Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

When there's a bad accident on the road

This morning on Beulah Road near Vienna (Virginia) there was an accident where a car hit a tree. It seemed as though every car driving by slowed down and gawked causing an even bigger back up.

I don't do that anymore. Several years ago I was gawking at a roadside wreck and saw a child who was badly injured and unconscious. I read in the paper later that the child was dead at the scene.

I didn't gawk this morning and probably never will again.

My motto is - if I have to wait, then somebody better be dying or dead.

I've been thinking about getting a new motto. :lol:

No, this rubbernecking drives me crazy.

If you are driving, you can see it before you get there. You don't need to look and see if youknow the person or see the anguish on their faces or the trademark shoe in the middle of the road. Keep driving, give your family an extra big hug when you get home, and be thankful you were'nt 20 minutes earlier.

Not only do I not look, I lay on the horn so the people in front of me get the fock out of the way.

Not only do I not look, I lay on the horn so the people in front of me get the fock out of the way.

:cry:

The psychology behind it is that you are pissed off because you've had to waste 30 minutes of your day because someone doesn't know how to drive so you are gunna at least look and see what the dummy did.

Until you see something gnarly, like a head lying on the road....then you neer look again

I try not to but if your rolling down 94 and you see a car that has flipped 20 times its hard not to look just in awe. So I do sometimes. But its only when something amazing catches my eye.

My motto is - if I have to wait, then somebody better be dying or dead.

I've been thinking about getting a new motto. :cry:

This was my motto for years. Now, I transfer the gloom to the vehicle: "There better be a totaled car up there!"

People need to learn how to look quicker. Take a snapshot with eyes and ponder it in your head. Guys do this ALL the time when they're with their SO and see a smokin' hot babe. In 1.5 seconds, you have a picture you can use for days, if not weeks and years.

"Looking at cleavage is like staring into the sun! You get a sense of it, then you look away."

Beulah is only a two lane road right? How can you not look at the accident scene?

Yes it's two lane. It was by Clark's Crossing at the curve. And the tree was 25' off the road. It's just that cars slowed down way too much. Way way too much.

I'm going right by there again in a little while. Not to look. Just working.

This was my motto for years. Now, I transfer the gloom to the vehicle: "There better be a totaled car up there!"

People need to learn how to look quicker. Take a snapshot with eyes and ponder it in your head. Guys do this ALL the time when they're with their SO and see a smokin' hot babe. In 1.5 seconds, you have a picture you can use for days, if not weeks and years.

Agreed.

I come to a complete stop in the middle of the road. Get out of my car and take pictures.