailly now that the Spurs and Mavs are in a playoff series together, you'll see some pure basketball played at it's best.

Agreed, except for all of the above. :wacko:

;)

:wacko: Agreed. The NBA can go to hell. NCAA is where the good basketball is at.

Sorry, NCAA suxor too