Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

What's the most $ you have ever lost or misplaced?

with all the $ still in it.

On Sunday I lost my wallet. No idea where. But it had $ 118 in it. Plus credit cards, etc.

Last evening I get a call from a person who lives less than 4 miles away that has my wallet. He even volunteered to bring it to me. Instead I met him at the nearby 7-11. Everything was still in it, untouched.

So I offered the guy $ 50 for being so kind.

He refused it saying if I ever find $, to just return it to it's rightful owner. He said it once happened to him.

:blink:

with all the $ still in it.

On Sunday I lost my wallet. No idea where. But it had $ 118 in it. Plus credit cards, etc.

Last evening I get a call from a person who lives less than 4 miles away that has my wallet. He even volunteered to bring it to me. Instead I met him at the nearby 7-11. Everything was still in it, untouched.

So I offered the guy $ 50 for being so kind.

He refused it saying if I ever find $, to just return it to it's rightful owner. He said it once happened to him.

:blink:

I have never lost my wallet or my keys.

So where did you lose it?

He said his wife saw it lying along side the road by a gas station. I did get gas Sunday but surely don't remember misplacing it.

I lost my virginity once or twice.

I know a chick who lost hers hundreds of times. :clap:

Siouxsie

That chick had every opportunity to give me some and have me say nice things about her here. But she chose to be a snob so yeah, I'd say Soiuxsie. :clap:

I lost my wallet in a Boston cab once, and 3-4 days later I got a call from the police in Rowley, a town about 30 miles away, saying they had arrested a guy who had it. He tried to use my credit card at a diner (I had cancelled it). I guess he was some kind of vagrant or something, so I drove all the way out to this town and got it back with everything except the $40 or so that was in it.

Lost my wallet once, had around $200 in it. The punk kids that found it said there was only $20 in it when they found it on the road. :clap: After playing a round of golf, I placed it on my trunk and drove off. Made it about 2-3 miles from the course before it flew off. Oh well, at least the little bastages more than likely had a good time. ;)

I started consulting at a new company. my very 1st day there I was coming out of the elevator and took my new badge out of my pocket and accidentally dropped over 100 dollars on the floor.

I realized during lunch time I had lost my money, I went to my car to look, nothing, I checked my desk, nothing.

Around 2 PM, I get a call asking me to come to the front desk. I say great, lost my money, they're firing me on my 1st day. I get to the front desk and they asked me if I lost money. So they showed me on the security camera, actually dropping the money. It took them 4 hours to figure out who I was, cause they had never seen me before. I got my money back. :clap:

Around 2 PM, I get a call asking me to come to the front desk. I say great, lost my money, they're firing me on my 1st day. I get to the front desk and they asked me if I lost money. So they showed me on the security camera, actually dropping the money. It took them 4 hours to figure out who I was, cause they had never seen me before. I got my money back. :clap:

Fockin' amazing.

You work near South station, right edjr?

Some day I hope to save enough to buy a wallet, but I am too poor to afford money. :clap: ;)

Fockin' amazing.

You work near South station, right edjr?

I worked IN south station about 2 years ago, I was working for Amtrak.

Currently I work right outside of Government Center/City Hall.

I was working in Cambridge when the money incident happend.

I've had 19 jobs in the last 10 years. :wacko:

and if another company wanted to pay me more, I'd leave this job today. I can openly admit IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY :rolleyes:

I've had 19 jobs in the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

I've had one. :wacko:

Ah. I'm getting lots of leads in the Financial District and thought maybe we could do lunch if I go in there for an interview. Never mind.

I guess by the time I get a job you'll be working someplace else.

I worked IN south station about 2 years ago, I was working for Amtrak.

I was working in Cambridge when the money incident happend.

I've had 19 jobs in the last 10 years. :wacko:

and if another company wanted to pay me more, I'd leave this job today. I can openly admit IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY :wacko:

Wow. 19 job changes and you are up to a staffer in City Hall. Great work. Might wanna have less than 50,000 posts on FFT :rolleyes:

Ah. I'm getting lots of leads in the Financial District and thought maybe we could do lunch if I go in there for an interview. Never mind.

I guess by the time I get a job you'll be working someplace else.

I've had 2 different jobs in the 1 financial building.

I'm not far from there now, I could walk there in 10 mins easy.

