Sign in to follow this  
Wildman

Wildman's Wedensday Session--Who Do I Pick?

This is a little experiment that I'm hoping to develop into something regular. Obviously the FFToday Board discourages who should I start, drop, keep, questions but the Help Board has a small (but dedicated) group of people. The problem is it's small, which means too much time before a question is answered.

I'm probably not going to give you the best advice every time. But hopefully we'll get enough participation that you'll get even better viewpoints. I just want to take a little ownership of this board and see what we can do to develop it into something more substantial and helpful to owners.

If you have a draft coming up and have a question you want to post for my response by next Wednesday, post them here. For a more helpful answer, post your scoring system, starting lineup rules, roster size, and applicable information about your team along with your question. Otherwise I'll have to preface every answer or give you either or scenarios that take more time to write and prevent me from answering as many questions as possible.

I've got a while until my draft, but figured it's never too early for a little input. Standard league (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE), with a point per reception as well as the usual point breakdown. We're allowed 1 keeper per year (and you can't keep the same player twice). Here is who I believe is being kept:

Keeper 1

1 C Taylor RB

2 L Johnson RB

3 C Johnson WR

4 L Jordan RB

5 T Owens WR

6 C Williams WR

7 S Jackson RB

8 P Manning QB

9 R Brown RB

10 B Westbrook RB

11 T Barber RB

12 S Alexander RB

Then I have Round 1 starting like this...

Round 1

1 L Tomlinson RB

2 C Portis RB

3 E James RB

4 R Johnson RB

I'm team number six. My question then is who do you think are the next best TWO available players? I'm thinking Dom Davis, but I'm not really sold on any other RBs (especially Willis). Stud WR is possible (Smith/Holt/Fitz/Harrison) but I'm worried about my RB#2 options. Thoughts?

Okay Wildman, I will give you a shot. My league draft is months away, but I like to start gathering info as soon as possible. I am in a 10 team re-draft performance league which starts 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR/TE, 1 K and 1 Team Def (TE is not a requirement). 1 point per 10 yds rushing, 15 yds receiving, 20 yds passing, and per reception. 6 pts per rushing TD, 4 pts per passing TD, INT's= -2 pts.

I draft at the 1.10 and 2.01 spots (defending champ). My question to you is that IF the first nine picks are all running backs (LJ, LT2, SA, Portis, Tiki, Edge, Jordan, Rudi, and S. Jackson), would you still take 2 RB's? If so, my guess would be Caddy and either J. Jones or R. Brown. On the other hand, it would be awfully hard to pass up on Manning or a top WR like Steve Smith/TO/Fitz.

Looking forward to your words of wisdom!

'Nutz

I am in a redraft league with 14 players roster. Standard scoring. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST.

I have the #4 overall position in the draft. Right now, I am thinking it'll be between Clinton Portis and Edgerrin James. In this case, Portis is the safer pick since James is changing team. Who would you take? Thanks.

I've got a while until my draft, but figured it's never too early for a little input. Standard league (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE), with a point per reception as well as the usual point breakdown. We're allowed 1 keeper per year (and you can't keep the same player twice). Here is who I believe is being kept:

Keeper 1

1 C Taylor RB

2 L Johnson RB

3 C Johnson WR

4 L Jordan RB

5 T Owens WR

6 C Williams WR

7 S Jackson RB

8 P Manning QB

9 R Brown RB

10 B Westbrook RB

11 T Barber RB

12 S Alexander RB

Then I have Round 1 starting like this...

Round 1

1 L Tomlinson RB

2 C Portis RB

3 E James RB

4 R Johnson RB

I'm team number six. My question then is who do you think are the next best TWO available players? I'm thinking Dom Davis, but I'm not really sold on any other RBs (especially Willis). Stud WR is possible (Smith/Holt/Fitz/Harrison) but I'm worried about my RB#2 options. Thoughts?

Sh8rp, I agree Dom Davis is the best bet at RB. Although he has a history of missing time, I believe the Texans decision to go with Mario Williams is kind of a left-handed compliment to DD. Last year, he was the #7 RB based on Crank Scores for point per reception leagues. If you don't know about Crank Scores, check this out.

I believe Davis is your best bet because you should be able to pick up a Javon Walker or Joe Horn if last year's stud WRs come off the board before your 2nd pick. Plus people might panic on the RBs on the way back, and that would give you a shot at one of the stud WRs. Then if you aren't super excited about Davis after picking him and a WR, you'll probably be able to follow up with a back like Deshaun Foster, Bush, or Addai somewhere in rounds 3-5. Most likely Foster or Addai and probably earlier than later. Still, picking Davis is a good decision because people routinely forget about less "sexy" WRs that were very good in point per reception leagues: T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Joey Galloway, Darrell Jackson, or Donald Driver.

Hope that helps

Okay Wildman, I will give you a shot. My league draft is months away, but I like to start gathering info as soon as possible. I am in a 10 team re-draft performance league which starts 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR/TE, 1 K and 1 Team Def (TE is not a requirement). 1 point per 10 yds rushing, 15 yds receiving, 20 yds passing, and per reception. 6 pts per rushing TD, 4 pts per passing TD, INT's= -2 pts.

I draft at the 1.10 and 2.01 spots (defending champ). My question to you is that IF the first nine picks are all running backs (LJ, LT2, SA, Portis, Tiki, Edge, Jordan, Rudi, and S. Jackson), would you still take 2 RB's? If so, my guess would be Caddy and either J. Jones or R. Brown. On the other hand, it would be awfully hard to pass up on Manning or a top WR like Steve Smith/TO/Fitz.

Looking forward to your words of wisdom!

'Nutz

We'll find out how wise this is... :banana:

If you get Caddy and Brown, I'd seriously consider that option. I just finished a mock between ff sites where Brown went 7th (I picked Jordan 6th) and James went 8th...which was a surprise to me. If you think Brown isn't going to produce the comibined yardage he and Williams had from 2005, then the WR option makes more sense.

It seems to me your scoring system would make RBs with high reception totals the most valuable of the positions. Although receivers get 1 point per reception, the 15 yard requirement, as opposed to the 10, slightly lowers their value if the yardage scoring were equal.

If you don't go for the Auburn duo, I'd pick Caddy, a stud WR, and then hope one of Reggie Bush or Joseph Addai fall to you because they should have nice reception totals as rookies and have a good chance to be worthwhile starters, too. The first option is the safe play that will make you a contender if you do well with the rest of your draft. The second option is the high risk-high reward scenario.

