Sign in to follow this  
Tarheel Boy

College football predictions

bump for Strike because he's a true Dook fan. I'm waiting for his indepth analysis.

:doublethumbsup:

Thee Ohio State University should lose one game at the most and will beat West Virginia in the National Championship game. Troy Smith and Ted Ginn, Jr. will split the Heisman votes so neither will be the front runner. Antonio Gonzalez is the other Wide Out and is actually faster than Ginn! In the backfield, Antonio Pittman returns after scorching Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl for 138 rushing yards and a TD. They also have a blue chip RB named Chris Wells coming in who was the Ohio player of the year last year. Although only 2 defenders return from last year's team, nobody in Columbus seems too concerned. Tressel always has his defense ready to play...besides, if you can't defend them; outscore them!

;)

Thee Ohio State University should lose one game at the most and will beat West Virginia in the National Championship game. Troy Smith and Ted Ginn, Jr. will split the Heisman votes so neither will be the front runner. Antonio Gonzalez is the other Wide Out and is actually faster than Ginn! In the backfield, Antonio Pittman returns after scorching Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl for 138 rushing yards and a TD. They also have a blue chip RB named Chris Wells coming in who was the Ohio player of the year last year. Although only 2 defenders return from last year's team, nobody in Columbus seems too concerned. Tressel always has his defense ready to play...besides, if you can't defend them; outscore them!

:lol:

I wouldn't be too sure of that...I was at a fund raiser dinner last night with Tressel as the featured speaker, and while he of course said all the right things, you could tell there was some hesitation and lack of confidence in his tone when discussing the inexperience on the defensive side of the ball. Although he did not say it explicitly, you could tell he has some concerns about the LBs especially.

I wouldn't be too sure of that...I was at a fund raiser dinner last night with Tressel as the featured speaker, and while he of course said all the right things, you could tell there was some hesitation and lack of confidence in his tone when discussing the inexperience on the defensive side of the ball. Although he did not say it explicitly, you could tell he has some concerns about the LBs especially.

I'm glad that they are having fundraisers for the Ohio State Football program. I wouldn't want it to go broke!

:wacko:

BTW, the LB's could never live up to last year's trio; at least not anytime soon. One thing working in their favor is they won't have to chase Vince Young all over the field in Week 2 in Austin! Mike D'Andrea has some playing time under his belt and "Wrestler-Boy" should be a fan favorite as long as he does his job...I hope that counts for something! One thing that I'm counting on is for the Offense to put mucho points on the board and that should make the opposing offense change their gameplan and take chances that they would not normally make.