Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

* Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy *

Here we go for season number 6...

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

Compiler Message Board - for support and discussion.

Thanks to MM for the long hours in the lab. :banana:

[Edit: More long hours resulted in an upgrade to version 1.1, plus Projection Pal is now available. See note below for details.]

[Edit 2: A new and final version released, plus ADP and depth charts updated as of yesterday the 19th. Plus some big news as we are running a Survivor Contest for Compiler customers, and giving away $5,000 to the winner! I'll copy the Compiler member newsletter below with more details.]

Edited by Mike MacGregor

For you early, early birds who were having trouble with keepers, please login and re-download the file and try it out. We've uploaded a fixed version of the Compiler/Buddy right over top of the old one in the member access area of the website. Let us know if there are any more issues.

Thanks,

Quick note that version 1.1 of the Compiler and Draft Buddy are now available in the member access area. For those who already have version 1.0, use the copy league profiles function (update tab in the Compiler) to get your league settings from version 1.0 to 1.1.

Although we didn't plan to release a 1.1 version of the Compiler so soon on the heels of 1.0, we noticed a few things that could be tightened up from the original release, plus the extra time provided for some more improved auction functionality. Details:

Compiler: Hide IDP cheatsheet when not in use.

Compiler: If auction minimum bid is set to decimal, round dollar values appropriately and update formatting throughout for dollars and cents. A few people have asked for this and I'm sure more use .25 cent or .50 cent min bids whereas the Compiler only allowed for whole dollar amounts previously :wacko:

Compiler: Prompt user to consider Last Player Drafted overall ranking method for auction leagues.

Compiler: Alter copy league profiles function to allow for copying from either 2005 or 2006 Compiler files.

Buddy: Improve offense and IDP cheatsheet re-ranking functions, including editing auction dollar values and re-ranking by dollars for auctions. Use this feature people. Highly recommended :banana:

Buddy: Add function to adjust auction dollar values for all players by position or from rank X to Y. Adjustments can be by dollar amount or % increase or decrease. I like this :thumbsup:

Buddy: Fix issue with keepers and auction/draft input tabs when altering draft order and display.

Buddy: Correct some Excel version compatibility issues arising from custom menus and other new items added in '06. Had a compatibility issue with a German version of Excel this morning :wall:

Also, Projection Pal 2006 is now available for download in the member access area :clap: Enjoy!

Hi! I am a member and I can not figure where I should go in order to download Projection Pal! Please help me!!

Hi! I am a member and I can not figure where I should go in order to download Projection Pal! Please help me!!

Hi spiels,

You can download Projection Pal in the same place that you downloaded the Compiler/Draft Buddy. Simply go to the Compiler page and login with your username and password. The link to the Projection Pal download is about halfway down the page.

Let me know if you are still having problems...

Thanks,

For anyone who had not purchased this, I recommend you hold of on 3 Carmel Mocchiatos and buy this. Even if you don't agree with the selections it is a great tool just to run your draft.

For anyone who had not purchased this, I recommend you hold of on 3 Carmel Mocchiatos and buy this. Even if you don't agree with the selections it is a great tool just to run your draft.

Thank you Looseafir :first:

:wub:

Just bought mine!

Couldn't wait - in about 10 days I'll know my draft position for the WCOFF and I'll want to have all my projections plugged in by then so I can start doing solo mocks. :thumbsup:

Yes, I am a sick sick man with an obsession. Like we didn't know that already. :(

I just bought this for the first time, can't wait to try it out but unable to attend the mock draft tonight, will there be another???

sorry, wrong thread! LOL

I just bought this for the first time, can't wait to try it out but unable to attend the mock draft tonight, will there be another???

Hi Pat. Welcome aboard! There will be more if there is enough interest. Unfortunately, there hasn't been too much interest so far. We did get the first one last week off the ground though, so I'm still optimistic we'll grab 6-7 more guys before the start time tonight. Shoot me an email and I'll put you on the list.

This was sent to all Compiler users last night...

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy

A Thank You, New Download and Some Big News

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

Welcome! And welcome back to many of you! Even though some of you have had the Compiler for as long as a month (wow, that was a fast month), this marks the first Compiler member newsletter of 2006. Training camps are fast approaching, and we have lots of news to share, so lets get to it.

<>==<>==<> Thank You! <>==<>==<>

This can't be said enough... Thank You for purchasing the 2006 FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy! We have many returning customers and many new recruits using the Compiler and Draft Buddy for the first time. Thanks to all of you. We're confident you've made the best under $11 investment you could possibly make this fantasy football season.

<>==<>==<> Big News - $5,000 Survivor Contest! <>==<>==<>

All right, we can't keep this a secret anymore. Time for the big news!

As a way of saying "thank you" to all of you for buying the 2006 FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy, beyond just saying "thanks", we are holding a customer only Survivor contest! And the kicker - we are giving away $5,000 to the winner!

That's right - $5,000!

