Sign in to follow this  
Toro

Buying a new car

I am starting to look at getting rid of the gas-guzzling truck and get something better suited for my commute. I was looking at the smaller sedans and such but I really don't want to step down to something like a Civic. Those things are too damn small. I want to improve my gas consumption but not have to drive a Geo.

Any ideas? New or used, doesn't matter.

I just picked up a Hyundai Sonata for the wife. Good on gas, stylish. Looks a little like the Accord/Camry type. I believe it is a little roomier. Got it for under 20k. Not sure if that is a great deal or not, but we were happy.

I just picked up a Hyundai Sonata for the wife. Good on gas, stylish. Looks a little like the Accord/Camry type. I believe it is a little roomier. Got it for under 20k. Not sure if that is a great deal or not, but we were happy.

Hyundai makes a good car at an excellent price. :banana: Going with a new Hyundai is never a bad choice, otherwise you get reemed, and should prolly stick with a used.

I might still go VW when the times comes, but those Hyindai's are also tight in the running for me :banana:

Hyundai makes a good car at an excellent price. :banana: Going with a new Hyundai is never a bad choice, otherwise you get reemed, and should prolly stick with a used.

I might still go VW when the times comes, but those Hyindai's are also tight in the running for me :banana:

Agreed. I think for a whiole anyway, they got a bad rap for being knda of a sh!tty car, but after several test drives and a little research, they're not too bad.

I'm looking at a Hyundai for the "wife" too. 2004 with 20 to 30k miles, 100,000k warranty.

She needs the ac compressor replaced in her car, $900. cha right, I'd rather buy her a "new" car.

I'm looking at a Hyundai for the "wife" too. 2004 with 20 to 30k miles, 100,000k warranty.

She needs the ac compressor replaced in her car, $900. cha right, I'd rather buy her a "new" car.

Friend of mine has a Nissan Exterra, 4 yrs old, 100k miles, and needs $2000 to repair the AC, he is prolly gonna sell it... :lol:

Friend of mine has a Nissan Exterra, 4 yrs old, 100k miles, and needs $2000 to repair the AC, he is prolly gonna sell it... :banana:

4 years old, 100k miles.. christ.. the car in question is 6 years old with 52,000 miles, it's from Miami, which is why the A/C went so early. Prolly worth 2.5 to 3 k in a trade in.

:banana:

I would be interested in:

Acura RSX Type-S

Volkwagen Jetta GLS TDI (Diesel)

Honda Civic EX

Toyota Camry LE (4-cyl.)

But it looks like if I am going to get any true benefit from switching, I will have to get something that is really fuel efficient.

I work around 20 days a month and my commute is 30 miles one way (20 x 60 = 1200 mi. a month). So here are the estimates and the monthly benefits for the cars I listed:

Car - Overall MPG - Gas Costs Per Month @ 3.00 a gal

Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 - 14 - $257 (0)

Acura RSX - 26 - $138 (119)

Jetta GLS - 32 - $112 (145)

Civic - 29 - $124 (133)

Camry - 24 - $150 (107)