Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

Iran letter to Bush: "the world sucks and it's all your fault"

I think the NY Times editorial staff helped write this letter:

Liberalism and Western-style democracy "have not been able to help realize the ideals of humanity," said the letter, obtained late Monday by The Associated Press.

"Today these two concepts have failed. Those with insight can already hear the sounds of the shattering and fall of the ideology and thoughts of the Liberal democratic systems," it read.

Ahmadinejad also suggests that Bush should look inward, saying there was an increasing hatred worldwide of the United States, and that history shows how "repressive and cruel governments do not survive."

"How much longer will the blood of the innocent men, women and children be spilled on the streets, and people's houses destroyed over their heads? Are you pleased with the current condition of the world? Do you think present policies can continue?"

Iran Letter

I thought it was a nice gesture. In our cold, impersonal modern society, hardly anybody writes letters anymore.

I thought it was a nice gesture. In our cold, impersonal modern society, hardly anybody writes letters anymore.

I agree. It's all e-mail this, and text message that. It was very thoughtful.

Liberalism and Western-style democracy "have not been able to help realize the ideals of humanity," said the letter, obtained late Monday by The Associated Press.

"Today these two concepts have failed. Those with insight can already hear the sounds of the shattering and fall of the ideology and thoughts of the Liberal democratic systems," it read.

Even the Iranians hate liberal democrats!! :pointstosky:

Even the Iranians hate liberal democrats!! :lol:

and to them you are one too :first:

A married couple go to a Counselor, sit down and the counselor starts out by saying "Contrary to many other marriage counselors, I don't believe in conflict. I really like to start my couples off on a real positve note. I'm going to ask you both to tell me something that you two have in common." He looks to the husband, and tells him to go first. The husband looks at him, and says "Well, neither of us sucks any ----!"

No official reply to Iranian letter: White House Tue May 9

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States will make no formal written response to the surprise letter sent to President George W. Bush by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the White House said.

Monday's letter from Ahmadinejad was the first from an Iranian leader to a US president in more than a quarter century, and suggested "new ways" to settle long-running tensions that have escalated over Iran's disputed nuclear program.

But Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice late Monday, in the transcript of a press interview released by the State Department, was underwhelmed.

"There is nothing in this letter that in any way addresses any of the issues really that are on the table in the international community," Rice said.

"It is most assuredly not a proposal," she said. "There is nothing in here that would suggest that we're on any different course than we were before we got the letter."

Speaking in the town of Sun City Center in southern Florida, Bush, without mentioning the letter, said diplomacy was the most effective way of breaking the logjam, and remains the "number one option" in the dispute.

"A president has got to be able to say to the American people, diplomacy didn't work" before escalating to other measures, Bush said.

Bush added that the international community speaks has "a common interest to prevent the Iranians from getting that weapon."

"They understand the consequences of a nuclear Iran, particularly when you have a president who is threatening people," the US president said.

He added that Washington remained committed to ensuring at all costs that Iran never attain the ability to develop atomic weapons.

the "letter" was 18 pages :thumbsup:

But Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice late Monday, in the transcript of a press interview released by the State Department, was underwhelmed.

"There is nothing in this letter that in any way addresses any of the issues really that are on the table in the international community," Rice said.

good job Condi, no matter what this iranian :thumbsdown: thinks, liberal democrats are irrelevant.

There is no doubt that this guy would be a Republican if he lived in the USA. The leader of Iran and Bush are very similar. Just change their religions and they are the same person.

What do the Iranian President, liberal Democrats, and about 70% of the country and 99% of the rest of the world have in common?

They all think Bush focking sucks.

There is no doubt that this guy would be a Republican if he lived in the USA. The leader of Iran and Bush are very similar. Just change their religions and they are the same person.

:pointstosky:

What was the point of writing this letter? I can't understand why the Iran would even bother. There must have been some reason for doing it, but I haven't the foggiest idea what it was.

What was the point of writing this letter? I can't understand why the Iran would even bother. There must have been some reason for doing it, but I haven't the foggiest idea what it was.

They probably get a kick out of annoying Bush.

I assume the letter was tested for Anthrax.... :bench:

I hope not.

They're trying to generate support from other nations.