Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Some would say Prince has now "jumped the shark"

he's too short to jump anything

according to charlie murphy, he's a helluva baller.

also, he had some hot bitchz with him last night. :D were those twins? ;)

according to charlie murphy, he's a helluva baller.

As soon as he came out I said "mmmm..pancakes". My wife said "WTF are you talking about".

As soon as he came out I said "mmmm..pancakes". My wife said "WTF are you talking about".

uhhh... WTF are you talking about? ;)

He is a great guitarist, so I don't say bad thinks about him.

Also I think he did fine last night. It's Taylor that has the fizz of day old champagne.

uhhh... WTF are you talking about? :rolleyes:

If you don't know I can't explain it, but the clue is Charlie Murphy.

If you don't know I can't explain it, but the clue is Charlie Murphy.

Ah yes, Dave Chappelle. I remember now. :rolleyes:

I lost all respect for Prince last night. Sellout. :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

LMAO at "sellout."

Yeah, here's an entertainer who wants to sell more records. He probably knows the stats that indicate that an appearance on Idol typically boosts one's record sales 250%. He sells music for a living. He has 36 bajillion potential buyers watching that show.

He'll laugh at you all the way to the bank.

In order to be a complete sellout, he needs to appear on Oprah too.

Otherwise, it is just a move of questionable integrity.

LMAO at "sellout."

Yeah, here's an entertainer who wants to sell more records. He probably knows the stats that indicate that an appearance on Idol typically boosts one's record sales 250%. He sells music for a living. He has 36 bajillion potential buyers watching that show.

Yer not too bright. :thumbsdown: :banana: :banana:

LMAO at "sellout."

Bingo

I lost all respect for Prince last night. Sellout. :banana: :wall: :unsure:

If you don't get this you are either new to the board or retarded. HTH.

or maybe we don't get your retarded ramblings?

Apparently, there is a third option. :banana: :banana: :banana:

or maybe we don't get your retarded ramblings?

If I "get" his retarded ramblings, does that make me a retard, too? :banana:

Opinions on Eliott and Mary J last night? I believe they covered U2's "One". I thought it was pretty good for what seemed to be for the most part unrehearsed. :wub:

ummmm......

he had his first album to debut at #1 on the music charts about a month ago....no MTV 80s style hype machine, no heavy promotion campaign, no rappers on the CD.

what the heck are you talking about?

he only jumped the shark if the shark looked like shelia e, appolonia, vanity, kim bassinger, sheena easton, maytai, ananda lewis or some other chick.....and the jumping involved candles and slow music.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1002273762

ummmm......

he had his first album to debut at #1 on the music charts about a month ago....what the heck are you talking about?

he only jumped the shark if the shark looked like shelia e, appolonia, vanity, kim bassinger, sheena easton, maytai, ananda lewis or some other chick.....and the jumping involved candles and slow music.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1002273762

I'm no Prince basher, believe me. He is one of the most talented people in the business.

One thing youshould realize about his album sales figures.

His last two tours, he's done something very original. He adds ten bucks to ticket prices and gives each ticket holder a cd. With ticket prices as expensive as they are, you can hardly tell a difference. Meanwhile, he's showing that his cds are selling by the millions, while, in reality, they are not.

Opinions on Eliott and Mary J last night? I believe they covered U2's "One". I thought it was pretty good for what seemed to be for the most part unrehearsed. :doublethumbsup:

I personally focking hated it. Why does every single note now have to equal 100 notes??? Also, while I get the whole celebrity insertion, Blige seemed ot commandeer the stage, leaving poor goatboy out on the side. It should have been his moment, not hers.

Regarding Prince, I don't know that there is anyone on the face of the planet who can act that gay and get that many hot women. Great musician...weeeeeeeeird motherfuccker.

I'm no Prince basher, believe me. He is one of the most talented people in the business.

One thing youshould realize about his album sales figures.

His last two tours, he's done something very original. He adds ten bucks to ticket prices and gives each ticket holder a cd. With ticket prices as expensive as they are, you can hardly tell a difference. Meanwhile, he's showing that his cds are selling by the millions, while, in reality, they are not.

this was according to soundscan figures/units shipped.....not concert ticket gifts and gimmicks....

this was according to soundscan figures/units shipped.....not concert ticket gifts and gimmicks....

False. He gets soundscan credit for each cd given away with aticket purchase. Because he's "adding ten bucks" to the ticket price, it counts as a unit sold.

As a matter of fact, the music industry is going to change the rules about allowing these false figures.

Here's a link:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1488027/2...528/story.jhtml

Meph and Ellen coming to the defense of their prince :doublethumbsup:

For the record I can't stand Prince, but can't blame the guy for trying to make a buck.

I personally focking hated it. Why does every single note now have to equal 100 notes??? Also, while I get the whole celebrity insertion, Blige seemed ot commandeer the stage, leaving poor goatboy out on the side. It should have been his moment, not hers.

Regarding Prince, I don't know that there is anyone on the face of the planet who can act that gay and get that many hot women. Great musician...weeeeeeeeird motherfuccker.

I thought Toni Braxton and Taylor were going to ###### on stage.