If it were me, I'd go Caddy and Brown because I think it will be easier to find quality receivers and sitll possibly wind up with someone like Foster, Bush, Addai, etc. Plus, these are two quality backs on their way up.

I am in a redraft league with 14 players roster. Standard scoring. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF/ST.

I have the #4 overall position in the draft. Right now, I am thinking it'll be between Clinton Portis and Edgerrin James. In this case, Portis is the safer pick since James is changing team. Who would you take? Thanks.

I thought I was going to have that dilemma tonight in a mock draft, but Portis was taken 5th and I had the 6th pick. I was left with the choice of James or Jordan. I went with Jordan because it was a point per reception league, but it was nearly a 50/50 toss up (it's not like James doesn't get his share of receptions, either).

But in your case, I would go with Portis. Here's my case:

1. Portis and James are among the most consistent-season to season producers in NFL history at this stage of their careers. But Portis is only 24 years old and hasn't faced major surgery.

2. The Redskins have a better defense than the Cardinals. This will give Washington more opporutnities to on offense where they don't have to play catch up...

3. Portis is still a breakaway threat. James (and a healthy, 2004 Corey Dillon) is the best between the tackles runner in the league, IMO. He won't break many past 20 yards but he's great getting what's needed and runs with incredible patience. Still, Portis is good enough between the tackles that his breakaway speed makes him more appealing for the reasons I'm about to explain below.

4. From weeks 10-17 last year, Portis was a slightly more consistent high scorer than James. Both were very good, but Portis was a bit better. And the bit of info that separates him a bit from James, IMO...

5. Portis is playing Al Saunder's offense. The same offense that used Faulk and Holmes' talents to their fullest. Earnest Byner, the RB coach for the 'Skins was a fine RB for the Browns/Redskins/Ravens and Holmes credited Byner as the person that taught him the most about being a good NFL runner. Byner has publicly stated that he believes Portis is in for a record year. Sure, it's hype--but with two players this close in skill set, the edge (no pun intended) goes to Portis.

Sh8rp, I agree Dom Davis is the best bet at RB. Although he has a history of missing time, I believe the Texans decision to go with Mario Williams is kind of a left-handed compliment to DD. Last year, he was the #7 RB based on Crank Scores for point per reception leagues. If you don't know about Crank Scores, check this out.

I believe Davis is your best bet because you should be able to pick up a Javon Walker or Joe Horn if last year's stud WRs come off the board before your 2nd pick. Plus people might panic on the RBs on the way back, and that would give you a shot at one of the stud WRs. Then if you aren't super excited about Davis after picking him and a WR, you'll probably be able to follow up with a back like Deshaun Foster, Bush, or Addai somewhere in rounds 3-5. Most likely Foster or Addai and probably earlier than later. Still, picking Davis is a good decision because people routinely forget about less "sexy" WRs that were very good in point per reception leagues: T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Joey Galloway, Darrell Jackson, or Donald Driver.

Hope that helps

Thanks Wildman. If Dom D goes 5, who would be your vote for me to pick at #6 to team up with Caddy?

Wildman, your response of taking Caddy and R. Brown at 1.10 and 2.01 was also my first instinct. Since QB's in my league only get 4 pts per TD, that does lower Manning down a bit. My concern was that Ronnie Brown will not catch many balls out of the backfield. I may have to take a look at Westbrook and see how much Andy Reid plans on using him.

As for WR's, it is hard to pass up on a guy who can catch 100 balls, rack up 1500 yards and score around 12 TD's. I am willing to roll the dice though since the dreaded RBBC seems to be on the increase this upcoming year.

Thanks for the quick response :banana:

'Nutz

Wildman, your response of taking Caddy and R. Brown at 1.10 and 2.01 was also my first instinct. Since QB's in my league only get 4 pts per TD, that does lower Manning down a bit. My concern was that Ronnie Brown will not catch many balls out of the backfield. I may have to take a look at Westbrook and see how much Andy Reid plans on using him.

As for WR's, it is hard to pass up on a guy who can catch 100 balls, rack up 1500 yards and score around 12 TD's. I am willing to roll the dice though since the dreaded RBBC seems to be on the increase this upcoming year.

Thanks for the quick response :cheers:

'Nutz

Brown is a very good receiver so I'd be shocked if they dont' increase his looks out of the backfield. It was one of the bigger reasons he was selected over Cadillac and Benson last year. Westbrook may be even a better choice in a ppr league. He's generally one of the best out there for that sort of deal. Reid already said Westbrook will be the main cog in the offense. Really, who else do they have? I love Ryan Moats, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use Westbrook in the slot on many of those plays. People get worried about Westbrook's durability, but really he hasn't had huge injuries that would derail his skills.

I just finished an article on RBBC that will be on the site in about a month, and honestly for the past three years the idea of an increase to RBBC's is a fallacy. Statistically speaking, the biggest reason for RBBC has more to do with injury than anything else. If the guy is slated to be the #1 RB, if he gets 50% or more of the carries you are pretty good to go. Brown will at least get 70% of the carries if healthy. That's promising for a huge season. Westbrook? I love him as a player and have him in two dynasty leagues, but he'll likely see 50%-60% of the carries with a promising Moats getting the rest. It will still mean a good season...plus he'll have 40-60 receptions (if not more) which will elevate him even higher.

Here's where the backs stack up last year in ppr leagues:

Last Name	First Name	G	FPG	Crank	Sub Par	Elite	RB #1	RB #2
Alexander	Shaun	16	23.68	96.05	6.25%	56.25%	81.25%	87.50%
Johnson	Larry	16	23.02	84.63	12.50%	56.25%	68.75%	75.00%
Jordan	Lamont	14	21.06	84.23	0.00%	35.71%	85.71%	92.86%
Barber	Tiki	16	22.44	82.74	0.00%	31.25%	75.00%	87.50%
James	Edgerrin	15	20.82	81.89	0.00%	40.00%	80.00%	93.33%
Tomlinson	LaDainian	16	22.14	76.10	0.00%	37.50%	62.50%	81.25%
Davis	Domanick	11	18.75	69.90	0.00%	18.18%	81.82%	90.91%
Westbrook	Brian	12	18.86	64.43	0.00%	25.00%	66.67%	83.33%

Westbrook was 8th overall as a consistently high scoring RB--zero bad games, and 83% worthwhile as a starter in a 12 team league last year with 2/3 of his games as a #1 quality RB and 1/4 as a top 3 RB for a given week. That's tough to beat, but consider Brown and Williams

Brown	Ronnie	15	11.73	27.74	20.00%	6.67%	40.00%	53.33%
Williams	Ricky	12	11.38	27.01	25.00%	8.33%	41.67%	50.00%

If you added those two's FPG averages, you'd have a top 10 back.Williams is gone, so it's possible though maybe simplistic to come to this conclusion. Still If you take 3/4 of Williams points per game and add it to Brown's rookie season, he's comparable to Westbrook....

