Sign in to follow this  
Tarheel Boy

Mock NBA draft link

Tyrus Thomas, Brandon Roy, and LaMarcus Aldridge will be the only players that will have significant impacts in the NBA from this extremely weak draft class. Maurice Ager could be a steal if he's still availale around the 20th pick.

Tyrus Thomas, Brandon Roy, and LaMarcus Aldridge will be the only players that will have significant impacts in the NBA from this extremely weak draft class. Maurice Ager could be a steal if he's still availale around the 20th pick.

Thanks for the expert analysis. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the expert analysis. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you always show such high basketball IQ. I proved my points on Williams and Dook well before last season and you can't stand I was right once again. You were made an idiot by Uh Huh about Shaq. Let me know when you can at least prove you're nothing more than a bandwagon little biotch and then maybe I'll consider any of your basketball comments worthy of any substance.

Yeah, you always show such high basketball IQ. I proved my points on Williams and Dook well before last season and you can't stand I was right once again. You were made an idiot by Uh Huh about Shaq. Let me know when you can at least prove you're nothing more than a bandwagon little biotch and then maybe I'll consider any of your basketball comments worthy of any substance.

Yeah, because Miami won the championsip I was proven an idiot? Cause Shaq had such a huge impact in that series :thumbsup: . THey could have saved themselves $20 million by having Mourning be their starting center and still won the championship. LOL. And I don't know why you keep bringing up Shelden Williams. When did I ever say he was the second coming of anyone? He's a nice player but nowhere near the player that many NBA players from Duke are. Quite honestly, I think he's going to be a disapointment in the NBA. But whatever. We'll see if any of those other players makes an impact in the NBA. I'm gonna guess you don't watch much west coast BB cause if you did you'd realize that Farmar is gonna be a very good NBA point guard. At least I'm aware that there are 65 teams in the NCAA tournament lol.

I never consider the play in game part of the 64 team field, genius. Never have and never will and I've stated that numerous times on here before. You'll just lie though and said I never said that either. :thumbsup: You're as pathetic as GFIAFP in that you spin everything you say around. Whatever floats your boat, bandwagon boy. And I've seen Farmar play and I don't think he'll be a signficant player in the pros. What's your point? Where's that expert analysis from you? Maybe you're getting ready for Dook football. Oh, that's right. They suck, so you're not a fan of them. Continue your campaign of bandwagoness.

I never consider the play in game part of the 64 team field, genius. Never have and never will and I've stated that numerous times on here before. You'll just lie though and said I never said that either. :thumbsup: You're as pathetic as GFIAFP in that you spin everything you say around. Whatever floats your boat, bandwagon boy. And I've seen Farmar play and I don't think he'll be a signficant player in the pros. What's your point? Where's that expert analysis from you? Maybe you're getting ready for Dook football. Oh, that's right. They suck, so you're not a fan of them. Continue your campaign of bandwagoness.

You're asking where my analysis is from? Where's yours from? Reading a magazine? And who cares whether YOU consider the play in game part of the tournament. It IS a part of the tournament. And I notice that wasn't your response when I corrected you in the other thread. You acknowledged that it was. So now you're changing your tune? Talk about spinning. You should go hang out with Torridjoe :D. As far as Farmar goes, I've watched him play since high school so yeah, I've seen him quite a bit.

You're asking where my analysis is from? Where's yours from? Reading a magazine? And who cares whether YOU consider the play in game part of the tournament. It IS a part of the tournament. And I notice that wasn't your response when I corrected you in the other thread. You acknowledged that it was. So now you're changing your tune? Talk about spinning. You should go hang out with Torridjoe :lol:. As far as Farmar goes, I've watched him play since high school so yeah, I've seen him quite a bit.

The reason why I didn't in the other thread is because it's pointless to try and have a conversation with you. And if I didn't follow West Coast basketball why did I say Roy will be a great player in the pros? Last time I checked Washington was in the PAC 10. You do have a definite history of reading only things you want to read, so I chalk it up to your usual ignorance. I thought I would maybe just maybe give you a second chance to prove you could provide something of basketball substance, but yet again you can't. What a shame. I know you love following me from thread to thread as that gets your rocks off obviously, but unless you can provide some sort of knowledge then just move along. Oh and if you don't think Shaq didn't have an impact in the finals you're an even bigger idiot. There's more to the game than the boxscore, but I don't have the time nor desire to provide common sense basketball 101 to you. Based on your comments there's no question you're in the family tree of GFIAFP. I should have known.

