Sign in to follow this  
GuidingLight

Most beautiful singer you have ever heard?

Early Linda Ronstadt, also (before mentioned) Margo Timmins and Eva Cassidy.

I keep forgetting girls. I'm not the most popular poster, but some of you may remember me pimping Eisley.

So votes go out to Sherri and Staci Dupree. If you like angelic voices... :first:

Dear God...Ella Fitzgerald folks. Nobody else is close. I saw her in concert when she was supposedly well past her prime and she was still amazing.

Amy Lee from Evanescence..

Man..you people.. :mad:

Evanescence is terrible, but Amy Lee does have the sexiest voice that I can remeber hearing. Second on that list, for me, is Martina Topley Bird. She sang on most of Tricky's albums.

Julee Cruise, a jazz singer, also has a pretty haunting vioce. Any Twin Peaks fans should know who she is.

Tom Araya is a nice mention, too. The way he hits those highs on "The Antichrist" are sweet! :lol:

Julee Cruise, a jazz singer, also has a pretty haunting vioce. Any Twin Peaks fans should know who she is.

Wow. Another great mention. Twin Peaks was so cool...the music, so cool..you just brought back memories, and I thank you!

Dear God...Ella Fitzgerald folks. Nobody else is close. I saw her in concert when she was supposedly well past her prime and she was still amazing.

She came to mind first for me also. A singular talent: versatility, range, smoooooth.....RIP.....

Stevie Nicks' softer stuff

Natalie Merchant from the 10,000 Maniacs days

Some of Dido's songs

Sarah Brightman (LaLuna and Harem have some of the best sounding songs I have heard)

For me it will always be Annie Lennox.

Alsorans...

Sarah MacLaughlan

Natalie Merchant

Nina Simone

Mariah Carey

It used to be Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star), Alicia Keys, Tori Amos and Sarah McLachan..I cant stop listening to Sia these days. Seriously, listen to her voice....Going to see Over the Rhine (w/Hem) tonight as well...good stuff

Please add yours...tia

Sia is very good. I think she's the chick from Zero 7. Her vocals sucked me right into that group a long time ago.

As far as voices go, I'm mesmerized by Lisa Gerrard's voice. She does a lot of soundtracks like Gladiator. I can't understand a dam word she's saying, but it's very haunting.

Sia is very good. I think she's the chick from Zero 7. Her vocals sucked me right into that group a long time ago.

I thought she did a lot of stuff with Massive Attack.

As far as voices go, I'm mesmerized by Lisa Gerrard's voice. She does a lot of soundtracks like Gladiator. I can't understand a dam word she's saying, but it's very haunting.

I friggin LOVE the gladiator soundtrack, checking her our right now.....Paikea lengend...good stuff... :(

I thought she did a lot of stuff with Massive Attack.

I'm not sure if she did anything with Massive Attack, but she definitly worked with Zero 7. I'll never get tired of the song Waiting Line.

Gotta love Wikipedia! wikipedia

Sia Kate Isobelle Furler (pronounced ['siə]) (born December 18, 1975 in Adelaide, Australia) is a contemporary female pop singer, noted for her work with Zero 7 and her two major-label solo albums.

Looks like Tracey Thorn from Everything But the Girl worked with Massive Attack. And the more I look, tons of others.

I friggin LOVE the gladiator soundtrack, checking her our right now.....Paikea lengend...good stuff... :rolleyes:

If you like the Gladiator soundtrack, be sure to check out the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.

And, to stay on topic here, the last song on that LofM soundtrack (I will find you - Clannad) is pretty haunting.

I believe that Enya's roots are with Clannad, maybe family members or her sister (or something).

Amazon linky

If you like the Gladiator soundtrack, be sure to check out the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.

And, to stay on topic here, the last song on that LofM soundtrack (I will find you - Clannad) is pretty haunting.

I believe that Enya's roots are with Clannad, maybe family members or her sister (or something).

Amazon linky

I used the Clannad song from LOTM to dance with my mother at my wedding....Great song and your right really haunting....but can be interpreted in so many ways

Amazon linky

Good info!

Downloading it all right now :thumbsup:

She has a song that makes all other singers seem like vocal midgets. Just can't think of the name from "Dirty"

Just look at your collection! :thumbsdown:

Marvin Gaye

Daryl Hall

Teddy Pendergrass

Paul McCartney

Alicia Keyes

Christina Aguilera

An ecclectic collection for sure. All but 1 are solid. We'll let the voters decide which!

Amazon linky

I have the LOTM soundtrack too, as well as Clannad. It's Enya's sister that is in that band.

An ecclectic collection for sure. All but 1 are solid. We'll let the voters decide which!

It'll be Hall. He is, in my estimation, one of the greatest vocalist's, AND, song writers ever.

........and underrated because of the 80's hype. I have music from him that spans 1972 through 2005.

Amy Lee and Allison Krause came immediately to mind, and a lot more really good ones have been mentioned.

One lady that hasn't been mentioned is Martina McBride. I know she's technically "Country", but she can flat out sing anything. And she's extremely hot in a cute, milf, kind of way.

Yes, indeed ... Hope Sandoval of Mazzy Star. Hearing her emote through "Look On Down From The Bridge" is religion. No more captivating voice than that ... "Halal", "Take Everything", "Fade Into You" ... it's criminal to not list her whole catalog, but ... if you haven't heard any of the above, I suggest you give a listen to them as a "primer".

Harriet Wheeler of The Sundays is dazzling as well. Her interpretation of "Wild Horses" is astonishing.

I think the best male voice ever belonged to Nat King Cole.

brintey spears :doublethumbsup:

ok, actual answer, and this is going to sound really, really ghey, but its maria callas, an opera singer (remember that scene in "the shawshank redemption" when andy plays that opera song on the loud speakers in prison? yeah, thats her)

insults hurled in my direction for my ghey answer in 3,2,1...