Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Labatts

What is comparable to a Labatts in terms of taste?

hmmm Molson :lol:

Is this how your broke your laptop last time?

:clap: :ninja: :clap:

The first major difference I noticed was the smell of the beer. It was hoppier than your standard American macro brews and possessed an overall stronger aroma. A definite plus. Upon taking a sip, I most closely associated Labatt Blue with Coors Original, because it had a sort of sweet taste. The sweetness is quickly compensated by the hops, but you can't miss it. I do not particularly care for sweet beers, but I have no doubt that this will and does appeal to many beer drinkers. The overall taste of Labatt Blue, while similar to Coors Original, was more overwhelming. If forced to choose, I would select Labatt Blue simply because it has more flavor. The mouthfeel of Labatt Blue is light for a brew that isn't classified as "Light", just like Bud, Miller, or Coors. I would most definitely classify this beer as a refreshing beer, one that you drink to quench your thirst, unlike such brews as Guinness or Samuel Adams Octoberfest.

Labatt Blue is a good beer, but nothing exceptional. It provides a pleasant change if you typically drink standard, domestic macro brews, although it's more expensive than Bud, Miller, or Coors. Being as light in texture as it is, Labatt Blue would complement most fast food such as burgers, and I think it goes wonderfully with pizza. If you're looking for a beer to drink with your steak or any other strong-flavored dish, Labatt Blue is probably too weak.

I've heard many say that the Labatt Blue found in American stores can't compare to the Labatt Blue you get in Canada. I've never had the Canadian version, so I can't vouch for this, but it is something to keep in mind if you are ever in Canad

:lol:

I've heard many say that the Labatt Blue found in American stores can't compare to the Labatt Blue you get in Canada. I've never had the Canadian version, so I can't vouch for this, but it is something to keep in mind if you are ever in Canad

The Canadian version is higher % alcohol (5.8 Can vs. 3.8 U.S, i think). You can either buy one at Duty Free or I think you are allowed one case (2-4) per adult at the border.

Canadian Labatt's mmmmmm..... :pointstosky:

:lol:

The Canadian version is higher % alcohol (5.8 Can vs. 3.8 U.S, i think). You can either buy one at Duty Free or I think you are allowed one case (2-4) per adult at the border.

Canadian Labatt's mmmmmm..... :pointstosky:

I agree, I just copied and pasted the above from a website.

Heck I grew up on Candian Labatts, but Voltaire said I lived in the Suburb my whole life and not detroit

Labatt's is Canada's version of Budweiser...Nothing of real value there but they market the sh!t out of it and make you believe you are drinking a good product simply cause it's "canadian"

BFD

Labatt's is Canada's version of Budweiser...Nothing of real value there but they market the sh!t out of it and make you believe you are drinking a good product simply cause it's "canadian"

BFD

:( :P :mad: :mad: :mad: