Sign in to follow this  
paulinstl

Wall Street Journal Poll. No bump for Bush/GOP after Zqeqawi death.

NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll

Bush approval rating.....37%

Atacking Iraq ...53% Wrong decision

National direction....61% on the wrong track

Control of Congress....49% want Democrats, 38% are behind GOP

Very little or no bump in popularity gained from the only good news to come from Iraq in a long while. Pretty clear indication that these numbers show a major lack of confidence in our president and his party in control of congress.

I know something that has a lower approval rating than Bush.

Rouge comets.

Where are the Republicans?

This spells major bad news for you in November.

yeah, here's your winners:

Claire McCaskill, Jay Nixon, Robin Carnahan and other state Democrats have taken more than $60,000 in political contributions from a prominent Illinois attorney who has been accused of molesting children.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported May 12 that a lawsuit filed last month in Madison County, Ill., alleges that prominent trial lawyer and Democratic powerbroker Tom Lakin sexually molested minors at his home in East Alton last summer. There are also allegations that the minors were given illegal drugs and alcohol. Lakin’s law firm also was named in the lawsuit.

The suit also alleges that Lakin’s youngest son, Kris Lakin, 22, had sex with one of the minors, a girl who was 17 at the time, and that Lakin’s oldest son and the head of the family law firm, Brad Lakin, 35, conspired to conceal the abuse, the Post-Dispatch reported.

McCaskill received six donations of $1,200 each in 2004 totaling $7,200 from the Lakins, their law firm and employees of the firm. Nixon received a total of $4,600 with two donations of $1,200 in 2004, another for $1,000 in 2005 and $1,200 on Jan. 1, 2006. Carnahan received two separate donations of $1,162.50 in 2004 from Brad Lakin and Tom Lakin.

State and federal campaign finance records also show that during the 2002-2006 election cycles, a variety of Democrats also took money from the Lakins and their firm including Bob Holden, $9,250; the Missouri Democrat Party, $13,600 in federal and state contributions; former U.S. Senate candidate Nancy Farmer, $6,000; former U.S. Rep. ###### Gephardt and his Effective Government Committee, $10,250; Missouri Senate Committee 2002, $5,000; former U.S. Sen. Jean Carnahan, $1,000; William Lacy Clay, $2,000; current state Sen. Tim Green, $1,200.

The Source is very disappointed to learn of this news. To hear that Democrat politicians are taking money from child molesters under invetigation is very disturbing. Nixon, already in hot water over his money laundering troubles with AmerenUE, will most likely be able to blame this on one of his law school buddies, but what about Claire Bear and Carnahan. They are going to have to answer some very tough questions.

:argue:

Hey Chad where are the stories about Blunt's family and his buddies getting freebies and illegal kickbacks?

Nice try at deflection, but the truth is, on the national level your party has lost it's support from the American public.

yeah, here's your winners:

:lol:

Wow, just when you think Republican douchebaggery couldn't get any more douchebaggish, they haul out something like. Congratulations on your efforts to continually lower the bar Chad. :argue:

Hey Chad where are the stories about Blunt's family and his buddies getting freebies and illegal kickbacks?

Nice try at deflection, but the truth is, on the national level your party has lost it's support from the American public.

Claire is going to lose.

Wow, just when you think Republican douchebaggery couldn't get any more douchebaggish, they haul out something like. Congratulations on your efforts to continually lower the bar Chad. :mad:

I don't know about you, but if someone in my party was accepting money from known child molestors, I would be a little disturbed to say the least. I figured the Democrats would have learned their lesson during the 2004 election. With as bad as the Republicans have been, they will still control Congress.

Claire is going to lose.

I don't like McCaskill at all. It would be fine with me if Talent got reelected. Bond, on the other hand........I can't wait for that doddering idiot to be put out to pasture.

Sorry about the bad news on Bush.

I don't like McCaskill at all. It would be fine with me if Talent got reelected. Bond, on the other hand........I can't wait for that doddering idiot to be put out to pasture.

Sorry about the bad news on Bush.

i think everyone is waiting for kit to finally retire :mad:

I don't know about you, but if someone in my party was accepting money from known child molestors, I would be a little disturbed to say the least. I figured the Democrats would have learned their lesson during the 2004 election. With as bad as the Republicans have been, they will still control Congress.

Admittedly I don't know the particulars of the case but it appears the donations predate the allegations so phrases like "accepting money from known child molestors" just comes off as yet more empty demagoguery. Never mind the fact that apparently the guy hasn't been convicted of anything yet.