Never been in a Survivor contest before? All you need to do is pick one NFL team to win its Week 1 game. If they win, then you move on to Week 2. If they lose or tie, then you are out of the contest. We'll continue every week until we get down to one last person still alive in the contest. The catch is you can't pick the same team twice. The last person standing will be declared the winner and take home the cash!

We are really excited to run this contest, especially as an exclusive offer to our biggest supporters. You already bought the Compiler so now all you have to do is join the contest. See here for details:

http://www.fftoday.com/contests/survivor.php

Login using the same username and password you used to download the Compiler. Note you can edit your picks right up until kickoff of Week 1, so you might as well join now and you can always come back later if you feel the need to. Good luck!

<>==<>==<> New Download Version 1.5 <>==<>==<>

More news... a new Compiler and Draft Buddy versions 1.5 are uploaded and ready to download. This should be the last version for this year. Here are the changes from 1.1:

> Compiler: Create auction input for minimum bid increment, for leagues with separate minimum bids and bid increments (call out to Matt S. for setting me straight here).

> Buddy: Stop the timer sound when clock is stopped or reset.

> Buddy: Fix draft data submission function.

I also updated the ADP data and depth chart data. If you run the Projection Update from 1.1, that will work to get the ADP/depth update, but you might as well download 1.5... especially if any of the above 3 points will effect your use of the program.

Remember you can copy league profiles to 1.5 from your prior version Compiler (2005 or 2006 Compiler). Go to the update tab for instructions. No point keying all those league inputs and scoring in again!

To download version 1.5, simply go back to the same spot you downloaded after purchase using the same login info. Here is the link:

http://www.fftoday.com/download/index.php

<>==<>==<> Need Help? Mock Draft Anyone? <>==<>==<>

If you are having any technical difficulties using the Compiler or Draft Buddy, or Projection Pal, make sure to check out the Compiler forum found, here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showforum=25

There is a good chance your question has already been asked and answered, plus we check in many times through the day to answer tech support questions. Questions and/or comments can also be emailed to compiler@fftoday.com.

At the forums you should notice we are trying to organize live (that's "real-time", not "in person") mock drafts for Compiler users to get some practice using Buddy with a short timer. The first one was last Tuesday. The next one is scheduled for this Thursday, July 20th at 9:00 pm Eastern. If you want to join this one, then read this thread:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=216381

If we have enough interest, then we'll organize more mocks. You can join the mock info mailing list by dropping an email to Mike at compiler@fftoday.com.

Thanks for your time! Enjoy the Survivor Contest! Have a great fantasy football season!

Regards,

Mike Krueger and Mike MacGregor

- - -

FF Today.com (www.fftoday.com)

Home of the Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy

The Best One-Two Punch in Fantasy Football!

well mike i bought the compiler, and it wont let me sign on?

i have my reciept ...what to do now?

well mike i bought the compiler, and it wont let me sign on?

i have my reciept ...what to do now?

Didn't you download it a while ago? The login info would not have changed since then. Send an email to login@fftoday.com.

Update:

- Projections updated yesterday (offense) and this morning (idp), plus the ADP and depth charts.

- We are now into weekly projection updates going forward.

- There are less than 200 people in the Survivor pool (see: contest stats). I would think even if you have no interest in the Compiler (impossible :rolleyes: ), for less than $11 it is well worth it for a shot at $5,000.

- The early bird special ends next Tuesday when the price jumps to $14.95.

Update:

- Projections updated yesterday (offense) and this morning (idp), plus the ADP and depth charts.

- We are now into weekly projection updates going forward.

- There are less than 200 people in the Survivor pool (see: contest stats). I would think even if you have no interest in the Compiler (impossible :shocking: ), for less than $11 it is well worth it for a shot at $5,000.

- The early bird special ends next Tuesday when the price jumps to $14.95.

Mike,

I looked at the "active" list of participants and did not see my sig. In order to be active do I have to make my pick now? If I make a pick now, can I change it between now and the start of the season?

Thanks

When you hit Join, it takes you to the picks page for Week 1. You have to make your pick and submit it to officially "join" and show up on the results page. By memory, I believe that is how it works.

You can however change your pick any time you want, and as often as you want, right up to the deadline.

I imagine that is one thing people maybe don't realize so they haven't officially joined yet.

When you hit Join, it takes you to the picks page for Week 1. You have to make your pick and submit it to officially "join" and show up on the results page. By memory, I believe that is how it works.

You can however change your pick any time you want, and as often as you want, right up to the deadline.

I imagine that is one thing people maybe don't realize so they haven't officially joined yet.

Thanks Mike. I'll officially join right now!

None of you stand a chance, now that I've officially joined. :wacko: :banana:

Also, this the first time I've looked at the draft buddy. Haven't spent much time with it yet, but I'm eagerly anticipating using it in a moch, if one becomes a reality.

