Vikings4ever

Round 6 Commentary

general thoughts on Rhodes pick?

early?right?late?

The pick overall?

early?right?late?

The pick overall?

Right around when he should have been picked, but there's one RB I would have taken ahead of him.

pretty happy with the lee evans selection. he was the 2nd best WR on my board at my last pick long ago, behind mason. hes had 8 TDs a year his first two seasons and lower yardage. if he can increase that yardage this year even to 1000 and keep with the TDs, he'll make a fine fantasy WR. he looks like a prime 3rd year breakout guy to me. some consistency at QB and better play overall as a team (how can they not be better?) should mean improved yardage. im expecting something like 1050/8 from evans, but hes a very high upside guy for me who i could see sneak into the top 10 if he gets a good connection going with holcomb.

ideally wouldve been a 3rd WR for me, but the RBs going so early along with my stud TE pickup meant that i had to wait.

in hindsight, if i knew i couldve waited on TE and got one of the two left here that i still like... hmm... i think i like my pair of shockey/evans better than mason/TE-to-be-named. i also almost took carson palmer over curtis martin, but i waited because i expected QBs to slide. the QBs didnt slide like i expected, but i wouldve been seriously hurting at RB if i waited til now for a backup, and i think i can make do without a ton of dropoff from palmer still.

hey DB I went and emailed you my picks for the 7th round, just in case we get there. I would definitely appreciate it if you hit me up with an email before my pick! Thanks bro, peace out yall and happy drafting.

V4E/BOMB

think i know the rb and te you're talking about...we'll see after they come off the board.

One I like alot, the other just not high on this year.

Crap. There goes one of my picks.....thanks a lot, Bomb. :blink:

pretty happy with the lee evans selection. he was the 2nd best WR on my board at my last pick long ago, behind mason. hes had 8 TDs a year his first two seasons and lower yardage. if he can increase that yardage this year even to 1000 and keep with the TDs, he'll make a fine fantasy WR. he looks like a prime 3rd year breakout guy to me. some consistency at QB and better play overall as a team (how can they not be better?) should mean improved yardage. im expecting something like 1050/8 from evans, but hes a very high upside guy for me who i could see sneak into the top 10 if he gets a good connection going with holcomb.

Actually, you should be hoping Losman wins the job.

Evans 2005:

48 receptions, 743 yards, 7 TDs

Evans w/Losman (9 games):

29 receptions, 494 yards, 5 TDs

Evans w/Holcomb (7 games):

19 receptions, 332 yards, 2 TDs

Evans projected w/Losman:

52 receptions, 878 yards, 9 TDs

Evans projected w/Holcomb:

43 receptions, 759 yards, 5 TDs

i dont care who wins the job, just so long as they keep it. need some consistency. evans was so inconsistent last year that its hard to really extrapolate much of anything for him. heck, take away his one huge 120 yards and 3 TDs game, and he had a pretty awful year. he wasnt really a fantasy WR starter at any point last season. i just think hes a guy whos going to come around.

again, makes me nervous as my WR2, but thats what happens when you take a stud TE early. im looking back to WRs i couldve taken at 4.10 instead, and there arent too many that wouldve made me any more comfortable. WRs, such a crapshoot. thats why you gotta take the sure bets up top.

erb, got your email. what happened to fantasy king?

ideally wouldve been a 3rd WR for me, but the RBs going so early along with my stud TE pickup meant that i had to wait.

in hindsight, if i knew i couldve waited on TE and got one of the two left here that i still like... hmm... i think i like my pair of shockey/evans better than mason/TE-to-be-named. i also almost took carson palmer over curtis martin, but i waited because i expected QBs to slide. the QBs didnt slide like i expected, but i wouldve been seriously hurting at RB if i waited til now for a backup, and i think i can make do without a ton of dropoff from palmer still.

For the record I liked the Evans pick. I seriously considered him at 6.07, but I have two other receivers that I am high on that I know I can get a round or two later. I think you're better off with Shockey/Evans than Mason/TE. And thanks, also for not grabbing Palmer so I could get him. :lol:

WRs, such a crapshoot. thats why you gotta take the sure bets up top.

