Sign in to follow this  
D'ohmer Simpson

Phillies

1 game out! :banana:

40!!!!

Yeah baby, 13 outta 14!...............Okay, calm down, its only May15th..................Screw that, YEAH BABY, 13 outta 14, suddenly only one game back of the Metropolitans. :thumbsup:

Can you beleive Madson gives up 2 runs in his inning so the Mets tie the game, then he gets the win? Stoopid baseball rules :banana:

IMO, the Phillies are winning despite Charlie Manuel. By the end of the year, he will cost them 12-15 wins. Law of averages will catch up with the worst manager in the league.

It's too bad. They could have done some damage this year and made a run for the playoffs if Gillick would have simply dumped Manuel. For what possible reason could he have come up with to bring back that dope?

IMO, the Phillies are winning despite Charlie Manuel.

It was his speech 14 days ago that light the fire under their butts. Greatest.Manager.Evah! :thumbsup:

IMO, the Phillies are winning despite Charlie Manuel. By the end of the year, he will cost them 12-15 wins. Law of averages will catch up with the worst manager in the league.

It's too bad. They could have done some damage this year and made a run for the playoffs if Gillick would have simply dumped Manuel. For what possible reason could he have come up with to bring back that dope?

while I agree he's a dope, suggesting he'll cost them 12-15 wins is way over the top IMO.

ETA - I wish they played more games on Monday. That's my TV veg night and they're usually jack shiit on. :thumbsup:

I have a question.

I missed most of the game on Friday night - Hamels debut :mad:

I turn it on in the 8th and Leiber is up to bat. :blink: He was due to pitch the next day, but then Gordon comes out to pitch the 9th. What happened? :blink:

I have a question.

I missed most of the game on Friday night - Hamels debut :banana:

I turn it on in the 8th and Leiber is up to bat. :banana: He was due to pitch the next day, but then Gordon comes out to pitch the 9th. What happened? ;)

I was barely paying attention then (prolly the booze or the bar filling up) but according to ESPN, Lieber pinch hit for Rhoads who was pitching the 8th. Santana started the 9th, then was taken out for Gordon.

I was barely paying attention then (prolly the booze or the bar filling up) but according to ESPN, Lieber pinch hit for Rhoads who was pitching the 8th. Santana started the 9th, then was taken out for Gordon.

I forgot about Santana. But why have Leiber pinch hit there? Was nobody left ont he bench?

While Charlie is not the sharpest tactical manager in the league, you have to give him some of the credit when the team runs off 13 wins out of 14 games. He can't be blamed for losing streaks, and then not be given credit for winning streaks. When they lose its Charlie's fault, when they win its got nothing to do with him?

Everyone has weak points and the consensus is that Charlie's are unorthodox tactical moves during games, something Larry Bowa was pretty good at......and Charlie does deserve some, but certainly not near all, of the venom thrown his way by some of our city's "baseball experts". His strong suit is keeping the team loose during bad spells and providing a good clubhouse atmosphere(not an easy balance), something that is conveniently ignored. And, its something the beloved Bowa sucked at, that killed their chances every year he was here.

Now, we'll see what he can do with a team that is winning, but i think its a little harsh to say they're winning in spite of Manuel.

Not so hard to win 14 of 15 when you don' t have to play the Brewers :banana:

:doublethumbsup:

Not so hard to win 14 of 15 when you don' t have to play the Brewers :D

B)

meh, they're taking it easy against a team they won't have to worry about later. 13 outa 16 still kicks focking ass!! :banana:

meh, they're taking it easy against a team they won't have to worry about later. 13 outa 16 still kicks focking ass!! :banana:

I wasn't trying to downplay the serious roll the Phillies have been on; I just got tired of bumping the Brewers thread all of the time. B)

I wasn't trying to downplay the serious roll the Phillies have been on; I just got tired of bumping the Brewers thread all of the time. :banana:

Yeah, I saw there was a Brewers thread on page 1. While Cincy falters the Brewers have put together a nice 3 game run.

The Phils better put an end to that this afternoon :D

And we got Hamels on the mound B)

By the end of the year, he will cost them 12-15 wins.
I think one of those wins was last night. :mad: He did the right thing walking Hall, but Victorino never should have been playing that shallow. :huh:

4-0 Phils in the 5th

Hamels is tossing a 1-hitter to this point but the Brewers have runners on right now

4-0 Phils in the 5th

Hamels is tossing a 1-hitter to this point but the Brewers have runners on right now

focking A :unsure: Great for the kid, and thanks for the update.

Can you beleive Madson gives up 2 runs in his inning

Hopefully not deja vu!!!

Boston fans will get bitchslapped by the Red Sox this weekend :wall: :wall: :mad:

Most likely

Okay, time to get some of those runs back.

And send Madson to triple A.

By the end of the year, he will cost them 12-15 wins.

I think one of those wins was last night. :thumbsdown: He did the right thing walking Hall, but Victorino never should have been playing that shallow. :mad:

Charlie Manuel does it again. :mad:

Mets who? Mets 7.5 games in front! Phillies fading in the rearview.

gotta love a guy too embarrassed to speak up when is team is trailing in the standings but now that they're ahead he's all talk. nice.

Mets who? Mets 7.5 games in front! Phillies fading in the rearview.

Congrats on sqeaking out a win in the FIRST game of a THREE game series. By the way, its June.

gotta love a guy too embarrassed to speak up when is team is trailing in the standings but now that they're ahead he's all talk. nice.

:rolleyes: :( :lol:

And he'll disappear as soon as the Mets fall apart, as they usually do.

:headbanger: :ninja: :lol:

And he'll disappear as soon as the Mets fall apart, as they usually do.

Exactly when have the Mets been behind in the standings? After the 2nd game of the season when they were 1-1? They opened the season 21-9, they have been in first all year.

Mets fall apart? When exactly? I think that you mean the Phillies fall apart every year.

Phillies have no pitching and play in a band box, which means that there chances of winning the division this year or any other year are slim.

Mets fall apart? When exactly?

Fall apart as they always do. Figures you weren't around before, but are around now. Typical fair weather fan :thumbsdown:

Fall apart as they always do. Figures you weren't around before, but are around now. Typical fair weather fan :headbanger:

exactly. he didnt post in the thread while the phillies were ahead in the standings but now he's bumping the thread now that the mets have a 8.5 game lead. i guess he figured he had to wait until they were truly far enough ahead to start smack talking. i suppose that shows his confidence in the team.