I'm not so inclined to recommend an RB because of RBBCs but more because you have a chance at better quality receivers in the mid rounds than a high quality runner in the early rounds...

Thanks Wildman. If Dom D goes 5, who would be your vote for me to pick at #6 to team up with Caddy?

Here's some options: Corey Dillon, Stephen Jackson, or one of the stud receivers (Boldin, Holt, Smith, or Fitz)

I know that seems strange to mention Dillon, but here's my argument for him. Dillon was the 12th-ranked RB in my Crank Score last year, despite the fact he was playing on a bum leg. He was still very reliable in the redzone. Laurence Maroney is a talent. I scouted him extensively in my 2006 Rookie Scouting Portfolio. He's capable of being a star in the NFL. He also appeared inconsistent as a blocker and short-yardage runner at times last year--as if he wasn't playing as hard as he's capable. When you watch a player and you see a noticeable difference with his intensity as a ball carrier on similar plays/situations, that tells you he might turn it on and off a bit because he's so talented and playing against competition that doesn't match his skills. It's not enough to worry about long term, but I think Dillon will probably be able to hold off Maroney for this year. Dillon also hired a trainer for the first time in his career and is supposedly in great shape. He's not even 30 years old, so I think he has at least one really good year left in him. Remember, Dillon was awesome in 2004.

Since you have time before your draft, just keep your eyes peeled for news about Dillon/Maroney. If you decide to draft one--get the handcuff.

If that's just too risky for you, then Stephen Jackson was ranked just behind Dillon in Martz/Vitt's offense last year. Faulk won't likely be a huge factor and I read some rumblings today that the Rams staff is whispering that they'd prefer Faulk retire. Jackson is the kind of back that can wear out a defense in the 4th quarter. He's a decent receiver, but not special. Still, he should improve upon his numbers.

If neither excite you. Dillon is a guy I like as a riskier pick, but you can get him probably on the way back to you after you pick a WR. I did this last night in a ppr mock with the 6th pick: Jordan-Fitzgerald-Dillon...

So if you go WR, here's my 2005 Crank Scores for the top 5 WRs.

Last Name	First Name	G	FPG	Crank	Sub Par	Elite	WR#1	WR #2	WR #3
Owens	Terrell	7	22.79	117.18	0.00%	57.14%	85.71%	85.71%	100.00%
Boldin	Anquan	14	20.62	105.91	7.14%	64.29%	85.71%	85.71%	92.86%
Holt	Torry	14	20.66	97.42	0.00%	57.14%	71.43%	78.57%	92.86%
Smith	Steve	16	21.24	92.54	18.75%	62.50%	68.75%	68.75%	68.75%
Fitzgerald	Larry	16	19.25	88.91	6.25%	62.50%	68.75%	81.25%	81.25%

I'm more of a Fitz fan than a Boldin fan, but how can you really nitpick here? Holt is historically the best of the bunch. If you want to play it conservative take him and don't worry about him. I did this last year in an Auction league referred in my sig...I was very happy to have him. Smith? He's awesome and proved he's no fluke.

I think Fitz is still getting better, so that's why I chose him over Boldin in my mock. Boldin's nagging injuries worry me a bit, although that's splitting hairs too. Holt? Look at the 0% sub par games number..that means in a 3 WR lineup, he never put up totals worse than the 3rd WR in any week he played last year. I'd choose between Holt and Fitz. I'm biased about Fitz and probably without any logic that will give you a tangible difference between the two, so keep that in mind. Holt may still have a better group of receivers around him: Bruce+Curtis > Boldin+Johnson, IMO. Boldin is great, but Curtis is almost as good as Bruce right now and Bruce is still a worthy #3 FF WR...

Wildman,

Thanks for the math lesson!!! Where did you come up with those stats? Last year, I grabbed Tiki at 1.10 and rode him to the title thanks to those ppr. I guess that I will have to wait and see how Brown and Westbrook look during the preseason and then determine which one I want at 2.01.

On a side note, do you know anyone who has rankings based on ppr alone? All the rankings I have seen thus far were for standard scoring system. This is more for the middle part of the draft where the titles are really won.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Wildman,

Thanks for the math lesson!!! Where did you come up with those stats? Last year, I grabbed Tiki at 1.10 and rode him to the title thanks to those ppr. I guess that I will have to wait and see how Brown and Westbrook look during the preseason and then determine which one I want at 2.01.

On a side note, do you know anyone who has rankings based on ppr alone? All the rankings I have seen thus far were for standard scoring system. This is more for the middle part of the draft where the titles are really won.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

I do...you can get the info if you use MyFFToday on the home page and enter your scoring system and for even better manipulation of info for projections/study, Mike MacGregor's Cheetsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy. It's a great tool for this stuff. My Cranks Scores are based on a database I compiled myself, but we're hoping to have a tool avaialble this summer that will allow you to do this yourself for your league. Stay tuned....

Nothing like an English major giving a math lesson! That's scary :ninja:

I have Edgerin James in keeper league-12 team Yahoo scoring, 4 keepers. I would like to get younger, and am seriously worried about Edge's new Oline and history with a new contract. I can also keep JJones and Stephen Jackson, so I wont be fishing a dry lake for RBs. What is reasonable value For edge in this type format?

Also, what WR's are worth targeting, given 48 keepers?

J

I have Edgerin James in keeper league-12 team Yahoo scoring, 4 keepers. I would like to get younger, and am seriously worried about Edge's new Oline and history with a new contract. I can also keep JJones and Stephen Jackson, so I wont be fishing a dry lake for RBs. What is reasonable value For edge in this type format?

Also, what WR's are worth targeting, given 48 keepers?

J

Mind giving me the scoring rundown for Yahoo leagues. It's been a 3-4 years since I've been in one and don't remember. I'll give you an answer tonight...

Mind giving me the scoring rundown for Yahoo leagues. It's been a 3-4 years since I've been in one and don't remember. I'll give you an answer tonight...

Very vanilla. 6 pts for all TD's, 20 yards rush/rec = 1 pt, no PPR, 50 yards passing (IIRC) = 1 pt, INT = -2 pts. I dont think kicking and defense scoring matters here. QB, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, RB/WR flex are the basic positions.