Agreed.....or you stockpile them late and hope a couple pan out.

Agreed.....or you stockpile them late and hope a couple pan out.

:lol:

I've tried this strategy in the past and it can work.

Last year it seemed like the surefire picks disappointed (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens) while some mid-round picks shined (Santana Moss, Hines Ward, Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, Joey Galloway).

Does it happen again this year?

:lol:

I've tried this strategy in the past and it can work.

Last year it seemed like the surefire picks disappointed (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens) while some mid-round picks shined (Santana Moss, Hines Ward, Steve Smith, Plaxico Burress, Joey Galloway).

Does it happen again this year?

There's always more than a few WRs from the mid/late rounds that shine. The problem is that there's so many of them, finding the rights ones are a pain in the ass.

There's always more than a few WRs from the mid/late rounds that shine. The problem is that there's so many of them, finding the rights ones are a pain in the ass.

I guess luck comes into play more often than we'd like to admit. I have found myself drafting players i did not intend on drafting at all turn out to carry my team all year.

early?right?late?

The pick overall?

I think you blow ya polesmoker. :lol: ;)

Pick forthcoming

well i expected to get roasted and thought it would be worse.... :blink:

so here we go........

main points

1. 2200+ yds. and 20-25 TD's are coming out of denver rbs in 2006

2. unless the team trades lelie for another back ( doubt it happens now at this point) dayne will be taken the " anderson " role from last year...they didn't draft a back nor have they signed any major name in free agency so that's a big hint to me...

3. dayne is one cut back and is a great fit for denver's zone blocking system...if orlandis gary can get 1000 yards out of it i certainly believe the ALL-TIME leading risher in college football history can

4. denver...nine of the last 11 seasons the Broncos ranked top 10 in ypc as a team.......

5. bell cannot carry the load and production falls after 10-15 touches....he's soft and very injury prone...he hasn't proven anything as well

dayne carries value.....possibly only for one year.... but this is his shot...based on the current situation and the scoring format here..i think he's a legitimate candidate for top 25 back and #3 rb....he is in arguably the best possible system for rbs to succeed..

would i actually have the guts to make this pick if this were a league...i don't know...i likely would have waited...but in this mock i'll take a gamble here at 6.4 with what is left as #3 back

btw nice pick with evans da bomb

Right back at ya NAn

Take away my handcuff for Addai, you get no handcuff for Foster! Punk! :blink:

LOL

thought about getting deangelo with my pick, but just felt beter to have my eggs in more than one basket.

call it a draw King. :thumbsup:

LOL

thought about getting deangelo with my pick, but just felt beter to have my eggs in more than one basket.

call it a draw King. :blink:

If this were a real league, I would feel a trade happening real soon. :thumbsup:

If this were a real league, I would feel a trade happening real soon. :cheers:

No doubt.

well i expected to get roasted and thought it would be worse.... :cheers:

so here we go........

main points

1. 2200+ yds. and 20-25 TD's are coming out of denver rbs in 2006

2. unless the team trades lelie for another back ( doubt it happens now at this point) dayne will be taken the " anderson " role from last year...they didn't draft a back nor have they signed any major name in free agency so that's a big hint to me...

3. dayne is one cut back and is a great fit for denver's zone blocking system...if orlandis gary can get 1000 yards out of it i certainly believe the ALL-TIME leading risher in college football history can

4. denver...nine of the last 11 seasons the Broncos ranked top 10 in ypc as a team.......

5. bell cannot carry the load and production falls after 10-15 touches....he's soft and very injury prone...he hasn't proven anything as well

dayne carries value.....possibly only for one year.... but this is his shot...based on the current situation and the scoring format here..i think he's a legitimate candidate for top 25 back and #3 rb....he is in arguably the best possible system for rbs to succeed..

would i actually have the guts to make this pick if this were a league...i don't know...i likely would have waited...but in this mock i'll take a gamble here at 6.4 with what is left as #3 back

btw nice pick with evans da bomb

I think your making a lot of faulty assumptions here on Dayne:

1. The yardage out of Denver I can agree on, but you just can't assume 20-25 TD's IMO. Sure they had 25 last year, they also had 13 the year before. Last year they had a great combo in Bell/Anderson, Dayne simply is not Anderson. He had one great 55 yd run last year, that's it!

