Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Round 6 Commentary

grr good pick in Benson. I wanted him this round, didn't know if he would last that long or not.

And now for the pick Bomb tried to make a killing off of. I think Benson is going to be a STUD, and it starts this year. Jones knows the writing is on the wall, that is why he wants out. Enjoy the pine Mr. Jones, b/c it's Mr. Benson's neighborhood this year.

And now for the pick Bomb tried to make a killing off of. I think Benson is going to be a STUD, and it starts this year. Jones knows the writing is on the wall, that is why he wants out. Enjoy the pine Mr. Jones, b/c it's Mr. Benson's neighborhood this year.

:banana: :banana:

If I were dan, I would have grabbed Benson at 5.05. He and Jones together have a lot of value. To have one and not the other, however, is a risky play, IMO.

If I were dan, I would have grabbed Benson at 5.05. He and Jones together have a lot of value. To have one and not the other, however, is a risky play, IMO.

but jones was already his 3rd RB i think.

you guys surprised me with this QB run. not at all what i expected, as QBs have gone notoriously low in this draft in all the past years. barring of course fumbleweed, who usually takes his backup before 9 of us take our starters, and he has to be PISSED right now.

but yeah, i passed on palmer because i was pretty confident that this QB run wouldnt happen, that there would be a TE run instead with people scrambling for RB/WRs, but this one caught me off guard.

you guys surprised me with this QB run. not at all what i expected, as QBs have gone notoriously low in this draft in all the past years. barring of course fumbleweed, who usually takes his backup before 9 of us take our starters, and he has to be PISSED right now.

but yeah, i passed on palmer because i was pretty confident that this QB run wouldnt happen, that there would be a TE run instead with people scrambling for RB/WRs, but this one caught me off guard.

I think there's a fairly big drop off after Bulger (or Manning, if you're high on him). Wasn't thrilled by the WRs that were left for me, but Bulger was a nice value.

I think with the TE run last round, we're only going to see a couple more taken in the next 2 rounds. Small drop off after Heap, larger one after the one that should be picked this round.

I don't set out to take QBs early, per se. Aaron Brooks is my starter via the June Mock, so I'm not a QB guy. It's just that in this draft, you guys tend to leave QBs on the shelf FOREVER and I can't help but pluck a few off as my pick comes up. Also, why would I be pissed?

I'm pretty much a VBD guy and I'll take whatever is there that I value. If that means 2 QBs in five rounds....I'm not afraid to do that.....nor am I afraid to wait 8 rounds to take a QB like I did in the June Mock. I take it one draft at a time.

If Jones was already dan's third back, then I see your point......

yeah at my two picks at 4.10 and 5.3, i really liked both palmer and shockey. i took martin instead, and figured to take mason at 5.3, because i was figuring both fumble and FK would pass on QB/TE and then there were would be 9 teams with two picks each again before me, each of them needing QB and TE, but with 6 guys at QB and 6 at TE that i felt good about.

i was pretty sure that, at worst, id get either a great value at QB or TE. but then fumble and FK had to go and screw it up and take 1 TE and 1 QB, so then i had to choose. i went with TE, and still dont regret it because shockey is more valuable to me than having a top QB, but im just surprised how this has all fallen out. i was pretty sure someone like bulger or manning would inexplicably drop to the late 6th.

man, first the WRs early in the 2nd, now the QBs early in the 5th/6th. whats gotten into us?? :unsure:

just had something come up guys.

BOMB, YGM

got it.

folks, looks like nan may be out for a bit, so DONT email your picks to him. hit me up instead and i should be able to take care of it. we should be able to make it into the middle of the 7th or further yet today, so keep checking in...

6.03 - WR Joey Galloway, TB

:doublethumbsup:

Hmmm I'm hoping my boy lasts til my spot but im getting concerned. :doublethumbsup:

The true value lies in another position currently, but my current need was Wr. I had two that I considered, but felt this was the direction I needed to go. Here's hoping he gets some help this year, opening him up even more. The other wideout will definitly score more. I'm hoping Joey gets two more trips to the endzone this year.

Hmmm I'm hoping my boy lasts til my spot but im getting concerned. :wacko:

im hoping your boy lasts til MY spot, so dont screw me over!!!

hey clash, do you actually get the emails i send you when its your pick?

The true value lies in another position currently, but my current need was Wr. I had two that I considered, but felt this was the direction I needed to go. Here's hoping he gets some help this year, opening him up even more. The other wideout will definitly score more. I'm hoping Joey gets two more trips to the endzone this year.