J

PS I was a Math/Stats major. Naturally everyone at work wants me to right their memos.

Very vanilla. 6 pts for all TD's, 20 yards rush/rec = 1 pt, no PPR, 50 yards passing (IIRC) = 1 pt, INT = -2 pts. I dont think kicking and defense scoring matters here. QB, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, RB/WR flex are the basic positions.

J

PS I was a Math/Stats major. Naturally everyone at work wants me to right their memos.

Pretty funny onejayhawk...it just figures....

Seems pretty clear RBs and WRs are more valuable than QBs in this league. I think Edge is definitely worth a first round pick and more. I think a 1st and a mid-round pick makes sense. Edge will still be a top 10 back in most people's eyes. So I believe someone should be willing to part with a 1st round pick and a little extra to know they got a player they feel good about. Plenty of people still feel good about Edgerrin James surrounded by that talent at the skill positions in Arizona so I don't think it's out of the question.

48 keepers and what receivers should you target? Not sure I'm going to answer this one well. Let's presume at least 20 of the keepers will be WRs. So who is appealing after the top 20 WRs?

Anyone that has been really good for the last year or two that someone dropped because they are "old." Some folks get hung up on youth in a minimal keeper league like this one and ditch a guy that will help you win now or underlooked players that people just think for some reason their production was a fluke or will disappear. Here's a few:

1. T.J. Houshmandzadeh--he was the 12th-most consistent high scoring WR last year. That's a #1 WR in FF playing as the #2 guy in Cincy. People will overlook him because he jumped from 37th overall in 2004 to 12th in 2005. I see it more as a progression and not dumb luck. Plus, Chris Henry is liable to be under a cell block at this rate. Houshmandzadeh could become the McCardell/Cris Carter of this decade....

2. Terry Glenn--T.O.'s in Dallas and everything thinks Drew Bledsoe's all-time favorite receiver is going to stop getting a lot of looks. I don't see why it's impossible for Dallas to have 2, 1000-yard receivers. I'll be talking more about this in an article about Pitch/Catch Combos in a few weeks.

3. Derrick Mason--if McNair comes to Baltimore, look out.

4. Koren Robinson-He was on the verge of being a pro bowl, quality player. Maybe he can get back to that point. I'm not impressed with the other options in Minnesota.

5. Nate Burleson--you might be able to sneak him in pretty late.

Young guys:

1. Reggie Brown

2. Kevin Curtis

3. Matt Jones or Ernest Wilford

4. Drew Bennett

5. Mark Clayton

6. Michael Clayton

Late round flyer: David Boston--for a late round pick why not? We all know we're going to drop/add players. It's like throwing a bomb on the first play of the game, what really do you have to lose?

Hey Wildman

Thanks for offering up your advice, much appreciated. Here goes...

I've got the 4th pick overall this year in a PPR league (1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 pts per TD, 1 pt per 20 yards passing, 5 pts per passing TD). We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D.

My current plan is to grab L Jordan at 4, take two WRs (hopefully C Johnson in the 2nd and maybe Harrison in the 3rd), then grab a RB/WR in the 4th. I really wanted to grab Gates in the 2nd, but I know that the guy ahead of me (picking 16th overall) is going to snag him (he told me).

So my questions are:

How big of a reach is Jordan at 4? I had him last year, and his ability to catch the ball just makes him stand out more than Portis, and he doesn't have anyone battling him for playing time like Barber.

How wise is it to neglect my #2 RB in an effort to build the best WR corps in my league. Based on my league projections, there is a possibility that I could grab CJ, Boldin, and Wayne in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. That would give me an immediate edge over most owners, while they sort through the lower tier RBs in the 3rd and 4th.

If I go RB in the 4th, my projections have me getting C Taylor, Droughns, or Dunn. Which would you prefer out of those?

Last question...Since Gates will be gone in the 2nd, when and where and who would you target at TE. I'm thinking Crumpler in about the 6th or 7th.

Thanks so much!

Hey Wildman

Thanks for offering up your advice, much appreciated. Here goes...

I've got the 4th pick overall this year in a PPR league (1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 pts per TD, 1 pt per 20 yards passing, 5 pts per passing TD). We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D.

My current plan is to grab L Jordan at 4, take two WRs (hopefully C Johnson in the 2nd and maybe Harrison in the 3rd), then grab a RB/WR in the 4th. I really wanted to grab Gates in the 2nd, but I know that the guy ahead of me (picking 16th overall) is going to snag him (he told me).

So my questions are:

How big of a reach is Jordan at 4? I had him last year, and his ability to catch the ball just makes him stand out more than Portis, and he doesn't have anyone battling him for playing time like Barber.

How wise is it to neglect my #2 RB in an effort to build the best WR corps in my league. Based on my league projections, there is a possibility that I could grab CJ, Boldin, and Wayne in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. That would give me an immediate edge over most owners, while they sort through the lower tier RBs in the 3rd and 4th.

If I go RB in the 4th, my projections have me getting C Taylor, Droughns, or Dunn. Which would you prefer out of those?

Last question...Since Gates will be gone in the 2nd, when and where and who would you target at TE. I'm thinking Crumpler in about the 6th or 7th.

Thanks so much!

Looks like you have a pretty good handle on it. I did a mock draft last week for a publication sponsored by another website and I had the 6th pick in a ppr league. I picked Jordan, so I think he's worth the pick in the 4th-6th range. But that said, if you have a shot at Barber or Portis--I'd drop my thoughts on Jordan in a heartbeat. Barber ceded time to Jacobs inside the 5, but his totals were still fantastic. There's really no competition there--think Martin and Jordan in NY while Martin was a stud.

Portis was the guy I hoped to get in the mock--I think he's in line for an excellent season in Al Saunders offense and the addition of more weapons at WR...Earnest Byner knows a few things about RBs (Holmes credits him as the guy that taught him the most about playing the position in the pros) and he's Portis' coach now. He is quietly prediciting a career year for Portis. If you really don't like either player, Jordan is a fine pick though I'm pretty certain the guys behind you will be thinking you are giving them a late, B-Day present if they get the choice of those two "leftovers"

If you can grab Portis or Barber, land those WRs, and get Dunn as your #2, you should be ecstatic. Crumpler anywhere after round 5 is a good deal because he was the 3rd ranked TE in PPR leagues last year in terms of consistency of high scoring (CRANK score). Even Jordan as the #1 RB on your team makes this pretty nice. You might also be able to load up on a couple of rookie RBs or get both Dunn and Taylor...Plus, by the time you pick your second stud WR, other teams may panic and go WR, which heightens your chances for a decent RB to fall further.