Anyway, those that do have an interest and could provide rationale to the discussion what do you think of the draft? There are no dominant big men that will have an immediate impact. I think Thomas and Aldridge will need a year or two to get acquainted with the NBA, but they have the raw talent and skills to have a long and successful career in the pros. I enjoyed watching Roy the last two seasons and I think he'll be one of those players that will come into a game and put a team on his back. His defense has greatly improved the past two years and his outside shot improved.

blah blah blah blah blah blah

LOL. Wow, you're familiar with a player that EVERYONE knows about and was all over sportscenter every time he played, whether he had a good game or a bad game. That should tell me that you are familiar with all players from the west coast? The fact that you don't think Farmar will be an impact player in the NBA is much more indicative of your knowledge than you being familiar with a player EVERYONE is familiar with, whether they watch the west coast or not. HTH.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9459207

I wouldn't mind the Mavs picking up Diaz with their first pick. He's not a great point guard, but he's extremely athletic and was a very solid defender. He can leap out of the building and he's also extremely quick. I would love for Ager to fall to the Mavs, but I don't see him falling that far like Josh Howard did.

Players that will probably be in the 2nd round that could make some team:

Kevin Pittsnogle - WVU- He's another shooter with poor defensive skills.

Craig Smith - BC - He's a beast down low, but I don't know how effective he would be in the pros. I think he would be worth a 2nd round pick.

Allan Ray - Could provide some offense off the bench for a team. I don't think he'll ever put up considerable minutes, but he could be a very good role player off the bench.

Redick was at 14th overall just a few hours ago :thumbsdown:

IMO, not just him being a stupid drunk, but also the herniated disk played a factor. He should definitely drop from the lottery.

And I guess I'll post this here since my thread got ignored... :doublethumbsup:

Predicted lottery picks:

1. Toronto - Andrea Bargnani
  2. Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge
  3. Charlotte - Brandon Roy
  4. Portland - Adam Morrison
  5. Atlanta - Sheldon Williams
  6. Minnesota - Rudy Gay
  7. Boston - Tyrus Thomas
  8. Houston - Randy Foye
  9. Golden State - Rodney Carney
  10. Seattle - Patrick O'Bryant
  11. Orlando - Marcus Williams
  12. New Orleans/Oklahoma City - Cedric Simmons
  13. Philadelphia - Rajon Rondo
  14. Utah - Shannon Brown
  15. New Orleans/Oklahoma City - Thabo Sefolosha

LOL. Wow, you're familiar with a player that EVERYONE knows about

not true..ive never heard of most of the players listed here...

who takes anything as gospel?..i will check out the draft and like to read tarheels take..to kind of get a feel on whats up...i just hope that the bucks take someone worth a damn...

and thats silly to argue that you know your hoops and then say that the heat wouldve won with zo and no shaq...shaq makes a difference by just being there..why do u think wade gets the freedom to do his thing?

allen ray has some eye poppin moves and no..that wasnt funny :doublethumbsup:

not true..ive never heard of most of the players listed here...

who takes anything as gospel?..i will check out the draft and like to read tarheels take..to kind of get a feel on whats up...i just hope that the bucks take someone worth a damn...

and thats silly to argue that you know your hoops and then say that the heat wouldve won with zo and no shaq...shaq makes a difference by just being there..why do u think wade gets the freedom to do his thing?

allen ray has some eye poppin moves and no..that wasnt funny :doublethumbsup:

I was speaking about a specific player in the statement you quoted. And that player is a very well known player so Tarheel boy being familiar with him doesn't in and of itself suggest he has familiarity with all west coast players.

As far as Shaq goes, there's no doubt he makes a difference being there. But.....so did 'Zo, and at this point in their careers I think they have about the same impact. Certainly the Mavs thought so as they defended 'Zo pretty similarly to how they defended Shaq. So, having both, with the exception of the few minutes a game one spells the other, is a waste of money. That was my point - you could have been similarly successful with 'Zo as the starting center as you are with Shaq, at this point in their careers.

Redick was at 14th overall just a few hours ago <_<

IMO, not just him being a stupid drunk, but also the herniated disk played a factor. He should definitely drop from the lottery.

