Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

Round 13-14 Commentary

I realize Atlanta is not a hotbed for WRs (that's an understatement), but White has got a good shot there to be the #1 guy....a nice find for the 13th round.

With some veteran WRs in the fold, I will likely add one more WR and it too will be somebody young with some upside.

I realize Atlanta is not a hotbed for WRs (that's an understatement), but White has got a good shot there to be the #1 guy....a nice find for the 13th round.

With some veteran WRs in the fold, I will likely add one more WR and it too will be somebody young with some upside.

this was my strategy for this pick as well, only i thought i'd take the actual #1 WR for atlanta. B)

this was my strategy for this pick as well, only i thought i'd take the actual #1 WR for atlanta. B)

I thought Alge Crumpler was already taken? :sleep:

I thought Alge Crumpler was already taken? :pointstosky:

eh, michael jenkins is slow enough, he must be a tight end, isnt he? must be related to mike williams. <_<

There was a steadier guy who's probably better week to week but who's ceiling is limited, but I'm looking for big risk/reward guys (see Mo Morris) at this pt in draft and for me, that's Williamson.

Bomb...your homer take please.

Bomb...your homer take please.

Missed camp so far after having an abscess removed from his hip. Still raw, but may become the #2 in Minnesota.

I expect a year better than last year (but not a ton better), and a break out season next year.

Missed camp so far after having an abscess removed from his hip. Still raw, but may become the #2 in Minnesota.

I expect a year better than last year (but not a ton better), and a break out season next year.

Good stuff V4E and my bad for not asking for your take.

I actually agree with your take of a next year breakout (I could see him fitting my formula this year), but again, looking for upside at this pt.

i pretty much agree with what v4e said. williamson was on my list of about 7 or 8 WRs to take. hes a guy i would put out there in a pinch and hope that he gets one of the 5 or 6 bombs he'll catch this season that week. sorta like playing craps. for now, i think thats all he is, is a bomb threat. something like 6 or 700 yards at most probably, with a handful of TDs. he'll get you 2 or 3 points several weeks in a row, and hopefully 10-15 the week you play him. by the end of the year, most minnesota fans expect him to have worked into a starting role perhaps, but he wont be breaking out until at least next year. he was incredibly raw coming out of college and still is, and there are a lot of other veteran options for now.

uh oh - jb picked brandon lloyd, and he is gone already. jb if youre around, try to make a different pick.

I was hoping Williamson would slip past you guys.

Pretty dumb of me. No one slips past you guys. :banana:

I was hoping Williamson would slip past you guys.

Pretty dumb of me. No one slips past you guys. :banana:

dont worry, you just keep waiting on WRs. eventually the right guy will be there... :banana:

dont worry, you just keep waiting on WRs. eventually the right guy will be there... :banana:

I have five now........how many would you have me select? :banana:

I have five now........how many would you have me select? :banana:

haha, im just having some fun... :banana:

uh oh - jb picked brandon lloyd, and he is gone already. jb if youre around, try to make a different pick.

im guessing he didnt notice this and may not be around in the morning to fix it before we can get moving. nan, i see you here... maybe we ought to give him someone else or something? i know its just bad timing again for jb, but id hate to see us stall in the morning and not finish.

what time will you be on in the morning bomb? (eastern time)

what time will you be on in the morning bomb? (eastern time)

Give him a half hour to hour depending on if there's folks around to pick, then pick for him.

JB

Just want you to know it's not personal w/us picking for you a few times as I appreciate you initially cleaning things up here/stepping in and agree with Fumble that you have been a victim of bad timing for many of your picks.

We're just trying to keep things moving, especially with us trying to finish things out Friday.

Has Randle El been picked? If not, he can have Randle El......same team, very similar value.

this was my strategy for this pick as well, only i thought i'd take the actual #1 WR for atlanta. :doublethumbsup:

Then you missed him. It will be Roddy :P

Roddy was considered with Rivers in round 12. i hoped he fall back to me in the 13th. I needed to grab the Qb.

sorry for focking this all up guys. i'm usually far more ff-responsible...just had a tough week. :unsure:

sorry for focking this all up guys. i'm usually far more ff-responsible...just had a tough week. :(

Off with his head!!! :huh: :lol:

:D :unsure:

it's all good......

