GettnHuge

Lakers vs. Celtics

NBA  

19 members have voted

1. 1. NBA

• 80's play was better
    • NBA is better now
    • rats azz

espn classic has been showing full finals games for Lakers v. Celtics...

and while I saw quite a few of these when I was a kid, it just reminds

me more than ever that today's NBA focken sucks.

as soon as the offense gets down the court they immediatly make passes

and there is movement. Seems the only movement on offense you see nowadays

is when a PF comes out to set a pick for the PG. Nobody is ever standing around

dribbling/holding the ball. How many times do you see someone like Dwayne Wade

dribble...then pass it in to Shaq who dribbles and shoots while the other 3 guys just

watch? or someone just keeps dribbling at the point until the clock runs down and he

throws up a bad shot?

and you know what else, when shots go up in this game there is a crowd of players all

fighting for the rebound, they rarely if ever cheat downcourt or wait around at the 3pt

line to see what happens.

and you know what else, the officials aren't calling ticky tack fouls in any of these games,

they are letting them play. They aren't blowing the whistle when there is some contact

during a shot, but only when the defender actually hits the arms or hands. That's also

probably why you don't see these guys crying to the officials after every call. Last week

gary payton put up a shot and billups blocked it a foot after it was out of his hands, no

body contact was even made between them...foul called on billups. There isn't anything

even remotely like that in these games.

fock the current nba :ninja:

Ahhhh, the good ole 80s. I remember those match ups fondly. I was a die hard Magic fan, and my bro was a die hard Bird fan. While that match up is one of the best and enjoyable to see over and over, today's NBA isn't too shabby. This season's playoffs was very exciting to watch because there were a lot of evenly matched teams.

ah I wouldn't throw that at Jordan, he did eventually wise up and score less points in

order to make the team better all-around. of course because of him the NBA brought

about 'touch-fouls' to cater to the stars. and his influence on the next generation of players

was to go out and score 50 points, that overshadowed what Bird-magic represented. Then

there are the high school players who were never coached and guaranteed contracts. :cheers:

I don't like the style of play in today's NBA but I have to admit this year's playoffs has focking rocked! <_<