And I guess I'll post this here since my thread got ignored... :doublethumbsup:

Predicted lottery picks:

1. Toronto - Rudy Gay
  2. Chicago - Andrea Bargnani
  3. Charlotte - Adam Morrison
  4. Portland - Tyrus Thomas
  5. Atlanta - Randy Foye
  6. Minnesota - Brandon Roy
  7. Boston - LaMarcus Aldridge
  8. Houston - Marcus Williams
  9. Golden State - Rodney Carney
  10. Seattle - Patrick O'Bryant
  11. Orlando - Cedric Simmons
  12. New Orleans/Oklahoma City - Shelden Williams
  13. Philadelphia - Rajon Rondo
  14. Utah - Shannon Brown
  15. New Orleans/Oklahoma City - Oleksiy Pecherov

Sorry, dude. I didn't see you're other thread. :-(

That's a good list you have, but I don't know if Gay goes first (no pun intended :clap:). I haven't read the papers the past few days, but I don't think the Raptors are going with him on their first pick. I like MOrrison going to Charlotte as they would have some quality offensive players for the future in Felton and Morrison but they will get burnt on defensive as both of them are poor defenders. I really like Brandon Roy as he was the one player last year that stuck out to me as someone that's going to have a long and successful career in the pros. He became the leader for the Huskies when Robinson left and like I mentioned earlier he became a pretty solid defender. Orlando is going to be very disappointed in Cedric Simmons. He's good on the defensive end, but his offensive skills just suck. Rondo will be a very solid defender and if he can polish up on his offensive skills he would remind me a lot of a Raja Bell type of player. Bell was more of a defender when he played with the Mavs, but he's improved his offensive game and I think Rondo could do the same. Utah would be better off with the other MSU player in the draft in Ager. I think he's a better defender and has a better all around game.

Agree on Thomas and Roy

Aldridge will just be another Joe Smith. Serviceable, but a little soft.

I would add Rodney Carney to my list of impact players

i like Ager and Shannon Brown as well.

also, have to add Foye and Morrison to your list. they'll both be starters as rookies and be impact players. i also think Lowry will be an excellent backup PG who could blossom if he develops his jumper.

THB, I actually changed my draft predictions significantly, after some news I heard.

The word locally is the C's are trying to swing a deal for a quality veteran. That make a ton of sense. They already have a boatload of young talent. Probably too much. Ainge has done a great job as far as upgrading the talent level on the team. They have a lot of intriguing youngsters and have pretty much axed their deadwood. He needs to now transition the team from talented youngsters to a legit team and start moving forward in the win-loss column. Adding a solid veteran would be a step in that direction.

As far as the draft goes they're a tough call because you don't know who will fall to them. If there are no surprises I'm intrigued by Foye. The kid can light it up and is a solid defender. While probably not a legit point guard he would giive them another ballhandler. Also, it would give the C's a serious amount of outside shooters in Wally, Pierce, West, Foye and a few others. Brewer is also someone who could be in play should they keep the pick. He maybe a slight reach but his perimeter defense is something that could really help the C's.

The word locally is the C's are trying to swing a deal for a quality veteran. That make a ton of sense. They already have a boatload of young talent. Probably too much. Ainge has done a great job as far as upgrading the talent level on the team. They have a lot of intriguing youngsters and have pretty much axed their deadwood. He needs to now transition the team from talented youngsters to a legit team and start moving forward in the win-loss column. Adding a solid veteran would be a step in that direction.

As far as the draft goes they're a tough call because you don't know who will fall to them. If there are no surprises I'm intrigued by Foye. The kid can light it up and is a solid defender. While probably not a legit point guard he would giive them another ballhandler. Also, it would give the C's a serious amount of outside shooters in Wally, Pierce, West, Foye and a few others. Brewer is also someone who could be in play should they keep the pick. He maybe a slight reach but his perimeter defense is something that could really help the C's.

i heard they may trade the 7 and Dickau for Sebastian Telfair

if they pick i think Foye would be the way to go...if he's still on the board at 7.

THB, I actually changed my draft predictions significantly, after some news I heard.

Yeah, I figured you must have heard some recent developments. I haven't read or seen much the past couple of days.

Byars,

I agree about Lowry. I'm kinda hoping the Mavs take a flyer on him because they need a true PG. Harris could be that PG, but right now he needs to work on his jumper. I think Lowry would push him and vica versa. I don't know if Lowry will still be there for the Mavs.

Two other players I hope the Mavs consider:

1. Josh Boone - I think once he bulks up he'll be a very solid low post player. Kinda like Udonis Haslem where he won't put up spectacular numbers, but do all of the dirty work.

2. Dee Brown - He is extremely quick, but erratic at times. He would push the ball up the court and would free up Terry from the point. His size is definitely an issue.

i wouldn't touch Boone. he's gotten worse since his Freshman year. he never really developed any kind of game. i think he'll be a bust.

i don't think the Mavs can land Lowry. i think the Nets will take him with one of their two picks to backup Kidd if he's still on the board there. could also see the Suns taking Lowry to backup Nash. Dee Brown would be interesting for the Mavs in spot duty. there backcourt would be ridiculously quick.

i heard they may trade the 7 and Dickau for Sebastian Telfair

if they pick i think Foye would be the way to go...if he's still on the board at 7.