Then you missed him. It will be Roddy :unsure:

Roddy was considered with Rivers in round 12. i hoped he fall back to me in the 13th. I needed to grab the Qb.

any reason you guys are sure it will be white and not jenkins?

white's stats last year: 29 catches for 336 yards and 3 TDs... didnt really do anything til week 4, so we'll say he did that in about 13 weeks of work. started with a catch or two, and increased that to 2-3 down the stretch with 4 in the finale.

jenkins's stats last year: 36 catches for 508 yards and 3 TDs... and he was hurt in the middle, so that was in 14 weeks of work. had at least 3 catches in eight games including four with at least 4 and two with 5.

just not sure what makes one believe it would be roddy. jenkins has had an extra year to mature and work with vick, he had a higher ypc last year, and he had more catches. and if you argue that white was gaining steam down the stretch, so was jenkins.

i actually would like to pick up the falcons #1 WR and have been targetting him late in drafts, so sadly this is important to me. what else does anyone know about this situation?

any reason you guys are sure it will be white and not jenkins?

white's stats last year: 29 catches for 336 yards and 3 TDs... didnt really do anything til week 4, so we'll say he did that in about 13 weeks of work. started with a catch or two, and increased that to 2-3 down the stretch with 4 in the finale.

jenkins's stats last year: 36 catches for 508 yards and 3 TDs... and he was hurt in the middle, so that was in 14 weeks of work. had at least 3 catches in eight games including four with at least 4 and two with 5.

just not sure what makes one believe it would be roddy. jenkins has had an extra year to mature and work with vick, he had a higher ypc last year, and he had more catches. and if you argue that white was gaining steam down the stretch, so was jenkins.

i actually would like to pick up the falcons #1 WR and have been targetting him late in drafts, so sadly this is important to me. what else does anyone know about this situation?

Reports out of Atlanta since the end of the season suggest that White is becoming the more impressive of the two receivers.....at least the reports that I've taken time to read.

Who really knows for sure..........

Reports out of Atlanta since the end of the season suggest that White is becoming the more impressive of the two receivers.....at least the reports that I've taken time to read.

Who really knows for sure..........

that would be nice. im an atlanta fan, and i certainly like white a lot more than i like jenkins. white strikes me as more of a long ball threat, ie more inconsistent, whereas jenkins strikes me as the guy who will get more catches and TDs. but lets be honest, theyre both worthless. God bless the 13th round! :lol: :lol:

remote - im paging miller, and i have a picklist for v4e so you should be up soon.

erb/falco - after remote picks, i have picks for clash and jb as well, so you guys will be up not long after.

What the hell, I like my WR's plenty, can always use a couple long shots at RB to round out the roster. So I took a couple rookies who have starters in front of the them with injury/age concerns. Never been one to give a rip about back-up TE's, I can find them on the WW during the season or with my last pick, would rather try to hit it big then take a 400 yd 3 TD TE.

Okay guys, I'm gone for the day so if someone wants to pick for me feel free to do so. Sorry I couln't finish.

Okay guys, I'm gone for the day so if someone wants to pick for me feel free to do so. Sorry I couln't finish.

hope everything goes well for you, dz. thanks for the heads up.

ETA - hey nan, at this point, like half of the group is MIA and has just sent lists or instructed me to pick. since we're just sorta loading up the end of the roster anyways, anything against just calling this one in 14 rounds? i mean, i was really looking forward to drafting tarvaris jackson in the 15th, but i think we're just as good with 14.

i currently have pick lists for clash, i have my own picks, and i have instructions from jb, FK, and dz to make picks for them. im happy to just finish the 15th round too, but its just going to end up being me filling out rosters for the most part. :banana:

14 is fine...without kickers/defenses this is more like a 16 rnder anyway and think we did what we aimed to do: get insight into players/draft positions/value/etc.

no biggie, but if were switching to 14, I'm gonna switch my last pick to a b/u TE that is still there, i was just going to grab him in the 15th, but will change it to balance my roster since we are finishing.

OK, Jerious Norwood is available, took Pope. If someone has an issue with it, I'll swich it back, don't really care either way. Just wanted it to appear like a balance roster. :thumbsup:

no biggie, but if were switching to 14, I'm gonna switch my last pick to a b/u TE that is still there, i was just going to grab him in the 15th, but will change it to balance my roster since we are finishing.

OK, Jerious Norwood is available, took Pope. If someone has an issue with it, I'll swich it back, don't really care either way. Just wanted it to appear like a balance roster. :thumbsup:

that's fine Miller, personally I doubt I take a b/up te...at this pt I wouldn't in a real draft.

thought you didnt want a TE with 400 yards and 3 TDs? :thumbsup:

i updated it in the pick thread.

i could pick for jb here, as per his post, but neither of the next two guys have been around anyways.

i could pick for jb here, as per his post, but neither of the next two guys have been around anyways.

if you have jb's pick, go ahead and post...I'll be around and dz said we could pick for him.

We could have this thing done my noon (pacific) and start on final commentary.

I don't, but I like having a b.u at least on my roster. Plus Pope is the one guy I like his upside of. Was just going to make him the last pick of the draft, but will add him here instead.

I'll be around to pick as soon as erb picks.

It's been fun guys. Thanks for the opportunity to be in this, I hope to do it again next year.

and sorry for the holdup the first couple rounds.

:(

Shane, see you on...if you're going to go leave for even an hour or so, maybe send a 2 pick list to bomb or me so we can keep it moving after erb picks?

Shane, see you on...if you're going to go leave for even an hour or so, maybe send a 2 pick list to bomb or me so we can keep it moving after erb picks?

I'll be around all day. And I'll stay until he picks. No worries.