Sign in to follow this  
swamp dog

if the tigers only play .500 ball...

they will finish with 90 wins :blink:

Which equals the # of wins they've had the last 2 years? :blink:

Can they play the royals and devil rays that much?

:clap:

Can they play the royals and devil rays that much?

yes. got about 40 or so games left against such clubs.

just two short years ago, the tigers were the royals: the team everyone wanted to fatten up on. so it really isn't a zinger to accuse the tigers of fattening up on lesser clubs--it's a compliment :lol:

They'll still miss the playoffs. :lol:

Of the AL contenders, Chicago and Detroit have the best starting pitching situations. Boston's rotation is somewhat of a mess, the Yankees starters are crap outside of Mussina, Toronto is thin with both Burnett and Chachin out, and Texas isn't going to win a division running Koronka and Loe out there every 4th and 5th day.

Oakland's rotation is pretty solid too if Loaiza has his velocity back for the long haul.

Detroit's bullpen is good too (when they're not using Todd Jones), so I think that alone will keep them contending all season long. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the wildcard, but I don't see them continuing to stay ahead of the White Sox all year long.

Of the AL contenders, Chicago and Detroit have the best starting pitching situations. Boston's rotation is somewhat of a mess, the Yankees starters are crap outside of Mussina, Toronto is thin with both Burnett and Chachin out, and Texas isn't going to win a division running Koronka and Loe out there every 4th and 5th day.

Oakland's rotation is pretty solid too if Loaiza has his velocity back for the long haul.

Detroit's bullpen is good too (when they're not using Todd Jones), so I think that alone will keep them contending all season long. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the wildcard, but I don't see them continuing to stay ahead of the White Sox all year long.

have to agree on them probably not holding off the white sox. while i'm excited about where they are today...it's still difficult to trust them. i don't think they're quite ready for prime time just yet.