Sign in to follow this  
EndGame

Fire at my grandmother's nursing home

[rat's ass]

My grandmother had a near miss today. There was a fire in the nursing home where she lives. The fire was in her building, on her floor. At its peak it was a four alarm fire, which I guess was inflated because of the size of the building and the fact that it's a nursing home. Two of her neighbors died and 15 ended up in the hospital. My grandmother got herself out just fine. She's going to be staying with my mother for a while until she's able to find out if she actually HAS an apartment anymore. I'm pretty proud of her, though. She has Alzheimer's, but when she heard the fire alarm at 6:30 this morning she got up out of bed, got dressed, and did exactly what they told her in the fire drills.

Link to story

[/rat's ass]

[rat's ass]

My grandmother had a near miss today. There was a fire in the nursing home where she lives. The fire was in her building, on her floor. At its peak it was a four alarm fire, which I guess was inflated because of the size of the building and the fact that it's a nursing home. Two of her neighbors died and 15 ended up in the hospital. My grandmother got herself out just fine. She's going to be staying with my mother for a while until she's able to find out if she actually HAS an apartment anymore. I'm pretty proud of her, though. She has Alzheimer's, but when she heard the fire alarm at 6:30 this morning she got up out of bed, got dressed, and did exactly what they told her in the fire drills.

Link to story

[/rat's ass]

Wow! I've worked in old folk homes for about 8 years. All the residents I've known in that time with alzheimer's/dementia would have said, "Screw you this is my place and I ain't going no where!" Pat her on the back for me!

Your grandma's cool :thumbsup:

Wow! I've worked in old folk homes for about 8 years. All the residents I've known in that time with alzheimer's/dementia would have said, "Screw you this is my place and I ain't going no where!" Pat her on the back for me!

Your grandma's cool :thumbsup:

She's a pretty cool customer. They took all of the evacuees down to the dining hall. When my mom got there, my grandmother was complaining that they hadn't served her breakfast yet :lol:

(Then again, reading that back, it sounds JUST like an alzheimer's patient)

Cans?

:thumbsup:

on one of the nurses

She's a pretty cool customer. They took all of the evacuees down to the dining hall. When my mom got there, my grandmother was complaining that they hadn't served her breakfast yet :lol:

(Then again, reading that back, it sounds JUST like an alzheimer's patient)

Like I said, your grandma's cool. And yes, very typical of an alzheimer's patient. :thumbsup: