Sign in to follow this  
Strike

*** OFFICIAL NBA Finals game 3 thread ***

I would say that Avery Johnson made some poor decisions tonight, but there wasn't anything that Riley did exceptional in this game that would point to him outcoaching Johnson.

Riley was either ballsey, or desperate when he left Wade in early in the 4th quarter with 5 fouls. The hardest decision that Riley must face every night is when to take Shaq out of a game so that his FT shooting doesn't hurt the team; that is something that most coaches don't have to worry about. I like Avery...if nothing else, he's fun to imitate (Dr. Jack, Dr. Jack...) :angry: . Still, how do lose when you are up 13 in the 4th and the opponent has 20+ turnovers?

Yup, and the main thing was the conservative play in the late 4th quarter. I'm surprised by that too, since he has a seasoned former head coach on his staff in Del Harris. I'm curious to see if he makes the same decision if they are ahead late in the 4th again in this series.

I don't think he will, but the Mavs need to come on with a lot of intensity Thursday night. I've been saying all week I didn't like everyone saying this series was already over. The city of Dallas is already planning for the parade, etc. This series is far from over.

Prediction : Avery lights up the kids at halftime, Mavs come out strong in the 3rd, and end up winning by 12.

Dallas by 12. Dallas to 3-0. That's my prediction.

The reports of the Heat's demise have been a little premature.

GO HEAT!!!

:clap: :lol: :ninja:

I don't know why Avery Johnson went away from Josh Howard after midway through the 3rd quarter. Howard was playing great, but didn't get a shot in the 4th. Johnson has been a master of making adjustments, so we'll see what he does tomorrow night. Dallas needs to win one of the next two. Winning both would be nice which I think they could, but we'll see.

is it just me or is every foul the last few minutes against dallas and miami

getting away with murder(several pushoffs)

It's just you, as is most of the whining about refs.

* Mavs were pitiful, no intensity whatsoever. Acted like this was the 2nd game of a back-to-back regular season road trip. Still, were in a position to win (and should of won) - no doubt about it. Maybe a good thing for them to take one to the gut, maybe it will wake them up and light a fire under their asses. Still in control of this series, nothing has changed there.

* Props to the Heat (especially wade). They took advantage of a Mavs team that fell asleep and did what they needed to do. I think deep down they still know they're in big trouble, and prolly out-matched. Last night proved they have to have everything go their way in order to still have a chance at the end.

* The officiating was terrible last night - for both teams. The Heat got jobbed several times on phantom fouls and the Mavs got screwed a few times themselves - the ball palm call for instance. How in the hell can you make that call - hell, Wade does it everytime he touches the ball. And Damp should have gotten teed up for hanging on the rim too.

* Overall, pretty boring game last night. In fact, most boring series of Dallas' postseason run so far.

* Overall, pretty boring game last night. In fact, most boring series of Dallas' postseason run so far.

For you, perhaps.

For those of us there, it was terribly exciting. Watching the Heat be down by 9 at the start of Q4 and then watching Wade take over almost induced heart attacks among many fans. The crowd noise was stupendous, especially when Dirk went to shoot those 2 free throws at the end.

:thumbsup:

For you, perhaps.

Jep, it was. (most of the time) The Heat are about as exciting to watch as major league baseball. If not for Wade, I would have fallen asleep.

Jep, it was. (most of the time) The Heat are about as exciting to watch as major league baseball. If not for Wade, I would have fallen asleep.

Nothing like being there, chum. :rolleyes:

:doublethumbsup:

If you really need sleep, watch Edmonton/Carolina tonight. That should cure anyone's insomnia.

Just remember one thing, without Jordan, the Bulls were boring too.

:(

As usual, ed adds in his proof of sports intelligence.

:doublethumbsup:

For you, perhaps.

For those of us there, it was terribly exciting. Watching the Heat be down by 9 at the start of Q4 and then watching Wade take over almost induced heart attacks among many fans. The crowd noise was stupendous, especially when Dirk went to shoot those 2 free throws at the end.

I think what Cruzer is saying is this series has been pretty sloppy for both teams. Tons of turnovers, bad shots, and the first two games didn't come down to the last shot. It's going to be hard to ever replace the intensity of the Mavs/Spurs series, regardless of who wins the championship.

I think what Cruzer is saying is this series has been pretty sloppy for both teams. Tons of turnovers, bad shots, and the first two games didn't come down to the last shot. It's going to be hard to ever replace the intensity of the Mavs/Spurs series, regardless of who wins the championship.

Cruzer can say whatever he wants, and he would be right -- after all, he's expressing his opinion.

In my opinion, game 3 was terribly -- almost uncomfortably -- exciting. Especially for a Heat fan.

GO HEAT!!!

Nothing like being there, chum. :(

I'm so envious! You should wear a red tee shirt at the next game so I can spot you in the crowd. :doublethumbsup: :(

Cruzer can say whatever he wants, and he would be right -- after all, he's expressing his opinion.

In my opinion, game 3 was terribly -- almost uncomfortably -- exciting. Especially for a Heat fan.

GO HEAT!!!

It was exciting being a Mavs fan. I've been excited every game, but the games have been pretty sloppy for the most part. Way too many turnovers from both teams. Game 2 was pretty boring, but so was Game 2 of the Mavs/Spurs series.

I'm so envious! You should wear a red tee shirt at the next game so I can spot you in the crowd. :doublethumbsup: :(

CN, we've been offered 2 grand PER GAME for our tix for the remaining home games :( :banana:

What do you think? That'll more than cover the cost for season tix for next year :)

What I liked about this game is that Riley now understands that he needs to make adjustments to Avery's adjustements. Everytime Avery made a move that put Dallas at an advantage, Riley called time out and adjusted. Two good coaches.

CN, we've been offered 2 grand PER GAME for our tix for the remaining home games :doublethumbsup: :(

What do you think? That'll more than cover the cost for season tix for next year :banana:

Does that include any for me? That will determine what I think... :(

I was listening to the radio this morning and this guy Dave Smith on Sporting News Radio said something to the effect of, "I wasn't surprised when Dirk missed that free throw because he's European, and in every European, deep down somewhere there is a yellow streak... a coward trying to get out." I thougt that was pretty over the top.

I was listening to the radio this morning and this guy Dave Smith on Sporting News Radio said something to the effect of, "I wasn't surprised when Dirk missed that free throw because he's European, and in every European, deep down somewhere there is a yellow streak... a coward trying to get out." I thougt that was pretty over the top.

That's just idiotic. Yes, those FT's last night were huge and he did miss one, but Dirk has proven to be a leader this year. The FT he made in Game 7 to tie the game up was as clutch as a player can get. He'll bounce back tomorrow night.

Does that include any for me? That will determine what I think... :blink:

You offering more than 2 grand???

Dave Smith == fastfish

He's been a local guy for awhile, and he just went national this week, so maybe he wants to shock some people. I've noticed he's acting a little bit different than when he had the local show.