Sign in to follow this  
Badmojo1006

I thought I was stuck in the 70's tonight

My daughter and her boy friend (not boyfriend but a friend who is a boy) had their last day of school today. So they hung out, went to a movie, and now are at Senior Graduation (she is a freshman, but has a lot of friends who are graduating).

But we went out to dinner and they ran into a lot of their friends. The guys had long hair and were wearing T-Shirts from Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Stones and the Ramones. :banana: :banana: I swear I went to school with most of those kids I met tonight

Yet somehow, you are not cool for being there back in the day?

Sucks don't it? Kids these days are not very creative.

You give me hope. Maybe after a long hiatus, kids are finally getting back into listening to non-sucky music.

You give me hope. Maybe after a long hiatus, kids are finally getting back into listening to non-sucky music.

It's refreshing in a strange way.

My daughter and her boy friend (not boyfriend but a friend who is a boy) had their last day of school today. So they hung out, went to a movie, and now are at Senior Graduation (she is a freshman, but has a lot of friends who are graduating).

But we went out to dinner and they ran into a lot of their friends. The guys had long hair and were wearing T-Shirts from Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Stones and the Ramones. :thumbsup: :unsure: I swear I went to school with most of those kids I met tonight

I saw the same exact thing at a neighbors B-B-Q on Monday.....I thought to myself what a bunch of unoriginal credents.....

I thought I was on the Dazed and Confused set

Don't get your hopes up. There's still a lot of Britney Spears types that haven't yet begun to suck. :unsure:

It's because nostalgia is in style. Some kids where a Pink Floyd t-shirt and couldn't name one Floyd song.

I saw the same exact thing at a neighbors B-B-Q on Monday.....I thought to myself what a bunch of unoriginal credents.....

I thought I was on the Dazed and Confused set

Don't go knocking Dazed and Confused now! :cheers:

I went to a BBQ a few weeks ago and one of the young kids (probably 16-17) was wearing a Metallica t-shirt. I was shocked. I spent a good hour talking to him about Metallica and other rock bands. No mention of rap or hip hop or that stupid stuff they play nowadays. There is still hope for this generation.

I went to a BBQ a few weeks ago and one of the young kids (probably 16-17) was wearing a Metallica t-shirt. I was shocked. I spent a good hour talking to him about Metallica and other rock bands. No mention of rap or hip hop or that stupid stuff they play nowadays. There is still hope for this generation.

:unsure: :cry:

You know I'm the same age and grew up in the same place (8 Mile) as Eminem. F*ck all, nobody listened to that rap sh*t at all. For the teen angst crowd interested in p*ssed off anti-establishment music, it was metal.

I have been eagerly awaiting Friendship pins to come back into style.