Sign in to follow this  
grandpahoo

grandpahoofocksupthedraft

I just found out that I'm leaving for Texor Monday morning at 6:30, returning that night, then driving to the Eastern shore of Maryland Tuesday morning, where I will be most of the day Tuesday. Hopefully I'll get to pick 6.2 this weekend. I can't really do a list for rounds 7-8, as we have company coming this weekend. Best bet is for someone to leave a draft update for me on my work voicemail, along with the number of the person I should call back. I'll check in from Texas when I can (probably not that often, as I'll be doing a sex harassment investigation - I doubt they'd be too happy if I stopped in the middle and said, "yeah, yeah, yeah, it sucks that he said he wanted to t!ttyfock you till the cows come home but I REALLY need a wide receiver"). Hopefully won't hold you guys up too much.

Penneken has volunteered his services as a draft stand-in.

I'd rather try to make my picks, if possible. :thumbsup:

I guess we could just pretend we're waiting two days for bitterfrizz to make his pick. Makes it a smaller pychological adjustment.

PS. :thumbsup:

Please be very specific about your contact instructions.

1) Can we call your cell? If you're meeting with clients or witnesses do you leave it on or off?

2) How often do you check your work voicemail?

3) Similar for the two emails - which of the two can/will you check on those days?

4) Are you going to meet Twitchy or Bernie for a drink or lunch or something? We demand stories if we're gonna hafta wait on your ugly ass!

Please be very specific about your contact instructions.

1) Can we call your cell? If you're meeting with clients or witnesses do you leave it on or off?

2) How often do you check your work voicemail?

3) Similar for the two emails - which of the two can/will you check on those days?

4) Are you going to meet Twitchy or Bernie for a drink or lunch or something? We demand stories if we're gonna hafta wait on your ugly ass!

Best bet is to call my work number, tell me who's been picked, and leave a number for me to call. You CAN call my cell if you want, but I've had some issues with the voice mail. I will check my voicemails in the airport and every time we take a break during the investigation and call back ASAP. No access to email while I'm away.

I wish I could meet up with those guys - unfortunately I'm flying in and out the same day. Also, I'll be in Dennison (?), and I don't think is close to anyone here. But to be honest, I'm not even sure where it is.

Trip could still be cancelled, but as of now I'm going.

I have recently moved to Las vegas (military move) and will be returning to Ohio on June 8th to pick up my family.  June 8th to June 20th I will basically be without internet access.  However, I will have some email access via my work blackberry..but it would be just a few times a day.

I guess you guys have short memories and stuff. The fraft was set to start on the 21st for a reason, IT IS A TIP!!!!

I have not problem with a break. Have a safe trip hoo.

At least I have ONE friend.

Well, hoo. You could give me the occasional call to catch up on things. Take a deep cheatsheet with you.

:banana:

Also, Monday is the 15th anniversary of my first date with my wife. I'm sure she's going to be happy that I won't be here.

Well, hoo. You could give me the occasional call to catch up on things. Take a deep cheatsheet with you.

:banana:

Oh yeah - I'm definitely going to print out a list from some website and take it with me, so once I find out I'm up it won't take long.

O, send your phone no. to my hotmail account when you get a minute.

I wish I could meet up with those guys - unfortunately I'm flying in and out the same day. Also, I'll be in Dennison (?), and I don't think is close to anyone here. But to be honest, I'm not even sure where it is.

Only an hour north of Dallas :banana:

I say that we do the best we can to get through BNF and hoos picks for the next few weeks using the contact methods they will have and then all make an effort to be more readily available starting on the 21st so we can get through this thing.

We should be well into the sixth by next week, and that is pretty decent progress considering we weren't even supposed to start yet.

I hate waiting around for people during a draft, but when you know they aren't around and won't be around, then you don't have to keep hitting refresh.

;)

Oh yeah - I'm definitely going to print out a list from some website and take it with me, so once I find out I'm up it won't take long.

O, send your phone no. to my hotmail account when you get a minute.

OK. Just promise not to weep on the phone about missing your anniversary.

Hoo missing wife = :mad:

O = :banana: (pick someone!@)

Well this should be fun:

Today: Start drinking around 2:00. After a few beers, try to pretend I am NOT 35 by challenging people to chug. (I am a focking tool.) Cook out with a bunch of friends in the pouring down rain. Smoke a million cigarettes to maximize old man hangover.

Sunday: Wake up at 9:00 a.m. because my focking friends can't take the hint that I just want them to leave. Roll around in fetal ball while inhaling McDonalds food for several hours. Go to work to take care of all the sh!t I had been planning on doing Monday.

Monday: Get up at 4focking:30 a.m. for flight to Dallas. Immediately realize I am still hungover. Conduct sex harassment investigation while secretly wondering (1) who will be available at 7.10 and (2) whether I am going to be able to hold back the impending beer sh!t explosion that has been brewing all day. Call jgalt from bathroom stall for an update while trying not to let liquid poop soil my cheatsheet. Fly back to Baltimore and return home around 2:00 a.m. Sit on back deck reading help wanted ads and chain smoking.

Tuesday: Get up at 7:00 a.m. for drive to eastern shore.

That sound poopy.

Not as poopy as Ted's team.

How lame is it that I was sitting there hitting refresh like a mental patient waiting for someone to tell me how funny I am? Thank god you came along and threw me a bone.

That sound poopy.

How lame is it that I was sitting there hitting refresh like a mental patient waiting for someone to tell me how funny I am? Thank god you came along and threw me a bone.

Very lame. :headbanger:

Also, you should bring my work number & cell # too in case jgalt isn't around.

That sound poopy.

It is a tip that most great artists aren't truely appreciated until after they are dead.

I just read it now and thought it was hilarious.

Then again I thought a teacher telling a parent she shot her kid was funny too, so what do I know?

:headbanger:

Call jgalt from bathroom stall for an update while trying not to let liquid poop soil my cheatsheet.

If I hear a gaseous explosion while on the phone - just a warning - I'm totally hanging up. :shocking:

I guess we could just pretend we're waiting two days for bitterfrizz to make his pick. Makes it a smaller pychological adjustment.

Hey Focker :shocking:

My picks are timely. :thumbsup: