Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

Howard Dean: "marriage is between a man and a woman" -

My argument has nothing to do with whether they're voting. My argument has to do with torrid's assertion that there is no evidence of a problem concerning the alleged voting non-citizens.

:wub:

I'm confused. How does the 15th amendment tie into Torrid's assertion that there is no evidence of a problem concerning the alleged voting non-citizens? The alleged evidence that Gettnhuge has would make more sense.

I think you are saying "any non-citizen voting is a problem" (because of said 15th amendment), and Torrid is saying, "hey, where is the evidence that any non-citizens are voting?". Which is fine - but it means the two of you are arguing different things.

I still maintain that -40- :rolleyes: Giant Alien Chicken Nuggets from Outer Space with Lasers Hellbent on Earthly Destruction (GACNOSLHED, for short) aren't a problem unless GACNOSLHED actually exist. :huh: Same thing with illegals voting: it's a problem if it's happening, show me it happening.

I suppose we could start with how easy it is:

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2004/...e_to_stop_1.php

decent article. getting an ID, registering and voting without being a citizen is cake.

why do you think Dems in california and other placeswant to give illegals drivers

licenses so badly after Clinton's ridiculous motor-voter idea?

and to start you off with a real situation how about Dornan vs. Sanchez?

R Dornan lost by just under 1000 votes and accused D Sanchez of getting

illegals to vote for her. a House investigation found massive voter fraud

primarily with illegals but couldn't prove enough to overturn the election.

The number of illegals voting could not be determined exactly, estimates

have been from several hundred to sveral thousand in that district alone.

http://www.soundpolitics.com/archives/003321.html#003321

What amazes me is we have illegals pouring into the country. The government does not want to address that issue, so they attempt to distract us by debating who can or can't get married. And we fall for it.

The GOP loves this issue. What else are they going to run on in the fall? Bush's track record of dishonesty and failure? The GOP Congress' integrity and fiscal restraint? All they have to run on is fear-mongering, gay-bashing, and hatred of "the liberals" (i.e. the 2/3rds of the country that think Bush sucks).

ETA: Does anybody know if the Democratic party has a position on gay marriage that's not a sound bite? Do they officially support civil unions?

i dont get why politicians get so wrapped up in these type of issues. i think being gay is a bit weird, but i really couldnt care less if some dude is doing another dude. who cares?