Where did you hear the Telfair rumor? The rumors I hear are they are sniffing around veterans like Marion, Iverson and Rashard Lewis. I'm sure they'd like to giveaway Dickau's contract but Telfair only brings another youngster onboard while also giving up the #7. If this move happened my guess is it would be the springboard for another deal.

i wouldn't touch Boone. he's gotten worse since his Freshman year. he never really developed any kind of game. i think he'll be a bust.

i don't think the Mavs can land Lowry. i think the Nets will take him with one of their two picks to backup Kidd if he's still on the board there. could also see the Suns taking Lowry to backup Nash. Dee Brown would be interesting for the Mavs in spot duty. there backcourt would be ridiculously quick.

Some of Boone's weaknesses might have been exploited once Okafor left, but if I'm not mistaken he was injured quite a bit his sophomore year. I could be wrong and I might be mistaken him for Anderson. I think that late in the round it might be worth a shot to pick him up and see what he can develop into. There's just nothing left when it's the Mavs turn. I really don't want them to pick up Pittsnogle. If Don Nelson is in the war room, I'm afraid he's going to try and land him. I know I said he would be a good 2nd round pick for some team, but he's not a good fit for the Mavs. Steve Novak from Marquette intrigues me a little and the Mavs might take him.

Where did you hear the Telfair rumor? The rumors I hear are they are sniffing around veterans like Marion, Iverson and Rashard Lewis. I'm sure they'd like to giveaway Dickau's contract but Telfair only brings another youngster onboard while also giving up the #7. If this move happened my guess is it would be the springboard for another deal.

i heard them talking about it on ESPN News less than an hour ago. they had Chad Forde on talking about the draft.

no way they're getting AI

I've heard rumors that the Suns might send Marion and someone else (can't remember now might be Barbosa) to the Bulls for the #2 pick. If the Suns are able to pull off that deal then damn a frontcourt of Amare, Diow, and Thomas would be sick.

i heard them talking about it on ESPN News less than an hour ago. they had Chad Forde on talking about the draft.

no way they're getting AI

*That would make sense since it's probably new info.

*I pray they don't get AI. I don't want him anywhere near a team I root for. He's a great talent but he's a monumental accident waiting to happen in Boston...and he's not a guy I want to see in Celtic green.

Some of Boone's weaknesses might have been exploited once Okafor left, but if I'm not mistaken he was injured quite a bit his sophomore year. I could be wrong and I might be mistaken him for Anderson. I think that late in the round it might be worth a shot to pick him up and see what he can develop into. There's just nothing left when it's the Mavs turn. I really don't want them to pick up Pittsnogle. If Don Nelson is in the war room, I'm afraid he's going to try and land him. I know I said he would be a good 2nd round pick for some team, but he's not a good fit for the Mavs. Steve Novak from Marquette intrigues me a little and the Mavs might take him.

Boone is 6'10 and thats the extent of anything positive i have to say about him. he has no offensive game. no post game and absolutely no jump shot. and he's pretty slow defensively, he only blocked shots in college because of his height. R.Anderson of UConn is a completely different player, he's a pure shooter. great range. Pittsnoggle or Novak would be much better than Boone. they really don't use their size that well but both guys can shoot it and would be great on the pick n pop game. they can nail the jumper or at least draw big men out to guard them.

I've heard rumors that the Suns might send Marion and someone else (can't remember now might be Barbosa) to the Bulls for the #2 pick. If the Suns are able to pull off that deal then damn a frontcourt of Amare, Diow, and Thomas would be sick.

Why are they looking to wheel Marion?

Word out of Toronto...

The Raptors are willing to move out of the #1 spot, however its going to take an All-Star calibre player for them to move out of the lottery, or an 'above average' player along with a lower lottery pick. At this point, no one is really biting.

The only rumor that had some substance was #1 overall and Alvin Williams to Charlotte for the #3 pick. There is also small rumors about Marion.

Colangelo had a press conference today and said it is down to two players if they don't trade out of the top spot. They love Bargnani and think he could develop in to a Nowitzski type player, as well as be someone for the strong Italian community in Toronto to back, but are unsure if he is worth the #1 pick (the big reason they are looking to trade down). ESPN is reporting today that they are strongly considering Rudy Gay with the pick, and it's also no secret that Colangelo is in love with Morrison.

Less than 24 hours away and nothing is clear at all. If I had to place money on it, I would say they are gonna take Gay at #1, if they pull off the trade with Charlotte, they will take Bargnani.

