Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

When did Steve Nash become this good ?

I rememeber him an All Star with dallas but no where near All world like he is right now. Did his game just evolve or did D'antoni have alot to do with it with his style ? it just seems like he can pretty much score whenever he wants to.

It's just David Stern's way of trying to promote a white guy.

If he were black, he'd either be in the CBA or on the Knicks.

It's just David Stern's way of trying to promote a white guy.

If he were black, he'd either be in the CBA or on the Knicks.

Yeah, just like that scrub Larry Bird. At least that's what Isiah says....

dudes been putting up 15pts 8ast and shooting over 45% for the last 6 or 7 years

John Stockton > steve nash

If Stckton was playing in 2006 he'ld probably be the MVP. What's your point?

John Stockton > steve nash

Interesting comparison. Not sure tho. Stockton perfected the pick and roll, and had arguably the greatest power forward in the history of the game by his side. Nash does more, with less.

He's the roger clemens of the NBA.. he decided to try once he thought he was dissed. :unsure:

More like the Maddux of the NBA. Just gets it done!

Interesting comparison. Not sure tho. Stockton perfected the pick and roll, and had arguably the greatest power forward in the history of the game by his side. Nash does more, with less.

Stockton made the finals and played against Michael Jordan...

Nash won't make the finals and certainly there is no Michael Jordan in the league right now..

Nash won't make the finals and certainly there is no Michael Jordan in the league right now..

The west as a whole back in the Stockton's "glory" days was not that strong. IMO. The west of today is a little more challenging.

stockton, dirk and larry never had to tuck their greasy hair behind their ears everytime they came up the floor...

get a haircut, sally....

stockton, dirk and larry never had to tuck their greasy hair behind their ears everytime they came up the floor...

get a haircut, sally....

Who cares. He could have the tampon string hanging out the back of his shorts for all I care. The guy just gets it done!! :lol:

The west as a whole back in the Stockton's "glory" days was not that strong. IMO. The west of today is a little more challenging.

Yeah, those Magic Johnson/Worthy/Kareem led Lakers were pretty damn weak.

I played your fishing game for one post. :lol:

Yeah, those Magic Johnson/Worthy/Kareem led Lakers were pretty damn weak.

When Stockton made the finals, those guys were either gone or on the way out you historian buff you. :lol:

When Stockton made the finals, those guys were either gone or on the way out you historian buff you. :lol:

You said in his prime. I had no idea you meant ONE year. My bad. But following your logic, his prime was the year he made the finals and the west sucked that year. Therefore, Stockton wasn't that good. Got it.

You said in his prime. I had no idea you meant ONE year. My bad. But following your logic, his prime was the year he made the finals and the west sucked that year. Therefore, Stockton wasn't that good. Got it.

Stockton was a very good player, just happened to make the finals in a year where I fell the west was kinda down!

Stockton was a very good player, just happened to make the finals in a year where I fell the west was kinda down!

Forgetting Stockton I think you're wrong about the west. The NBA was much better as a whole back then. I think it's better now than when Jordan won all his championships, mainly due to the influx of foreign players who have better overall skill sets than we've been turning out lately, but the NBA back in the Bird/Magic/Malone era was much better than it is even now. None of the current teams could hold the jocks of the Celtics/Lakers of the 80's. Teams like Portland, Utah, and Detroit from that era were probably better than the best of today, and those teams couldn't win championshipts due to the dominance of the Lakers/Celtics. And the bulk of Stockton's career was spent in that era, not the next era.

Forgetting Stockton I think you're wrong about the west. The NBA was much better as a whole back then. I think it's better now than when Jordan won all his championships, mainly due to the influx of foreign players who have better overall skill sets than we've been turning out lately, but the NBA back in the Bird/Magic/Malone era was much better than it is even now. None of the current teams could hold the jocks of the Celtics/Lakers of the 80's. Teams like Portland, Utah, and Detroit from that era were probably better than the best of today, and those teams couldn't win championshipts due to the dominance of the Lakers/Celtics. And the bulk of Stockton's career was spent in that era, not the next era.

Set some parameters on your era. I am solely talking about when Stocks made the finals. Not the 80's and early 90's. Never said a word on the era being weak. Just the west when Stocks made the finals. The 80' to me were the greatest era of b-ball ever!

Set some parameters on your era. I am solely talking about when Stocks made the finals. Not the 80's and early 90's. Never said a word on the era being weak. Just the west when Stocks made the finals. The 80' to me were the greatest era of b-ball ever!

Here's your quote:

"The west as a whole back in the Stockton's "glory" days was not that strong. IMO. The west of today is a little more challenging."

You're the one who set no parameters. You can't define Stockton's glory days as two years. He's the freaking all time assist leader in NBA history. He had more than two good years. And the team he was on in the finals was pretty formidable in it's own right. And those teams were near the end of his career, probably past his "glory days". They could have contended for a title in this era.

Here's your quote:

"The west as a whole back in the Stockton's "glory" days was not that strong. IMO. The west of today is a little more challenging."

You're the one who set no parameters. You can't define Stockton's glory days as one year. He's the freaking all time assist leader in NBA history. He had more than one good year. And the team he was on in the finals was pretty formidable in it's own right. They could have contended for a title in this era.

I will define for you. "Glory" to me, would be his finals yrs. As a whole his career was steady and in some ways remarkable. Utah, formidable compared to what? Not all time for sure. Formidable for the west of that year only. IMO

Short, White, Canadians are taking over basketball !!!!! :thumbsup:

Biggest difference between Stockon and Nash is defense. Stockon was a much better defensive player than Stevie.

He was good in Dallas, but I think he got overshadowed quite a bit bewteen Dirk, Finley, Van Exel, and such. I agree that the system that Phoenix runs is perfect for him. But he has always been a great ball-handler /shooter.

Biggest difference between Stockon and Nash is defense. Stockon was a much better defensive player than Stevie.

He was good in Dallas, but I think he got overshadowed quite a bit bewteen Dirk, Finley, Van Exel, and such. I agree that the system that Phoenix runs is perfect for him. But he has always been a great ball-handler /shooter.

:thumbsup: Stockton was amazing on both ends of the floor. Nash is exceptional on one, and a disaster on the other.