Hi Wildman, thanks for all the help.

I'm new to the boards and have played FF for 5 years now, but this year I'm officially an addict. I'm defending champion in my $ redraft league and want to make another run this year. However my head's spinning with all I've read, and I'm really starting to doubt my rankings.

My dilema is, there's so many different FF set ups out there that one person's rankings might not relate to my league set up and could negatively influence me to draft someone before another. It seems like a lot of leagues are using ppr and that changes the rankings a bit. Also we have 2 QB verses 1 QB starting.

10 teams with 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF.

(25 pass=1, all TD=6, 10 rsh/rec=1, INT=-2, no ppr)

What kind of drafting strategy would you use in my league? I'm wondering if since we have more WR and QB starters than other leagues might, would that necessitate my drafting a WR or QB earlier than the typical 2-3 RB strategy? Last year I really lucked out and snagged S. Alexander and E. James with R. Johnson as a backup b/c the other owners were fairly new at manual drafting (#1 pick was M. Vick...yikes) This year they'll be better and I'm contigency planning. Thanks again!

MacAir,

Thanks for posting and congratulations on your championship last year. I'm going to recommend something to you and at first, it's going to sound like shameless commercialism. Just hear me out.

You're playing for fun, but you're also playing for money. As you mentioned, you anticipate your competition will catch up to you. This is smart thinking, because they will narrow the gap if last year was a new experience for many of them.

Because your league is has a few differences in lineups than the average set up, you'll want to gain a good understanding of the scoring differnces by playing with the numbers from last year or a set of good projections created for his year. You should look to see what the top 10 QBs look like vs. the top 10 RBs vs. top 10 WRs, etc.

The best way to do this that I know of...outside of spending hours doing everything yourself on a spreadsheet is to purchase FFToday's CheatSheet Compiler and Draft Buddy. For the money, it's the best draft prep tool and draft day toll you can get--and for the money, it's a huge bargain.

It took me two minutes to plug your league info into the Compiler and run the numbers. What I saw for you is basically this: QBs and RBs are about on par from a scoring standpoing and WRs are still signficantly below the other two positions. But what is important is the difference in points among the #1 QB and #10 QB vs. the #1 RB and the #10 RB, etc. This is where you can use a function on the Compiler to set tiers. It really shows you players you'll need to draft early.

For example, The each RB is further apart in value within that top 10, so it's good to get a #1 quality RB early. QBs aren't as far apart, but still significantly so compared to WRs, so you'll want to at least grab a top guy early as well. WRs have a much tighter grouping, so you can probably wait a bit.

How much depends on your league's tendencies and individuals strategies. You need to keep track of where players are going and to which team. This helps you get a good idea of which players should fall to you, which is very important. Most people know who to pick, but don't get to pick them.

We've all been in leagues were by the numbers everyone should be picking one position in the first two rounds but you see some crazy picks that become trends that throw off your entire strategy. This is common and it's why you need to keep track of the value of players, who is off the board, and which players will represent the best value to you at your next pick.

This is where the Compiler and Draft Buddy work together so you can track who is off the board, but also see which players are left that represent the best value to you. This is done with just you selecting a player from a drop down box in the draft spot he was picked. Very easy...

I know I sound a bit "infomercial-like" here, but I think your question calls for me to recommend this product as your most cost-effective and accurate answer. Spending a lot of time on this stuff is fine for fantasy football writers... :mad: ....but time is at a premium in the normal world. Mike MacGregor created this product and I've faced him in quite a few leagues recently and he almost always has a competitive team that makes it deep into the playoffs or wins the championship.

So it's a combo of things. QBs and RBs are more valuable in terms of points, but where your league is picking them is what will matter. Timing where you can still get stud WRs in a decent round is also important. If you consider getting the compiler, I think you'll be able to play around with the numbers to develop a sound strategy for your league.

Wildman, very insightful comments. I have the 4th pick in my redraft league, and I can't decide between Tiki and Portis. Looking at last year's numbers, Tiki is the easy pick. He had some monster rushing games, and plays in a better offense that Portis. His down fall is that he doesn't get the goalline carries. Portis is younger and has more upside, and usually gets the ball on the goalline. They each had 11 TDs last season, but Tiki had over 600 total yards more. What would you do?

Wildman, very insightful comments. I have the 4th pick in my redraft league, and I can't decide between Tiki and Portis. Looking at last year's numbers, Tiki is the easy pick. He had some monster rushing games, and plays in a better offense that Portis. His down fall is that he doesn't get the goalline carries. Portis is younger and has more upside, and usually gets the ball on the goalline. They each had 11 TDs last season, but Tiki had over 600 total yards more. What would you do?

Ditkaholic. If you don't mind providing me your league's scoring rules, I can give you a better answer. Otherwise, the only answer you'll get is based off assumptions I can make. I'll try to assume two different ways:

If your scoring for yards gained is 1 point per 10 yards rushing or .01 per yard gained, then Barber has the better track record for all-purpose yards. Same with point per receptions leagues. Portis has a good history finishing strong, so this is appealing if you get into the playoffs.

I really think without looking at your rules, this is a coin flip situation. The Redskins defense should continue to be good under Greg Williams--this is the guy that coached the Bills when their defense looked promising and prior to that was the Titans defensive coordinator during their playoff years (they were statistically better than the Ravens when Baltimore won the SB and had one of the "great all-time units.") That means Portis should get more opportunities. At the same time, the Skins will probably use 3 WRs more frequently and employ that Chiefs/Rams style offense under Al Saunders. This may actually benefit Portis. His RB coach, Earnest Byner thinks Portis is in for a record year. Considering Priest Holmes credited Byner for teaching him how to be a good pro runner, that's a pretty good reference.

Barber is on the older side of his career and Jacobs did have a fair number of TDs last year for a rookie. Still Barber is the offense--everything revolves around him. If Lavar Arrington improves the defense, Barber could see even more opportunities.

I'm more of a risk-taker, so I might be inclined to go with Portis as the preseason wears on and I hear more good stuff about him and the offense in DC. I'm hoping to have a beat reporter that covers the Redskins on FFToday to answer some questions, so we'll see what he knows about Portis.

Give me your rules and I'll see if it changes my opinion which is: conservative approach, Barber. A little more risk/reward--Portis.