2. This is the Rat we are talking about. He thrives on taking an unknown and makes him known. Rember this name: Mike Bell, UFA rookie out of Arizona. Predraft was widely considered a 3rd - 5th rd pick, but fell out of the draft for some reason, enter the Rat, wasted no time in picking this kid up. Fits the system well, IMO, is one to keep an eye on. There are always people in Denver that can take the job, noone is safe.

3. And so could Mike Bell or Cedric Cobbs or joe blow.....Dayne has never taken advantage of any pro opportunity he has been given, why would he start now?

4. And someone will produce, it just won't be Dayne. Bell will carry the majority of the load, but they will have someone else in there for some carries, but it won't be Dayne.

5. And we know that Bell's production goes down after 15 carries how?? His carear high is only 17, kinda hard to say that is goes down after 15 when there is not a smaple that proves or disproves this. If anything, we just don't know b/c he hasn't had the shot. The soft and injury prone is subjective, Dayne is the definition of soft, so not sure where he has an advantage there. And saying Bell has not proven anything is misleading as well, he excelled in the role given to him last year. He eclipsed Dayne's Carear highs in ru yds and TD's in just his 2nd year and in only 1 start. In splitting carries he had over 900 yds and 8 TD's, and hs averaged 5.3 ypc over his 2 year carear. That's a decent start IMO. Dayne on the other hand has a carear ypc of 3.7.

I don't trust Shanny here and I don't trust fat boy.

sorry to do this again, but this is my last try. i know some of u have already said they are doing things this weekend, but if some of u will be checking the bored this weekend, i am in the Jerry Porter league. if i can send someone a predraft list so they can make some picks on behalf of me it would be very much appreciated. our draft is moving slow, so u wont have to make too many picks at all, besides i will send u all the options in order of who i want to be drafted. if u will be around, it wont take long so please let me know.

thanks

-EB11

ellison......I won't be able to help you this weekend....but you might suggest to the guys that picks be suspended during that time. I have never been a big believer in expecting people to check in during a weekend on a computer draft, mock or otherwise. Just a thought.

sorry to do this again, but this is my last try. i know some of u have already said they are doing things this weekend, but if some of u will be checking the bored this weekend, i am in the Jerry Porter league. if i can send someone a predraft list so they can make some picks on behalf of me it would be very much appreciated. our draft is moving slow, so u wont have to make too many picks at all, besides i will send u all the options in order of who i want to be drafted. if u will be around, it wont take long so please let me know.

thanks

-EB11

When you going to be away again?

thanks

-EB11

I would love to help, but it will be all I can do to cover my own draft over the weekend, as I am always out of town at my girlfriends house. I would hate to let you down or incur the wrath of others for letting you down.

When you going to be away again?

i will be gone friday morning until sunday afternoon. anybodys help would be appreciated.

i will be gone friday morning until sunday afternoon. anybodys help would be appreciated.

I'll be out golfing Saturday in the morning and early afternoon, but should be around on an off the rest of the day. As long as they can handle not getting a pick from you during that time send me the info and I'll lend a hand.

As long as i can make smart ass comments to Scooter and get him all pissed off, count me it <_<

miller_time_19@yahoo.com

I'll be out golfing Saturday in the morning and early afternoon, but should be around on an off the rest of the day. As long as they can handle not getting a pick from you during that time send me the info and I'll lend a hand.

As long as i can make smart ass comments to Scooter and get him all pissed off, count me it <_<

miller_time_19@yahoo.com

thanks millertime, greatly appreciated! ill send u the list of players i want to be drafted in order. ill explain in the email that i should send tomorrow night maybe.