As a Bucs fan, I can tell you that we have high hopes for a certain #2 WR who flopped last year to complement and spell Joey this year. Galloway shocked everyone this year, and his age might creep up to him, but thats what everyone said last year as well. I think that #2 WR will be healthy and play like he did his rookie season once again this year....Some question marks about that pick, but its a good risk IMO.

got it.

folks, looks like nan may be out for a bit, so DONT email your picks to him. hit me up instead and i should be able to take care of it. we should be able to make it into the middle of the 7th or further yet today, so keep checking in...

Glad you liked it :wacko:

im hoping your boy lasts til MY spot, so dont screw me over!!!

LOL well I deleted the pick list I sent you so I think you're safe....I dont think this guy was even ON that list I sent you. Not sure though hehe...

actually really just hate galloway this year. i'll draft him if he falls to the 8th or the 9th, but he wont. im not interested otherwise. i dont even have a rational reason. he used to be my favorite player in the league. since then hes gotten tossed around the league like a rag doll, and ive grown tired of him. he'll hurt his toe again or something and mess up another season.

As a Bucs fan, I can tell you that we have high hopes for a certain #2 WR who flopped last year to complement and spell Joey this year. Galloway shocked everyone this year, and his age might creep up to him, but thats what everyone said last year as well. I think that #2 WR will be healthy and play like he did his rookie season once again this year....Some question marks about that pick, but its a good risk IMO.

Fumble took him two spots higher in the June Mock, and this is well within his ADP. I'm banking on that young'un to help Joey. It would be nice to see them having to back off the doubles some.

I like Tater Bell, but didn't think Dayne would go this high. Thought about getting him as a handcuff somewhere down the road, but there goes that. I still think he'll flop this year.

is JB around??? I'm about to take a lunch break for a half hour. I think I'll email da bomb my choices just in case.

jeez, galloway and dayne. pardon me while i go hurl in the bathroom...

I don't think you would like my June Mock team very much....... :huh:

ok bomb emailed you my two choices. i'll be back in a bit. thanks man.

who ya got? :thumbsdown:

:mad: Based on your feedback this round, I'm afraid to tell..........

as long as you didnt take a backup QB in the 5th or 6th round, it cant be too bad, can it? :thumbsdown:

got lists from both erb and falco -- anyone heard from jb in awhile?

Sorry Clash, that is a terriable pick IMO. 1) too early, not extremely early, but for a guy who's stock seems to be falling some, to take him earlier then he normally seems to be going is a major reach. 2) the guy is just not very good. He has blown every pro opportunity to date, I don't see him taking advantage of this one. Dayne will not gain 500 yds this year IMO.

Damn, JB hasn't picked yet?? Hmmmmmmmm :unsure:

I'm back Bomb. I'll make the call once JB makes his...

terriable

Miller's at it again..........

as long as you didnt take a backup QB in the 5th or 6th round, it cant be too bad, can it? :unsure:

got lists from both erb and falco -- anyone heard from jb in awhile?

I took both Galloway and Dayne....although Dayne was in the 8th round, not the 6th.

i can handle dayne in the 8th. there, hes just one of the many upside type RBs that go, and i would probably venture a risk on him at that point too if i had the pick to blow. but at 6.4, and it seems as a RB3, the pick is just no good imo. there are still starters out there. has dayne had even more than like 3 decent nfl games in his career?

i can handle dayne in the 8th. there, hes just one of the many upside type RBs that go, and i would probably venture a risk on him at that point too if i had the pick to blow. but at 6.4, and it seems as a RB3, the pick is just no good imo. there are still starters out there. has dayne had even more than like 3 decent nfl games in his career?

Well, in his defense, the only time they turned him loose last year, he didn't disappoint (Thanksgiving). I'm not aware of Denver really letting him carry the load last year much, so you can't fault him for what happens on the sidelines.

Well, in his defense, the only time they turned him loose last year, he didn't disappoint (Thanksgiving).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

read that sentence again.

:clap:

I doubt it. People are high off his big game last season, I think it was a playoff game where he had like 90 some yards and one big 30 yard run or so....cant remember...That and the fact he's in Denver, where anyone can rush for 1000+ yards. I think Bell is far better....

And we come again to a crashing halt. :bench:

One damn pick away too....mother effer. :bench:

And we come again to a crashing halt. :bench:

I would assume at the two-hour mark, we make alternative arrangements for this pick, correct?

I would assume at the two-hour mark, we make alternative arrangements for this pick, correct?

yeah, nan isnt around, so im watching closely. if i dont see any action by 230 central, i think we should put in a pick for him. i have a guy in mind who makes sense.

yeah, nan isnt around, so im watching closely. if i dont see any action by 230 central, i think we should put in a pick for him. i have a guy in mind who makes sense.

It would be nice if we could get somebody outside of this mock to make the pick....but that may not be possible.