Ditkaholic. If you don't mind providing me your league's scoring rules, I can give you a better answer. Otherwise, the only answer you'll get is based off assumptions I can make. I'll try to assume two different ways:

If your scoring for yards gained is 1 point per 10 yards rushing or .01 per yard gained, then Barber has the better track record for all-purpose yards. Same with point per receptions leagues. Portis has a good history finishing strong, so this is appealing if you get into the playoffs.

I really think without looking at your rules, this is a coin flip situation. The Redskins defense should continue to be good under Greg Williams--this is the guy that coached the Bills when their defense looked promising and prior to that was the Titans defensive coordinator during their playoff years (they were statistically better than the Ravens when Baltimore won the SB and had one of the "great all-time units.") That means Portis should get more opportunities. At the same time, the Skins will probably use 3 WRs more frequently and employ that Chiefs/Rams style offense under Al Saunders. This may actually benefit Portis. His RB coach, Earnest Byner thinks Portis is in for a record year. Considering Priest Holmes credited Byner for teaching him how to be a good pro runner, that's a pretty good reference.

Barber is on the older side of his career and Jacobs did have a fair number of TDs last year for a rookie. Still Barber is the offense--everything revolves around him. If Lavar Arrington improves the defense, Barber could see even more opportunities.

I'm more of a risk-taker, so I might be inclined to go with Portis as the preseason wears on and I hear more good stuff about him and the offense in DC. I'm hoping to have a beat reporter that covers the Redskins on FFToday to answer some questions, so we'll see what he knows about Portis.

Give me your rules and I'll see if it changes my opinion which is: conservative approach, Barber. A little more risk/reward--Portis.

Sorry, I forgot to post the league rules. Basic rules, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, no point per reception.. 6 per TD. Last year I had the 10/11 picks and took two higher risk/reward players in Domanick Davis and Julius Jones, so I am leaning toward Barber. Which do you think is a higher injury risk? I got killed with several of my top players being hurt for long stretches last year

I might lean towards Portis here based his age and redzone carries but I believe a majority of people would tell you Barber and with good reason. Barber had an excellent stretch run last year and over the past few years he's overcome the injury bug and fumbling issues of his youth.

Portis has never really suffered a major injury and I just think Gibbs figured out what he has in Portis and hired Al Saunders as the guy to tap that potential to its fullest. If there is a player that I believe has the potential to put up yards and scores like Priest Holmes and Marshall Faulk before him, Portis is the guy.

Alexander	Shaun	16	22.74	95.21	0.00%	56.25%	87.50%	87.50%
Johnson	Larry	16	20.96	77.03	12.50%	56.25%	68.75%	75.00%
Barber	Tiki	16	19.06	72.68	0.00%	31.25%	81.25%	87.50%
James	Edgerrin	15	17.89	66.78	0.00%	20.00%	80.00%	93.33%
Tomlinson	LaDainian	16	18.95	62.65	6.25%	31.25%	62.50%	75.00%
Holmes	Priest	7	15.26	54.49	0.00%	28.57%	71.43%	85.71%
Jordan	Lamont	14	16.06	52.76	0.00%	21.43%	64.29%	78.57%
Davis	Domanick	11	15.21	52.54	0.00%	9.09%	72.73%	90.91%
Portis	Clinton	16	14.95	49.40	6.25%	25.00%	62.50%	81.25%

Standard 12-team league with your type of scoring....Portis was over 4 points per game less productive than Barber and 20% less likely to perform like a top 12 RB on a weekly basis over the 16 game stretch of 2005...let's see what happened in the second half of 2005 when Portis came alive:

Johnson	Larry	9	29.41	143.79	0.00%	88.89%	100.00%	100.00%
Alexander	Shaun	9	23.44	106.80	0.00%	55.56%	100.00%	100.00%
Barber	Tiki	9	20.90	88.24	0.00%	44.44%	88.89%	100.00%
Davis	Domanick	4	19.25	81.81	0.00%	25.00%	100.00%	100.00%
Johnson	Rudi	8	18.04	69.65	12.50%	50.00%	75.00%	87.50%
Portis	Clinton	9	16.81	59.77	0.00%	33.33%	66.67%	88.89%

Weeks 9-17, Portis was the 6th-best back rather than the 9th-best, but Barber was even better.

If you base your decision solely on last year...Barber is your guy, unquestioned. If you base it on skill level and the offensive changes, Portis has more upside.

I think you'd probably feel better about picking Barber and he shouldn't disappoint. But it's very difficult to predict injury....

Hey Wildman,

I am back to pick your brain. I ran my FFToday projections based on my leagues scoring system. At the 1.10 and 2.01 position, you previously told me to take R. Brown and Caddy if the first nine picks in my 10-team league all went the conventional RB route.

The results showed R. Brown as the 7th best RB, but Caddy was down in 18th! Actually S. Smith came in 8th in total fantasy points (barring QB's). I guess my question to you is do I keep the original plan or is it time to contemplate taking Brown and Smith at 1.10 and 2.01? That would leave me taking someone like Addai, Chester Taylor, Droughns, etc. at 3.10. That ppr is what really boosts Smith's value...

'Nutz

(P.S. I can provide you with the fantasy points if you wish to see the numbers).

Hey Wildman,

I am back to pick your brain. I ran my FFToday projections based on my leagues scoring system. At the 1.10 and 2.01 position, you previously told me to take R. Brown and Caddy if the first nine picks in my 10-team league all went the conventional RB route.

The results showed R. Brown as the 7th best RB, but Caddy was down in 18th! Actually S. Smith came in 8th in total fantasy points (barring QB's). I guess my question to you is do I keep the original plan or is it time to contemplate taking Brown and Smith at 1.10 and 2.01? That would leave me taking someone like Addai, Chester Taylor, Droughns, etc. at 3.10. That ppr is what really boosts Smith's value...

'Nutz

(P.S. I can provide you with the fantasy points if you wish to see the numbers).

Trying to find the original post, but if it's a ppr-scoring system, I'd think you have to go with Smith if the rest of the scoring system is 1 per 10 yards and 6 per TD. Then I'd take my chances one of those three...I'm higher on Cadillac than Mike Krueger, who projects Caddy at 18th, but he's probably thinking Pittman will still steal a lot of time. He's also a more cautious fellow than me. I'd say the best play is likely Brown and Smith in this scoring format. Smith's points per game (and consistency) are up there with the top 5-6 RBs in a ppr league.

Can't beat that...

Wildman,

My original post was on 6/1, but I will refresh your memory on my scoring system.