I think if they can get a younger Thomas in the deal they would be willing the part with Marion. He's a great defender and is pretty good on offense, but I think if they want the #2 pick he's the one they'll have to send.

Boone is 6'10 and thats the extent of anything positive i have to say about him. he has no offensive game. no post game and absolutely no jump shot. and he's pretty slow defensively, he only blocked shots in college because of his height. R.Anderson of UConn is a completely different player, he's a pure shooter. great range. Pittsnoggle or Novak would be much better than Boone. they really don't use their size that well but both guys can shoot it and would be great on the pick n pop game. they can nail the jumper or at least draw big men out to guard them.

I guess since I've always been a fan of Boone from his freshman year I'm hoping he'll be that kind of player for some team. Pittsnoggle would be a defensive liability and I would dread watching him jack up 3 pointer after 3 pointer and not making them in a crucial game. I don't expect him, or anyone the Mavs take for that matter, to play significant minutes any time soon, but I just don't want to see him in a Mavs uniform. He's a great college player when the Mountaineers were able to spread the floor and let him and Gansey jack up 3 pointers, but I don't think he has the talent to get that open in the pros.

contract. i think he's up after next season and they don't expect to be able to afford him so they're trying to get something for him while they can.

contract. i think he's up after next season and they don't expect to be able to afford him so they're trying to get something for him while they can.

I thought they just resigned him. If you're right than it makes a lot more sense.

It's tricky business these drafts. I think the key is finding a guy that has the ability to be a role player. What I see alot is people get a bunch of guys who are used to being the man, and then they can't play together.

If I were to put guys on teams here's what I would do.

Toronto - Brandon Roy :shocking:

Chicago - Tyrus Thomas

Charlotte - Lamarcus Aldridge (or maybe they'll just take Tyler Hansborough even though he's not in the draft)

Portland - Rudy Gay (Morrison makes more sense here, but this is Portland were talking about)

Atlanta - Adam Morrison (you can never have too many small forwards)

Minnesota - Randy Foye

Boston - Andre Bargnani

Houston - Rodney Carney

Golden State - Marcus Williams

Seattle - Sheldon Williams

Orlando - Shannon Brown

New Orleans - Patrick O'Bryant

Philadelphia - Kyle Lowry

Utah - Hilton Armstrong

New Orleans - Shawne Williams

It's tricky business these drafts. I think the key is finding a guy that has the ability to be a role player. What I see alot is people get a bunch of guys who are used to being the man, and then they can't play together.

If I were to put guys on teams here's what I would do.

Toronto - Brandon Roy :shocking:

Chicago - Tyrus Thomas

Charlotte - Lamarcus Aldridge (or maybe they'll just take Tyler Hansborough even though he's not in the draft)

Portland - Rudy Gay (Morrison makes more sense here, but this is Portland were talking about)

Atlanta - Adam Morrison (you can never have too many small forwards)

Minnesota - Randy Foye

Boston - Andre Bargnani

Houston - Rodney Carney

Golden State - Marcus Williams

Seattle - Sheldon Williams

Orlando - Shannon Brown

New Orleans - Patrick O'Bryant

Philadelphia - Kyle Lowry

Utah - Hilton Armstrong

New Orleans - Shawne Williams

That's a nice list as well. I think anyone that takes Simmons in the lottery is going to be severly disappointed.

A rumor on the Mavs board is they're trying to trade Daniels to Utah for the #14 pick. I think the Mavs will have to give up more than that to get the #14 pick.

I for one think Shelden Williams is vastly overrated. His footwork in the post is horrible, and he's like a blackhole when he gets the ball on the block. Plus he can be boxed out, and his weak arm hook shot that he lives on is not going to cut it against someone that can body him up. And finally, I think his shot blocking was exaggerated because he never guarded anyone. He just stood in the paint and waited for people to drive the lane.

I for one think Shelden Williams is vastly overrated. His footwork in the post is horrible, and he's like a blackhole when he gets the ball in the post. Plus he can be blocked out, and his weak arm hook shot that he lives on is not going to cut it against someone that can body him up. And finally, I think his shot blocking was exaggerated because he never guarded anyone. He just stood in the paint and waited for people to drive the lane.

I agree completely. He's a fouling machine that got abused by Sean May in college.

I think ESPN has a draft preview coming up in 15 minutes. I'll be interested to hear the latest rumors.

I think ESPN has a draft preview coming up in 15 minutes. I'll be interested to hear the latest rumors.

Since the Sox are blasting the Mets I'll be switching over...