Sign in to follow this  
ALsportsnut

Need some expert advice

I am in a keeper league with 19 other guys. We protect 5 players every year.

Right now I plan on protecting:

1. Clinton Portis

2. Torry Holt

3. Terrell Owens

4. Daunte Culpepper

The 5th player is the difficult pick. The best available players to pick from are:

Samkon Gado, Brad Johnson, Troy Williamson, Corey Bradford.

I have the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and I have 4 guys that are longhorn fans that will do anything to get the first pick to get Vince Young.

So, My question is:

1. Who should be my 5th protected player?

2. Who or What position should I concentrate on for my first pick in the draft?

Thanks,

Mark

I'd probably keep Williamson and target a RB. Go one way or the other...unless your QB points are 6 pts per TD versus 4 and Manning is there (which I doubt) stick with running or WR production and the RB options you have to keep as your 5th option doesn't impress me.

I am in a keeper league with 19 other guys. We protect 5 players every year.

Right now I plan on protecting:

1. Clinton Portis

2. Torry Holt

3. Terrell Owens

4. Daunte Culpepper

The 5th player is the difficult pick. The best available players to pick from are:

Samkon Gado, Brad Johnson, Troy Williamson, Corey Bradford.

I have the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and I have 4 guys that are longhorn fans that will do anything to get the first pick to get Vince Young.

So, My question is:

1. Who should be my 5th protected player?

2. Who or What position should I concentrate on for my first pick in the draft?

Thanks,

Mark

Williamson has the most upsdie of those players. Johnson is the safest pick, but not worth protecting. Gado as a backup might be worthwhile, but he's currently projected as 3rd team. Bradford? Not worth picking up.

RB is a good position for the draft if it isn't a point per reception league or TD only league. what are your scoring rules?

Was thinking about protecting Brad Johnson, because of Culpepper's health. I do like the upside to Troy Williamson. He would complete my WR crew, but if Culpepper doesn't make it back for the start of the season, I am in trouble. With 20 teams protecting 5 players, That means 20 starting QBs are off the board.

I am planning on picking Bush or Addai with my first pick. Any suggestions?

Was thinking about protecting Brad Johnson, because of Culpepper's health. I do like the upside to Troy Williamson. He would complete my WR crew, but if Culpepper doesn't make it back for the start of the season, I am in trouble. With 20 teams protecting 5 players, That means 20 starting QBs are off the board.

I am planning on picking Bush or Addai with my first pick. Any suggestions?

It would be senseless really to keep Johnson, as there will be plenty of Qb's of his caliber available, so you might as well keep a young wideout with tons of potential.

amen to all of the above...spot on...