Sign in to follow this  
vegasmk

Projection Updates

What are the dates when the projection data will be updated. I know I saw them somewhere but I cannot recall where.

Here you go:

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates...

6/5 - Done

6/19 - Done

7/3

7/27

8/3

8/10

8/17

8/24

8/31

9/5

Yes, the projection update is done. If anything seems out of whack let me know. I noticed a couple things that are minor but need to be fixed, such as the draft data submission in Draft Buddy. I'll be working on that tonight and tomorrow and a new version of the Compiler and Buddy will follow.

prolly just the boys at fft taking a gamble, but addai seems very hi on my pretty basic scoring system cheatsheet...

prolly just the boys at fft taking a gamble, but addai seems very hi on my pretty basic scoring system cheatsheet...

You could put it that way zippychi. Krueger is high on Addai. Waldman is very high on his prospects. In fact, here is an excertp from Matt's Rookie Scouting Portfolio where he had Addai as his top underrated RB (note this was written back in March, well before the draft):

Joseph Addai, LSU: I think Addai is one of the best skill players in this draft. He can do

everything you want from a feature running back: block, catch, get the tough yards, or

bounce it outside for a long gain. He doesn’t have elite measurements or physical skills,

but he is the Hines Ward of running backs: tough, football smart, and often making a

critical play for his team with or without the ball in his hands. These are the things you’ll

notice about Addai when you read the analysis of the game film.

Addai is underrated because he arrived to LSU as a runner coming off a knee injury, and

most college teams didn’t want to take a chance on him. Plus, Addai competed with more

sought-after recruits at the position and unselfishly contributed in any way he could to

make a difference on the field.

I think Addai would be a perfect match for a team like the Indianapolis Colts because he

possesses the all-around skills for their offense. Regardless of where Addai winds up, I

believe he’ll be an impact player for years to come.

The 2006 Rookie Scouting Portfolio

Myself, I've heard strong arguments on both sides of the fence with Addai. I'll probably be more cautious towards him in which case someone else will surely draft him before me.

yup..

just look at the adp compared to the guys he ranks around and look to steal him...

thanks for the read too...

bgard, since your post was specific to the projections, I moved it over to the main board, here. I'll also check with Krueger and see if has any commentary forthcoming.

Oh, and I should add... if you don't agree with the projections here and there, then you can handle that a couple ways in the Compiler and Buddy. You can change the projections in the Compiler, or move the players up and down in Draft Buddy using the re-rank feature.

mike..

running v1.1 i'm getting an error when i try to run the projection update..

I ran it in 1.5 and had no problem, and they should be the same in that respect. What is the error? Do you have a firewall preventing Excel from accessing the Internet?

BTW, I was just coming here to tell everyone the projection update is ready... except we're still trying to track down our IDP guy Tony who is a bit behind.

Okay, I just went back and ran the update in 1.1... no issues that I saw. Anyone else run the update? Did it work - yay or nay?

Okay, I just went back and ran the update in 1.1... no issues that I saw. Anyone else run the update? Did it work - yay or nay?

update worked fine with 1.5

i'll check the error when i get to work mike, thanks..

just ran 1.1b here at the house, updated fine...

must have been operator error yesterday at work...

Okay, let me know.

BTW, projections are now all updated including IDP as of 9:00 am Eastern this morning.

Will the roaf factor be updated into the stats of LJ, Green, and gonzo for the next update?

I'm sure Mike will factor that in as much as he believes is necessary. He is from Kansas City so he does tend to have a little more insight on the Chiefs' particular situation, including whether a backup could/should do a solid replacement job for Roaf, etc.