Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Christianism

btw, about half the country believe abortion is wrong...i guess they're all freaks. :rolleyes:

You're like torridjoe, only he's deliberately obtuse and you're just dumb as a bag of hammers.

For the millionth time, I never said that everyone who opposes abortion in any case is a freak - I said that those who believe a pregnancy at any stage is the moral equivolent of a walking, talking human being are. As for abortion, about half the country thinks it's wrong, but a strong majority will always support it in some circumstances, because it's obvious to most rightminded people that there's a difference between terminating a week-old pregnancy and killing a man in cold blood.

This is the last post I'm going to waste on you. It's like trying to teach a monkey to program the VCR.

I can see religious freaks caring about issues that don't directly effect them, but do the rest of yall really care whether a cadidate is for or against... death penalty, abortion, gay rights, whatever issue of the day?

I don't.

What about slavery, Christians in the British empire led them to basically stop the slave trade. This was an issue that no one thought immoral at the time but Christians

Would you have cared about that?

You're like torridjoe, only he's deliberately obtuse and you're just dumb as a bag of hammers.

For the millionth time, I never said that everyone who opposes abortion in any case is a freak - I said that those who believe a pregnancy at any stage is the moral equivolent of a walking, talking human being are. As for abortion, about half the country thinks it's wrong, but a strong majority will always support it in some circumstances, because it's obvious to most rightminded people that there's a difference between terminating a week-old pregnancy and killing a man in cold blood.

This is the last post I'm going to waste on you. It's like trying to teach a monkey to program the VCR.

:rolleyes: your post is a total contradiction to itself.

I'm speaking rhetorically for the most part. Just making the point that a Christianist would support Bush solely because of his professed religiousity, NOT because of his policies. And savvy politicians like Bush milk that for all it's worth.

In my opinion, yes.

Has anyone ever accused Bush of being a savvy politician before? I've heard dumb as a box of rocks, but never savvy.

What about slavery, Christians in the British empire led them to basically stop the slave trade. This was an issue that no one thought immoral at the time but Christians

Would you have cared about that?

Cared? Sure. I care about a lot of issues. I just don't vote for candidates based of them. Besides electing Super Court Justices, what influence does any President really have on issues like abortion, death penalty, etc... ? I'd guess little to none.