Let me know, we can meet up. :rolleyes:

Not money, but my gold wedding band.

I have lost my wedding band 3 times and somehow found it every time.

1) Went to bar, played golden tee, set it in my shirt pocket. Several hours of boozing later, go home and pass out. Wake up the next morning, no ring. Wife freaks out, so I go buy a replacement for $400. 6 mo. later, my wife is cleaning out the closet and finds the ring stuck in a corner near the baseboard. Must of flown out of my shirt as I was undressing.

2) Went to play golf on Christmas Eve morning a couple of years ago. I hate wearing any jewelry when playing so I stuck it in my bag with my cell, keys & wallet. Finish the round and take all my stuff out and leave. Get home, realize I did not put my ring on. No luck, nowhere to be found. Christmas day, drive back to the course on a hunch and find it laying in the middle of the parking lot, just as I was about to leave.

3) Mowing the grass, take it off and set it on the bumper of my truck. Mower runs out of gas, I hop in and drive a mile to the gas station. Freak out, realizing that I left it on the bumper. find it laying in the street near the entrance to my subdivision, right where I hit a bump. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am forgetful sometimes. All 3 incidents are are the original ring. Never had to use the replacement except for the 1st time I lost my original.

Wow. 19 job changes and you are up to a staffer in City Hall. Great work. Might wanna have less than 50,000 posts on FFT :wacko:

Who taught you to read, Ray Charles? :rolleyes:

This is Boston douchenuts, Government Center/City Hall is a SUBWAY stop. you focking asstard :wacko:

Wow. 19 job changes and you are up to a staffer in City Hall. Great work. Might wanna have less than 50,000 posts on FFT :rolleyes:

He said he works outside of City Hall. Hot dog vendor.

I do not recommend his wares for reasons which should be obvious.

Let me know, we can meet up. :wacko:

Cool.

Lots of hot babes in tight skirts in the financial district. :wacko:

He said he works outside of City Hall. Hot dog vendor.

I do not recommend his wares for reasons which should be obvious.

Cool.

Lots of hot babes in tight skirts in the financial district. :rolleyes:

absolute BEST part of working in Boston.. summertime... :drool:

I see so many hot chicks everyday and usually never the same one twice. Although, I think that's because they see me and walk the other way.

Who taught you to read, Ray Charles? :(

This is Boston douchenuts, Government Center/City Hall is a SUBWAY stop. you focking asstard :lol:

So you are a security guard in a railway station...now I sense your success.

So you are a security guard in a railway station...now I sense your success.

Wow, last comic standing sure missed the boat on you.

The worst one was back in high school when I took a trip down to LA with friends and my wallet had around $200 in it. Still have no idea where I lost it to this day.

Wouldn't say I "lost" it. Left my wallet in my room with the door unlocked during a house party. Next day: $300 poorer.

Lost my wallet on Paradise Island, Bahamas during a vacay with @$300 in travelers checks, ID, etc. I'm bummed, but get the traveler's checks replaced so not all is lost. Roughly 2 weeks later a package arrived with my wallet and everything else still there. :banana: Some day I'll find a lost wallet/purse and return it intact. This karma thing can be dodgy and I don't want to upset it. :blink:

I have never lost my money.

I have found plenty of it though! Most I ever found at one time was a $100. bill lying on the ground at a yard sale I was having. Person who dropped it was already gone and never came back looking for it.

:rolleyes: = Me that day!

That's why I never carry cash in my wallet, money stays in the front pocket. Although I've never lost my wallet either.

I've lost a wallet twice

First time as a young lad,$14 in it at the movie theatre,what's worse is that my Grandmother had given me my Great Grandfather's driver's license from the 20's as a keepsake and I had it in the wallet.

Second time one of my first jobs,I had just cashed my check and had $180 left after buying a case of beer and a carton of smokes.Must've lost it in the store parking lot,at least I got my vices before I lost it.

From that time on cash has always gone in my front pocket.

I once found a girls wallet with $100, credit card and ID. Met up with her and returned it. She was cute too. Offered me $20, and I declined ... shoulda said, "You can buy me a beer sometime." or something, but I was a wuss and just said, "Someone returned my wallet once, and someone another time emptied my bank account ... so, I'll just take the karma."

i lost $600 in cash last month with no name on it and it was returned to me.