I really feel good.Looking at other guys books and draft lists I should get at least 7 picks out of the first 5 rounds.

when are the next projections coming out? I got a draft on Saturday! =)

We just updated this morning so it is ready to download/update :huh:

I havent recrived any emails or updates mosslong bmorison@msn.com.

Hi mosslong - all you need to do is open up your Compiler and click on the "Update Projections" button. This will update all the data (projections, depth charts, adp info, etc) for you.

I would like to "Thank You!!" for the Compiler/Draft Buddy this year! I purchased it last year; but, honestly, I didn't utilize it's capabilities.

This year, I studied up and it was the smoothest Draft I've ever had. I think I'm going to charge the guy sitting next to me some $$ cause he sure did look over at my laptop a lot!!!!! LOL....

Thank you BigBlue. Glad you like it, and we appreciate your support!

Hey Mike Thanks for this . I want to ask a question though . On the new updates Fitzgerald dropped from 2 to 4 , with Smith and CJ moving ahead of him . Curious why ? In your opinion is Fitz worth taking ahead of Holt , CJ and Smith ? Will there be another update before Sat . 8/26 Thanks again :ninja:

Got the compiler for the first time back in June and have been very pleased despite not knowing how to use all of the features.

Excuse my ignorance but how do you open/use the draft buddy application?

Hey Mike Thanks for this . I want to ask a question though . On the new updates Fitzgerald dropped from 2 to 4 , with Smith and CJ moving ahead of him . Curious why ? In your opinion is Fitz worth taking ahead of Holt , CJ and Smith ? Will there be another update before Sat . 8/26 Thanks again :lol:

Hey CoachG. That is Krueger's call on the projections, but I believe the switch has to do with more consideration for the competition for opportunities in 'Zona, between Fitz, Boldin and James primarily. Also with Carson Palmer's recovery coming along a little better than expected, CJ is worthy of being bumped ahead of Fitz.

Got the compiler for the first time back in June and have been very pleased despite not knowing how to use all of the features.

Excuse my ignorance but how do you open/use the draft buddy application?

Hi VaTerp. Here is how to find/open Buddy:

If you used the self-extracting zip file download, then check the directory /Program Files/Cheatsheet Compiler/ on your computer. Both the Compiler and Buddy files should have been saved there by default, but only the Compiler opens by default when you unzip the download file. From Excel, choose File > Open, browse to that directory, select the Draft Buddy file and click Open.

http://www.fftoday.com/compiler/hg_faq.htm

As for operating Buddy, here are the basic steps from our Getting Started Help Guide:

Draft Buddy Operating Basics

1. Start on the setup tab in Draft Buddy. In the very first yellow box that indicates "Cheatsheet Compiler Filename:", input the full filename of the Compiler file you want to copy over the cheatsheets from. Note the filename must be EXACT (including the .xls on the end) and the Compiler and Buddy files you are using must be in the same directory on your computer. By default, that should be the case.

2. Complete the Team Information box by inputting the team and owner names for each team in your league.

3. Hit the Setup Draft Buddy button on the setup tab. Flipping through the tabs, the offense, overall, depth chart and IDP (if applicable) cheatsheets should be consistent with the data you had from the Compiler.

4. Go to the auction or draft input tab, depending on the type of draft it is, and start selecting players as they are acquired. This is done by first selecting the appropriate position under the Pos heading, and then the player name under Player. As each player is input on the auction or draft input tab, the other tabs in Draft Buddy will update.

http://www.fftoday.com/compiler/hg_started.htm

Do you have a schedule for "projection" updates for the CC/DB?

With the majority of draft occuring in the next week to 2 weeks, are you planning on updates a little more often? Maybe every other day or every 3rd day? Instead of once per week.

THANKS

Mike - Sorry if this is another one of those "I shoulda figured it out on my own" questions, but.... When I purchased CC/DB about a week ago, I downloaded version 1.5d. The title of this thread suggests that 1.5e was released a few days ago. Do I just download again? (Your answer may lead to another question).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you have a schedule for "projection" updates for the CC/DB?

With the majority of draft occuring in the next week to 2 weeks, are you planning on updates a little more often? Maybe every other day or every 3rd day? Instead of once per week.

THANKS

Hi jmueller. We will stick with the once a week for sure update, but will also update more often as needed. For example, we did a quick update today to account for Kevan Barlow going to the Jets, reshuffled the Jets RB projections, and downgraded Jerramy Stevens a bit due to his injury.

Never mind, Mike. I just saw the answer in a thread on the CS/DB forum.

Thanks rpwoodjr. Following up the point here for others reading, to get the update all you need to do is hit Update Projections from the Compiler.

i got the compiler, and so far it looks awesome. This is my frist year to get it. I can't save my team info though because of Marco's. I changed the setting to Medium and hit Apply, but I still can not save it using hte save button in the spreadsheet??

Hi jjarch86. If you had to change the macro security setting down to Medium (because you didn't get the Enable/Disable Macros? message when you opened the Compiler), then you need to save your file (File > Save), close and re-open. Now you should get the prompt and make sure to enable macros.