1 point equals per reception, per 10 yards rushing, per 15 yards receiving, per 20 yards passing.

Rushing TD's and pass receptions for TD's are 6 points.

Based on this scoring system, here is how the preliminary points add up:

1) Larry Johnson: 399 points

2) Tomlinson: 337 points

3) Alexander: 335 points

4) Barber: 307 points

5) Jordan: 287 points

6) S. Jackson: 279 points

7) R. Brown: 268 points

8) S. Smith: 263 points

9) R. Johnson: 261 points

10) Portis: 258 points

11) Holt: 255 points

12) Fitzgerald: 250 points

13) Westbrook: 246 points

14) J. Jones: 244 points

15) E. James: 243 points

16) C. Johnson: 236 points

16) J. Addai: 236 points

18) D. Driver: 230 points

18) D. Davis: 230 points

20) H. Ward: 227 points

24) C. Williams: 216 points

There is your top 20 or so in my league. Does Brown and Smith look good to you?

Thanks for you help. I would ask on the main board, but probably be told to come back here.

'Nutz

Wildman,

My original post was on 6/1, but I will refresh your memory on my scoring system.

1 point equals per reception, per 10 yards rushing, per 15 yards receiving, per 20 yards passing.

Rushing TD's and pass receptions for TD's are 6 points.

Based on this scoring system, here is how the preliminary points add up:

1) Larry Johnson: 399 points

2) Tomlinson: 337 points

3) Alexander: 335 points

4) Barber: 307 points

5) Jordan: 287 points

6) S. Jackson: 279 points

7) R. Brown: 268 points

8) S. Smith: 263 points

9) R. Johnson: 261 points

10) Portis: 258 points

11) Holt: 255 points

12) Fitzgerald: 250 points

13) Westbrook: 246 points

14) J. Jones: 244 points

15) E. James: 243 points

16) C. Johnson: 236 points

16) J. Addai: 236 points

18) D. Driver: 230 points

18) D. Davis: 230 points

20) H. Ward: 227 points

24) C. Williams: 216 points

There is your top 20 or so in my league. Does Brown and Smith look good to you?

Thanks for you help. I would ask on the main board, but probably be told to come back here.

'Nutz

I'd probably place Williams above Julius Jones, but that doesn't make enough of a difference to take him over Smith in this set up. I haven't run my own projections just yet (and I'm high on Williams--I think he could turn out to be a top 5 back--but he shouldn't be valued that highly). In your scoring system it might a bigger reach to take Williams that early, but I would definitely believe he'll be gone way before Addai, and Julius Jones!

Wildman,

I agree that Mr. Krueger's assessment of Caddy is a bit on the low side. I can't see how the likes of Addai,

Dunn, Droughns, and McGahee are above him. I think that I am set at taking R. Brown at 1.10, but I will have to wait for preseason to start to get a feel between Caddy, Westbrook and Steve Smith at 2.01. If I

do take Smith, then I will be looking at Willie Parker, Tatum Bell, Dunn or Droughns at 3.10.

Thanks again for the help!

'Nutz

I have a 14 team PPR draft going 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex. I had the second pick and my team looks like the following.

1.2LT, 2.13W Dunn, 3.2J Jones, All of the good WR were taken to this point and having 3 good RB in a 14 team league is a good start IMO.

My question is pick 4.13, and 5.2

Available....

D Mason

D Branch

J Galloway

T Gonzalez

T Heap

M Hasselbeck

T Brady

Who to pick?

I'm thinking

D Mason and T Gonzalez. or

D Mason and D Branch or

D Branch and T Heap

If I pass on the TE I will not get a top TE. I think T Heap will have a better year than Gonzalez but not sure how H Edwards will use the TE.

Thanks and have a great week

I have a 14 team PPR draft going 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1Flex. I had the second pick and my team looks like the following.

1.2LT, 2.13W Dunn, 3.2J Jones, All of the good WR were taken to this point and having 3 good RB in a 14 team league is a good start IMO.

My question is pick 4.13, and 5.2

Available....

D Mason Pretty good choice, but over Galloway after his 2005 season? I wouldn't take him over Galloway

D BranchHe might break out this year, but I'd wait on him.

J GallowayAt 4.13 that's a very good pick! I'd take him in a heartbeat in a PPR

T Gonzalez[

T Heap

M Hasselbeck

T Brady

Who to pick?

I'm thinking

D Mason and T Gonzalez. or

D Mason and D Branch or

D Branch and T Heap

If I pass on the TE I will not get a top TE. I think T Heap will have a better year than Gonzalez but not sure how H Edwards will use the TE.

Thanks and have a great week

I'd probably go Galloway/Heap or Galloway/Mason and get a TE later.

If it were me I'd go Galloway/Mason and worry about a TE later because the difference after Gates in PPRs for TEs is pretty marginal, compared to not having two decent WRs...

This is a little experiment that I'm hoping to develop into something regular. Obviously the FFToday Board discourages who should I start, drop, keep, questions but the Help Board has a small (but dedicated) group of people. The problem is it's small, which means too much time before a question is answered.

I'm probably not going to give you the best advice every time. But hopefully we'll get enough participation that you'll get even better viewpoints. I just want to take a little ownership of this board and see what we can do to develop it into something more substantial and helpful to owners.

If you have a draft coming up and have a question you want to post for my response by next Wednesday, post them here. For a more helpful answer, post your scoring system, starting lineup rules, roster size, and applicable information about your team along with your question. Otherwise I'll have to preface every answer or give you either or scenarios that take more time to write and prevent me from answering as many questions as possible.

Read your posts and like the info. you were giving. So i was wondering if you could analize my players and tell me who to protect. I have:

Palmer

Hasslebeck

Bell

McGahee

R. Moss

Fitzgerald

Walker

Gates

Really stuck on who to protect. I'm also thinking about trading some guys for some picks. What are your thoughts? Thanks

Read your posts and like the info. you were giving. So i was wondering if you could analize my players and tell me who to protect. I have:

Palmer

Hasslebeck

Bell

McGahee

R. Moss

Fitzgerald

Walker

Gates

Really stuck on who to protect. I'm also thinking about trading some guys for some picks. What are your thoughts? Thanks

If you can keep 5 and you start 3 WRs I'd go with: Palmer, Moss, Fitz, Gates, McGahee

If you can keep 3 and same lineup option: Moss, Fitz, and Gates

If you can keep 2: Fitz and Gates

1 Keeper: Fitz

Why? QBs rarely have a huge difference in scoring where you can't find a comparable player deeper in the draft. Bell hasn't proven to have good vision and that's so important in a back. McGahee is worth keeping if you have a lot of players to keep, but he's been up and down thus far. Optimistically, the best could be yet to come for him--but I'd rather have those receivers and TEs of yours. Walker will need another year to be 100% and Fitz, Moss, and Gates are too appealing to pass up. Fitz has the best offensive talent around him and what separates him from Moss is his ability to be productive in any passing situation--deep, short, or intermediate. Gates has been the dominant TE. I know that could change with Rivers, but it's worth the risk to keep him. I would say Gates and Moss are interchangeable if you can keep two.

