Sign in to follow this  
TerrySilver

anybody here collect things?

Not fly lures. Real lures... like this:

http://www.pcservicesplus.com/secureshop/v...11a30c00f41e0a1

I've got a "shadow box" hanging on the wall that displays a lot of my bug lures, below my mounted bass. Looks pretty good.

Still cool.

How do you work a spider type lure. I understand the action on a traditional lure as you pull it through the water. What does a spider do?

Still cool.

How do you work a spider type lure. I understand the action on a traditional lure as you pull it through the water. What does a spider do?

I've never used it. I only buy those kind of lures for show. But that spider has a small crankbait lip on it, so it would probably dive a a foot or two before floating back up. And I bet it would work if you cast it enough times. Bass will hit anyting that moves.

I collect sports memorabilia, mostly Ali stuff. I haven't bought anything in a while though. My top two pieces are.

1. 1992 Dream Team signed ball (I actually have two of them, which I will sell sometime)

2. Muhammad Ali signed picture of him on the medal stand winning the gold in 1960

I also have a movie poster of the Godfather signed by most of the cast including Brando and Mario Puzo.

I collect comics too. I have a bunch from when I was little, then I stopped for a long time (in HS it just wasn't "cool" enough and in college I didn't have the cash.) I started collecting again a few years back.

It's turned into a $30-40/week habit.

Once I figure out where to put it, I will have to get myself a third filing cabinet, as my other two are overflowing.

I stopped for about 2 years after high school then picked it back up. I have a spare room in my house that has stacks of comics waiting to be bagged and boarded, not to mention the upstairs room that I have all my boxes of comics stored. My wife is none too happy about the spare room being filled. ;)

I know what you mean about the $30-40 a week, especially if you miss a week or two. :huh:

I also have:

Ultimate Spider Man #1 - current (I think they are worth over a grand)

Are you sure you're talking about Ultimate Spider Man? The Ultimate series only came out 5-6 years ago. I don't think # 1 is anywhere near a grand.

The men in my family tend to be collectors. My grandfather had over 4000 beer cans, beer bottles, beer steins (some of them are like 3 feet tall), coasters, bottle openers, ect. His house is almost like a small museum. He also collected those old penny's that said "one cent" on them, and golf balls with any kind of picture on it. He was a compulsive collector.

My dad collects old fishing reels, lures, and polls, and models of Ford Mustangs.

I collect Peanuts stuff and hourglasses. I used to collect sports cards.

There must be a gene for this sort of thing. :huh:

i also collect bottle caps of every beer i try. little over a hundred, since i've started collecting, but i'll keep going until i'm drunk on the last beer on earth!

:banana: