Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Nicholas Berg, beheaded American

No, I'm not religious.

yeah, so I find it odd that you bring up jesus and the bible, especially considering more people have been killed as a result of religion than any other single reason.

yeah, so I find it odd that you bring up jesus and the bible, especially considering more people have been killed as a result of religion than any other single reason.

Not by Jesus, dumbass.

Not by Jesus, dumbass.

Yeah, ok, then Bush hasn't killed anyone either so quit ragging on him

yeah, that kind of pussified attitude is for nancyboys like that Jesus guy.

Yeah, and Jesus ended up dead. A lot of good it did him. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and Jesus ended up dead. A lot of good it did him. :banana:

Newsflash: We all end up dead.

The difference is, Jesus had that whole Resurrection thing going for him. I think things worked out OK for him.......you, on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

The difference is, Jesus had that whole Resurrection thing going for him. I think things worked out OK for him.......you, on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

:banana:

Yeah, ok, then Bush hasn't killed anyone either so quit ragging on him

:banana:

in a word, interesting.

there seems to be a lot of people here wanting to project onto berg what he should be feeling. as he's gone through an unspeakable horror, i'll let him have his say without judging him or his motives.

his son did take an unnecessary risk and paid the price, but that in and of itself is not a reason to rebuke the dad in this situation. let him have his say. i don't tend to agree with everything berg said here, but i'll give him credit for sticking to his guns despite the interviewer desperately trying to lead him.

in a word, interesting.

there seems to be a lot of people here wanting to project onto berg what he should be feeling. as he's gone through an unspeakable horror, i'll let him have his say without judging him or his motives.

his son did take an unnecessary risk and paid the price, but that in and of itself is not a reason to rebuke the dad in this situation. let him have his say.

How about you STFU, this is America, we know what's better for everybody in every sitution. :banana:

How about you STFU, this is America, we know what's better for everybody in every sitution. :banana:

i'm thinking that if i'm not lucky enough to someday die peacefully in my sleep...a smart bomb dropped down my chimney wouldn't be a bad way to go, either, if you really think about it.

i'm thinking that if i'm not lucky enough to someday die peacefully in my sleep...a smart bomb dropped down my chimney wouldn't be a bad way to go, either, if you really think about it.

I was kidding above, just in case it wasn't obvious enough.

I was kidding above, just in case it wasn't obvious enough.

i caught the humor. no problem :cheers:

in a word, interesting.

his son did take an unnecessary risk and paid the price, but that in and of itself is not a reason to rebuke the dad in this situation. let him have his say. i don't tend to agree with everything berg said here, but i'll give him credit for sticking to his guns despite the interviewer desperately trying to lead him.

He does have the right to say what ever he wants to.I have no problem with that.However,he put himself in the spotlight,using his son's beheading if you will,to spout off some pretty stupid sh!t.So we know have the right to question what he is saying.

Berg's dad showed he's twice the person most of you are. All you revengemongers should pay close attention to that interview, and think about moving on up out of the 16th century in your thinking.

Forgiving the man who murdered your son is more than most could do. Turning the whole episode into your own political platform is pathetic. If you think this man is not out for revenge you are not paying attention.

Forgiving the man who murdered your son is more than most could do. Turning the whole episode into your own political platform is pathetic. If you think this man is not out for revenge you are not paying attention.

Bingo, this guy lacks any class and under the guise of "freedom of speech" has elected to make a career move through the corpse of his moronic spawn.

Me too. Unfortunately, his son died. So his testimony is unquestionable.

Drinking the Ann Coulter kool-aid eh?

This is a stupid meme even for Coulter. It is a tip that no side has gotten more mileage from the moral authority "doctrine of infallibility" horsesh!t than the righties trying to say that questioning this war or the Bush administration is somehow tantamount to denigrating the troops and their sacrifices.

Drinking the Ann Coulter kool-aid eh?

This is a stupid meme even for Coulter. It is a tip that no side has gotten more mileage from the moral authority "doctrine of infallibility" horsesh!t than the righties trying to say that questioning this war or the Bush administration is somehow tantamount to denigrating the troops and their sacrifices.

I would still like to have sex with all three of the Dixie Chicks....at the same time..... :unsure:

I have no problem with that.However,he put himself in the spotlight,

From what I gather in the article, it looks like CNN contacted him to get his reaction. So actually I think they put him in the spotlight. So, with your logic, you still don't have the right to tell him how he should feel.

I would still like to have sex with all three of the Dixie Chicks....at the same time..... :pointstosky:

And we appreciate you being willing to take one for the team and shut Natalie Maines up for five, er... two or three minutes RLLD. :unsure:

And we appreciate you being willing to take one for the team and shut Natalie Maines up for five, er... two or three minutes RLLD.

:banana: :o :huh: :cry: :thumbsup:

Perfect synopsis of how I feel about Mr. Berg. Well done.

Seems to me Mr. Berg is the one attacking and blaming. Granted, he may have just cause - but to not acknowledge his son's part in this is as irrresponsible as not speaking to the legitimacy of said argument.

I'm talking about the legitimacy of what Mr. Berg is saying about the conflict in Iraq. I wish that people who disagreed with him would challenge what he's saying, instead of writing him off as a raving loon or blaming his son for his own murder. Mr. Berg could be a raving lunatic but that doesn't make his point - that the violence in Iraq is creating more terrorists - any more or less valid. Attacking the messanger is a sloppy way of sidestepping an argument and I see it constantly in politics.

Also, regardless of what Nick Berg did to put himself in a bad situation I think it's pretty callous to call the guy an idiot. He was murdered in the most gruesome way by people who hated him solely because he's an American. I think some modicum of respect is in order. Unfortunately I get the sense that some folks around here will throw anyone under the bus if it helps their side of the argument. What happened to Berg was a symbol of the enemies hatred of us, until the moment his Dad speaks out. Now the right can't wait to impign his character.

:o :lol:

From what I gather in the article, it looks like CNN contacted him to get his reaction. So actually I think they put him in the spotlight. So, with your logic, you still don't have the right to tell him how he should feel.

Well then,you need to get more info.On another news channel,he said that he did NOT think Al-Zarqawi even killed his son.He said it was Bush that did it and just blamed Al-Zarqawi. :lol:

So he forgives Al-Zarqawi for his son's death,but doesn't think Al-Zarqawi even killed his son. :o

I blame the United Nations

No, I'm not religious.

are you trying your best to prove ann coulter right?

So who is he planning on killing? :mellow:

How is he turning it into his own political platform?

are you trying your best to prove ann coulter right?

er?

torrid's back!

:mellow:

So who is he planning on killing? :lol:

How is he turning it into his own political platform?

er?

Torrid, I read this to mean Berg would get revenge on Bush by blaming him and making it political. He never said Berg would be killing anyone. Kid should never have been where he was. His fault. End of story. :blink:

Torrid, I read this to mean Berg would get revenge on Bush by blaming him and making it political. He never said Berg would be killing anyone. Kid should never have been where he was. His fault. End of story. :thumbsup:

How is it NOT political?

That's not revenge, that's accountability.

Exactly how is it Bush's fault Berg is dead?

Exactly who said it was?

RP has arrived to suck all the oxygen and brain activity out of the board! Abort! Abort!

Exactly who said it was?

RP has arrived to suck all the oxygen and brain activity out of the board! Abort! Abort!

Mr. Berg is the one who says it's Bush's fault.

BERG: Well, you know, I'm not saying Saddam Hussein was a good man, but he's no worse than George Bush. Saddam Hussein didn't pull the trigger, didn't commit the rapes. Neither did George Bush. But both men are responsible for them under their reigns of terror. (Watch

Exactly who said it was?

Lessee, you said it wasn't revenge, it was accountability. OK Sparky, this means you think Bush should be held accountable for Berg's death because he is responsible for it.

Next.

How is it NOT political?

That's not revenge, that's accountability.

It is only political because Mr. Berg is in denial about his son's lack of common sense. He can not blame his son so he makes it political and blames Bush.

Mr. Berg is the one who says it's Bush's fault.

No, he's saying Bush is responsible. Not the same thing at all.

It certainly wasn't Janet Karpinski's fault that the CIA abused prisoners in her care. But she's still responsible.

It certainly wasn't Janet Karpinski's fault that the CIA abused prisoners in her care. But she's still responsible.

And how exactly is Bush responsible? Just because we're there? OR should he have pulled out of Iraq to save an irresponsible guys life? I'd love to know the logic behind this one, or lack thereof lol...

I give up Joe. I'm not going to argue with someone who can not admit the obvious.