Good luck.

Need help!

here are my keepers in an 8 team yahoo league...

Drew Brees QB

Mark Brunell QB

Edgerin James RB

Steven Jackson RB

J.J. Arrington RB

T. Houshmandzadeh WR

Keenan McCardell WR

It's a big league (we start 2 QB, RB, WR, and 3 Flex) so there are lots of points. We are allowed to keep on "rookie keeper" each year. I have the #1 over all pick, and as you can tell from my keepers...I stunk last year. The stud RB, QB, and WR are all kept. According to the projections, the best available RB is Westbrook, QB is Plummer, and WR is Donald Driver or Reggie Wayne.

I know this is a bad situation to be in, but I'd really like to improve my team. I really don't know whether to take one of these guys or to go crazy and pick Reggie Bush...it seems crazy to take him #1 overall, but I have some guys in my league who are stacked enough to take him first round.

Some one just offered me Jamal Lewis for the pick...I've had no other offers.

Any pointers??

Need help!

here are my keepers in an 8 team yahoo league...

Drew Brees QB

Mark Brunell QB

Edgerin James RB

Steven Jackson RB

J.J. Arrington RB

T. Houshmandzadeh WR

Keenan McCardell WR

It's a big league (we start 2 QB, RB, WR, and 3 Flex) so there are lots of points. We are allowed to keep on "rookie keeper" each year. I have the #1 over all pick, and as you can tell from my keepers...I stunk last year. The stud RB, QB, and WR are all kept. According to the projections, the best available RB is Westbrook, QB is Plummer, and WR is Donald Driver or Reggie Wayne.

I know this is a bad situation to be in, but I'd really like to improve my team. I really don't know whether to take one of these guys or to go crazy and pick Reggie Bush...it seems crazy to take him #1 overall, but I have some guys in my league who are stacked enough to take him first round.

Some one just offered me Jamal Lewis for the pick...I've had no other offers.

Any pointers??

I'll do my best...if you have a chance, give me the top 10 of the QBs and RBs available. Even with this list, I have a tough time thinking there's anyone better than Westbrook.

Westbrook sounds like a no-brainer at this point, although I'm a huge fan of Bush and think you might want to consider taking that chance, Westbrook is tough to pass up this year. James-Jackson-Westbrook is a solid-to-excellent combo. If you take Westbrook, it's a statement that you are playing for this year. If you take Bush, it's a gamble on immediate greatness but really a statement that you are building for next year.

I'll do my best...if you have a chance, give me the top 10 of the QBs and RBs available. Even with this list, I have a tough time thinking there's anyone better than Westbrook.

Westbrook sounds like a no-brainer at this point, although I'm a huge fan of Bush and think you might want to consider taking that chance, Westbrook is tough to pass up this year. James-Jackson-Westbrook is a solid-to-excellent combo. If you take Westbrook, it's a statement that you are playing for this year. If you take Bush, it's a gamble on immediate greatness but really a statement that you are building for next year.

Thank-you for your response...I will probaby take Westbrook. I'm just not ready to concede this year. I know for a fact that Bush will be taken by the guy below me, but he can afford to take that risk and bench him all year. Unfortunately, I just can't do that because I really want him for next year

Wildman-

I have a 12 team draft coming up playing the following:

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, D, DB, DL

Points are as follows:

Passing Yards (50 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (4)

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (.5)

Reception Yards (20 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

This is my fourth year in the league, and the draft order has been determined and I am 12th in the first round and first in the second, 12th in the third, etc. (back to back picks)

The half point per reception is an addition to our league this year.

My Thought Process:

I know for pretty much a fact that I am not going to be able to draft a top tier RB. Also, I tend to play defensive roulette throughout the year and I generally reserve the last four picks to fill out the defensive side of the draft. I am also a fan of QB/WR combos, and I feel like my first two picks should be along those lines, taking advantage of the new .5 per reception points. Picks 3-4 would be RB/WR, and 5-6 would most likely be another QB/WR. Top kickers in our league score between 120-160 points, and I am considering taking at least one top K early that would benefit from the initial QB/WR combo pick. Then fill out the TE's and late second and third tier WR's and RB's.

In my position, is having a couple of top reception WR's the best move for the position that I am picking in? Overall, it could mean another 100 points, which could be a difference maker.

I know that this probably seems to be an unconventional way to handle the draft, but I feel like I need to take advantage of some other things since I know that certain players won't be available by the time my first two picks roll around.

Thanks for your time.

Uncle Smashmouth

I was offered Tiki Barber & Julius Jones for Da Caddy & Randy Mcmichael. I was also offered Tiki Barber str8 up for Ronnie Brown. I honestly think that Ronnie Brown and da Caddy will be top 10 rb's this year and that Tiki is getting up there in age and that Jacobs will be taking away a lot more carries especially at the goal line. Jones might be injury prone and I heard that he will be sharing carries with M. Barber III. Any thoughts??

Im in a keeper league format that is a "2 round rule" and the "limit 3 rule"

I can keep up to 3 players from previous years roster but i give up 2 rounds higher for that player...this year.

Definately Keeping

1.) L. Johnson - Drafted 04' in the 15th round :rolleyes: Give up 11th this year for him

Not Sure About

2.) C. Chambers - Would give up my 8th round this year

3.) M. Hasselbeck - Would give up my 9th round pick

4.) C. Williams (tampa)- Would give up my 1st round pick

5.) D. Bledsoe - Would give up my 16th pick (undrafted last year)

6.) R. Moss - Give up my 1st and 3rd pick to keep him (1st rd last year so i give up 1st & 3rd)

Scenerio's

1.) Trade option: M. Hasselbeck for L. Fitzgerald? I give up a 3rd rd pick to keep Larry from his draft last year..

Points are as follows:

Passing Yards (50 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (4)

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (.5)

Reception Yards (20 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

What other 2 players should I keep?